News Impact of COVID-19 on season 2020 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

No it isn't

They can fast track the vaccine if needed. Clinical trials have already gone ahead in the UK. It's up to the government's to skip through all trials or not.
I hope they do if it is reasonably safe to do so.
It will still be well past our winter before the public get it on mass..So if it follows the normal cold & flu the southern hemisphere will be copping it pretty hard.

Interesting fact.
We do not have a proven vaccine for any of the several known carona viruses we already carry as a species.

Honestly at this point i'd be surprised if the season does go ahead as normal. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

They’re now worrying about a second wave of people – nationals and foreigners – bringing the virus back into the country.
Chinese Communist party are full of crap too. Really hard to believe any of their numbers..
If china was a free society the virus would have likely been contained at the beginning.
It will all be about deflecting from now on..
Yesterday they were trying to say there is no proof that the crossover to humans even happened in Wuhan..

I’ll be extremely surprised if this season starts as planned. I’ll also be very surprised if we have a proper season. Maybe time for 3 conferences of 6 teams and some finals?

and anyone saying bring it on quick is either very naive, stupid or incredibly selfish.

Edit: do we have a Coronavirus thread?

Chinese Communist party are full of crap too. Really hard to believe any of their numbers..
If china was a free society the virus would have likely been contained at the beginning.
Yesterday they were trying to say there is no proof that the crossover to humans even happened in Wuhan..

Free societies like Italy and South Korea?
Trump didn’t want the cruise ship to dock in the states because it would bump up their death numbers. I don’t trust in China’s numbers any more or less than anyone else’s.

I'm in a similar boat and we directly supply grassroots AFL clubs. We are in peak period for ordering and with our manufacturing based in China it has been a very stressful time. Our next quarter projections have been slashed and we are preparing for worst case scenarios.

A vaccine won't help, most of us are going to get it. Most of us won't be affected and those who are will most likely have flu symptoms. Those in the vulnerable groups of the elderly, obese or pre existing medical conditions will be in a lot of trouble.

My prediction is we are going to cost the economy a stack of cash and the results will not be nearly as bad as they could be. Does spending this cash guarantee a reduced butchers bill?

No, but it is kind of like global warming. You can do something about it and everything ends up great anyway or you can do nothing and the earth will fall apart.

Be alert, not alarmed, look after yourselves and each other and don't be a ******* idiot and buy up all the toilet paper.
We are a cloud based accounting firm who help businesses become cloud based. Our business continuity plan is - everyone work from home. Unfortunately an event like this is prime for us, and it's not the circumstances you want as a trigger for people to want to work with you. This could be huge for us, but I also don't want it to be.

I’ll be extremely surprised if this season starts as planned. I’ll also be very surprised if we have a proper season. Maybe time for 3 conferences of 6 teams and some finals?

and anyone saying bring it on quick is either very naive, stupid or incredibly selfish.

Edit: do we have a Coronavirus thread?

I’m confused I thought this was a Training thread... was Hamling at training, did Carter show enthusiasm, was Young still working in rehab... was Hogan sited, and was Heppel having discussions with Peter Bell...

No idea how Corona fits into this unless they are new Sponsors... well Are they!

To be honest, China is the best country prepared for a pandemic. Complete lockdown, no complaints. If so, it’s arrested on the spot. The society within can be easily manipulated and controlled. State controls social media and media itself.
Would’ve been a lot worst had it arises in countries such as USA. Free will would’ve be the end of the world tbh

To be honest, China is the best country prepared for a pandemic. Complete lockdown, no complaints. If so, it’s arrested on the spot. The society within can be easily manipulated and controlled. State controls social media and media itself.
Would’ve been a lot worst had it arises in countries such as USA. Free will would’ve be the end of the world tbh
When it first kicked off. The Wuhan medical professionals were told to shut their mouths by the local communist party government who were too scared to tell Beijing they were having a problem.
So it was a mix of fear of the CCP & stupidity of the CCP that let the virus take hold in the first place.
Once Beijing realised how bad the virus was they did a great job.
But they were a month too late.
The horse had bolted.
And that's the problem with totalitarianism. Fear does not always get the best results.

Fast forward to now & the white washing has already started..

Imagine being so full of lies & paranoia you blocked 1.4 billion of your people using Google, YouTube , Instagram, quora, Facebook, Twitter, yahoo etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a cloud based accounting firm who help businesses become cloud based. Our business continuity plan is - everyone work from home. Unfortunately an event like this is prime for us, and it's not the circumstances you want as a trigger for people to want to work with you. This could be huge for us, but I also don't want it to be.
Do you advise on ERPs Arc?

Hi all

Since nobody else seems to be doing it, I thought I'd create a thread dedicated to all things COVID-19 related. That way we can keep it out of all the other threads, most importantly the Training thread - that needs to be sacrosanct! :)

I created a thread 2 weeks ago but the mods shut it down.
that was the one in which I said Covid 19 was going to have a significant affect on the AFL season, and Bring Back Drum said no, it wasn't going to be that bad. I wondered what happened to that thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back