News Impact of COVID-19 on season 2020 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Suggestion right now the Bulldogs get sent over here. North supposedly being considered for Sydney, which is really weird given they've played none of the teams confirmed to be hubbing in Perth and a number that will be hubbing in Sydney.

SA govt saying no to a hub in Adelaide. Vics not welcome.
If WA follow season over.

Thats pretty silly, they are saying that no matter what and where the SA clubs will have to quarantine for 14 days after playing a Victoria club. So if Collingwood are in Perth for 4 weeks then play Port that would be considered a breach.

Goes against everything the Governments have put in place in regards to overseas quarantine.

Thats pretty silly, they are saying that no matter what and where the SA clubs will have to quarantine for 14 days after playing a Victoria club. So if Collingwood are in Perth for 4 weeks then play Port that would be considered a breach.

Goes against everything the Governments have put in place in regards to overseas quarantine.
I think that could be a misunderstanding, the minister was talking about Victoria being the epicenter of the disease and said that they wouldn't be giving waivers to the 14 days after playing them.

I think that was meant to mean playing them in Victoria or recently out of Victoria

I think that could be a misunderstanding, the minister was talking about Victoria being the epicenter of the disease and said that they wouldn't be giving waivers to the 14 days after playing them.

I think that was meant to mean playing them in Victoria or recently out of Victoria

You would hope so but the direct quote is:

"The advice I have is that South Australian clubs that play a Victorian team in any location will need to quarantine for two weeks. The premier has indicated there won't be a hub in South Australia and there won't be exemptions to isolation rules."

You would hope so but the direct quote is:

"The advice I have is that South Australian clubs that play a Victorian team in any location will need to quarantine for two weeks. The premier has indicated there won't be a hub in South Australia and there won't be exemptions to isolation rules."

Exactly, I read that as meaning that a Victorian team in NT is the same as in Victoria. I don't think the idea that they have spent 14 days in quarantine has been addressed there

Exactly, I read that as meaning that a Victorian team in NT is the same as in Victoria. I don't think the idea that they have spent 14 days in quarantine has been addressed there

Makes sense and is exactly what QLD currently has in place hence why GC will be forced on the road after the Geelong game. Pretty poorly worded from SA health minister.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens after Pies and Cats leave the WA hub?

Can we play teams that come in whilst they are quarantining? I don't think we can so who do we play during the time a new hub team is in quarantine?????

Can we play teams that come in whilst they are quarantining? I don't think we can so who do we play during the time a new hub team is in quarantine?????
Because they will be coming from QLD, I think it gets the all clear, assuming WA had changed its stance on these things by then.

Because they will be coming from QLD, I think it gets the all clear, assuming WA had changed its stance on these things by then.
I'm sure they still have to quarantine no matter where they come from. WA borders are up for everyone. At this stage anyway.

Hoping Marky Mark will allow us to play if we also stay in quarantine. Again!

I'm sure they still have to quarantine no matter where they come from. WA borders are up for everyone. At this stage anyway.

Hoping Marky Mark will allow us to play if we also stay in quarantine. Again!
I think they'll relax the borders for anyone not coming from Vic - at least for AFL.

There's a political battle now between us, QLD and SA for the Grand Final

I’d guess they’d do what the plan is/was anyway, with rotating teams through so it’d go something like this
R7: Geelong v Collingwood, Freo v WCE
R8: Freo v Geelong, WCE v Collingwood (Team A and Team B arrive in Perth on Friday/Saturday of this round to begin quarantine)
R9: Freo v Collingwood, WCE v Geelong, Team A v Team B
R10: Freo v Team A, WCE v Team B (once two weeks is up)

I’d guess they’d do what the plan is/was anyway, with rotating teams through so it’d go something like this
R8: Freo v Geelong, WCE v Collingwood (Team A and Team B arrive in Perth on Friday/Saturday of this round to begin quarantine)
That looks about right.

Ah smart thinking!

That looks about right.
yeah the only issue that’ll come up is when we run out of teams that haven’t played each other, us and WCE. hopefully by the time that becomes an issue the border is at least somewhat open again

What happens after Rd 10? We have to go back up to bloody Queensland again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back