Strategy I'm the guy who tried to run for the board, ask me anything

Remove this Banner Ad

The nominations committee has no power to reject incumbent board directors (if they would anyway).

Unless there is major change, I predict that all directors nearing their term limit will resign slightly early, the replacements appointed mid term, any challengers will be vetoed prior to the AGM and the whole circus will continue.

Unless there is major change.
Are you running the TimeForChange NMFC Instagram page?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope, that's not me.

Watch the board closely, keep the supporters up to date on matters, and most importantly inform the members in a timely fashion as to when board elections are looming.

I have opened a thread to discuss and analyse the boards actions, as this is where we now need to dedicate our focus.

Going into 2020, how do you feel about this situation and potential people running in the future?
You know, when my club makes its next grand final, I'm going to spend part of my week digging up months-old threads on opposition boards about their corporate governance.

You know, when my club makes its next grand final, I'm going to spend part of my week digging up months-old threads on opposition boards about their corporate governance.
I am good friends with the guy who ran, and had a beer with him last night which prompted the thread and I said I would bump it as I'm far more active on here than he is

He was blocked from running by changes to the constitution (in theory gave the power to just say yes or no to potential board members, without any reason than what they feel) and my mate wasn't in the boys club - not that he wanted to be, he's one of us and just wanted to be the voice of the punter in the stand.

Ultimately not having the funds to appeal it in court stopped him, and there has been a fair clean out since of the board I believe, but he isn't that keen on going again after it all.

If he wanted it he could’ve went on with it. At the moment it looks like he was happy with his name in the paper

I am good friends with the guy who ran, and had a beer with him last night which prompted the thread and I said I would bump it as I'm far more active on here than he is
He should have another go, if only to make a point. There will be vacancies and they will most likely filled by the current board from people within their current circles (friends, business associates, etc). And I'll bet they don't have to submit to a nominations committee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offence to the bloke, but if he’s going to give up he’s wasting our time. If it’s a financial issue try a go fund me.
I'll get him to log on and speak about where he is on it now

No offence to the bloke, but if he’s going to give up he’s wasting our time. If it’s a financial issue try a go fund me.

Not on. The guy had a crack but his mate has explained it would be a financial drain to pursue further - not to mention (my opinion) he goes up against people with a stacked deck.

Bit harsh to bag someone who had a swing at it while we all safely sit pontificating on a website.

Irrespective of the current board's perceived boys club/closed shop setup, they have probably bought themselves some more time with the recent set of ruthless decisions around the football department and the senior coach. Now we need to wait and see if they can follow those through and achieve some success, while also keeping up and increasing off field growth. Anyone who wants to shake the place up, even if they are a worthy candidate, probably needs to wait 2 years to be a legitimate chance.

Irrespective of the current board's perceived boys club/closed shop setup, they have probably bought themselves some more time with the recent set of ruthless decisions around the football department and the senior coach. Now we need to wait and see if they can follow those through and achieve some success, while also keeping up and increasing off field growth. Anyone who wants to shake the place up, even if they are a worthy candidate, probably needs to wait 2 years to be a legitimate chance.
Fwiw he wasn't wanting to shake anything up - just he a voice of the punter in the stand and assure accountability

Not on. The guy had a crack but his mate has explained it would be a financial drain to pursue further - not to mention (my opinion) he goes up against people with a stacked deck.

Bit harsh to bag someone who had a swing at it while we all safely sit pontificating on a website.

Was I being rude?

Great call EH. Revamped the whole footy department, stable financials off field. Missing piece is some sustained on field success, which may now be achievable post Scott.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was I being rude?

Not really but KC is making a good point - its a bit harsh on the guy. Doing this stuff costs time, energy and money. And if he is starting a bit of a fight to get the position then it takes mental preparation as well.

I think the changes we've seen this year have brought the board some time anyway as EH mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back