Imagine if we went backwards and finished bottom 4 or something, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
139442-tigers.jpg

its going to be bad enough if we dont make the finals.. imagine if we did go backwards! It would just about kill me.:oops:
Its taken me 3 years to recover from Cuz's first game vs Carlton rnd 1. the club hurt me in a way I didnt think I could ever forgive that night. I think a bottom 4 finish would leave most wondering what the hell we have to do as a club to turn things around.

the fact is, tiger friends that A) its going to be an extremely even competition 1-12 next year - no one in that range is going to fall away and just let us walk in. B) a few injuries and we are well and truly back in the field C) alot of injuries and we will have a rough ride.

Here and now, Im tipping us making the 8 with a bullet, but no one should doubt we dont need a bit of fortune, a bit of misfortune to others, and greater improvement across the board than at least 6 other teams who are competing for 6th, 7th, 8th spots.... the game does not owe us a spot, does not owe us sucess: our team has to be good enough to take it: and in 2012 we werent good enough by 5 spots on the ladder.

The lid is well and truly off around here (and there are good reasons for optimism when you look at all the good things the club is doing)... clearly us supporters are going to go off on one like its 2008/9 all over again. Maybe our theme song this year should be the Who's "Wont Get Fooled Again."? (long version of course)

Well, we've only done it half-a-dozen times in the past 30 years. We've had plenty of pre-season's where we've been expected to leap up ther ladder, and gone the other way (sometimes making a late dash to finish 9th).

We don't need to imagine it - we've all experienced it. It's just good that we can keep jumping up positively every new season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....you don't sound like a Tiger "supporter" to me, you sound like an arrogant Hawthorn supporter....and yes, I hope you're insulted. Instantly very annoyed by this thread...this is a borderline troll.

This is not a borderline troll. This is an actual troll. Go through my history and have another guess about who I barrack for.

Sheesh.

I wouldnt go as far as say bottom 4, but underperfoming based on the expectations (and from what im reading theres alot of it here) would create a a very angry angry mob fuelled by the media.

TBH, everyone is predicting us to be top 8, but in all honestly, even if we perform well we are fighting with a of teams. This could end bad next year, BUT i hope not and we've all experienced this before.

If we do finish bottom 4 we need to accept that we suck and forever will. Our spine is too strong to finish bottom 4.

the way the list and football department has beefed up and improved no end the last few years these situations SHOULD NOT occur. Its not a matter of hoping it doesnt happen, like it used to be.

This is the new richmond, the one that makes extremely sound on and off field decisions, a richmond where the word hope needs to be weeded out. A Richmond where all the meticulous planning and thorough implementation to all decisions made, need to taken into serious consideration and fear should be confronted head on with an iron fist.

spare me your cellar dwelling 30 years of rubbish responses and just consider the last time every aspect of punt road felt this right!! Buy a ticket, take your seat and enjoy the ride

Take it from someone who picked Adelaide - way before that pre-season crap - to finish top four, we are capable of going backwards. I would doubt bottom four.
We finished a mere 2 points ahead of Brisbane, but in my view we were a far better team. But Brissie have plenty of improvement in them. I also see Port and one of GWS or Gold Coast improving, likely GWS.
It's possible!!

Take it from someone who picked Adelaide - way before that pre-season crap - to finish top four, we are capable of going backwards. I would doubt bottom four.
We finished a mere 2 points ahead of Brisbane, but in my view we were a far better team. But Brissie have plenty of improvement in them. I also see Port and one of GWS or Gold Coast improving, likely GWS.
It's possible!!
You mention Brisbane got plenty of improvement in them, without addressing the unmeasurable scope of improvement our list has? Not to mention we tore them a new one at the Gabba without even playing overly well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back