News Impact of COVID-19 on season 2020 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

What you also need to understand about MaClowan is he is ex navy (says enough for those who have worked with them) then straight into government positions limited life experience he also would hate AFL as a sport being a soccer lover really searching for someone else to vote for next election.

What you also need to understand about MaClowan is he is ex navy (says enough for those who have worked with them) then straight into government positions limited life experience he also would hate AFL as a sport being a soccer lover really searching for someone else to vote for next election.

He is a Docker supporter, loves AFL.
190 cases overnite in Melbourne .
Football games would be the last thing on health experts minds when the safety of the population is taken into account.
Any one who thinks the state govt hasn't done a good job keeping us all safe and the State getting back to some sort of productivity would be a rusted on Liberal supporter who would find something to whinge about know matter what.

Melbourne case numbers aren't going to scare the politicians here, it's the explosion of negativity directed at Andrews that will worry them.

Victorians aren't allowed in WA without strict measures already, the number of cases there doesn't impact WA except as an example of what would happen should their own measures have been ineffective.

Prolonged measures in WA further would be admission from the state government here that their current measures are not able to handle what we have been told they have, that good fortune has resulted in us being at this point, not the measures they took which are now deemed too small to protect us.

I expect them to quietly shift compassionate waivers of quarantine into the hotel quarantine system and continue with that as the primary and front line defense against this virus entering WA again.

All along they’ve said the Stage 5 measures would be subject to review, I’d be more concerned if they weren’t reviewing them before implementation

Melbourne case numbers aren't going to scare the politicians here, it's the explosion of negativity directed at Andrews that will worry them.

Victorians aren't allowed in WA without strict measures already, the number of cases there doesn't impact WA except as an example of what would happen should their own measures have been ineffective.

Prolonged measures in WA further would be admission from the state government here that their current measures are not able to handle what we have been told they have, that good fortune has resulted in us being at this point, not the measures they took which are now deemed too small to protect us.

I expect them to quietly shift compassionate waivers of quarantine into the hotel quarantine system and continue with that as the primary and front line defense against this virus entering WA again.

It's not Victorians that are the worry, it's overseas returning.
There is a case in NSW today where a visitor returned did the 2 weeks quarantine was released and later found to be positive.
WA are receiving plane loads of overseas returning daily.

There is a case in NSW today where a visitor returned did the 2 weeks quarantine was released and later found to be positive.
One thing you can guarantee is the security guard budget just increased ten fold, every other state will be making sure that these hotels are guided by competent professionals.

Frustrating. Everybody's point of view as validity..
Personally I have changed my thoughts a few times..
At first I would have been happy to have contracted it & become part of a herd immunity..Who knows how long immunity would last for. Influenza is about 5 years after infection.
Happy to have the state quarantined now.
Doing so well it would nice to live with some sort of normality..
Markymark needs to give us back our freedom.
Like in North Korea 🇰🇵

You can go to the shops, you can holiday anywhere in one of the biggest jurisdictions in the world.
Most people are back working, and we don't have community infection.
Happy to be compared to Nth Korea, but its complete bullshit.

We are only going to get airplanes landing every three days, and they go into hotel quarantine.

Salim Malik have been called all sorts of names but rusted on liberal supporter is one of the biggest insults I have ever received if I was capable I would even be offended.
No just think we dont need the nanny state treatment viewing in mind this covid could go on for many years just need to adapt as it evolves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think even if it is 30k (50%), that should cover most of the silver/platinum pledge people. But you might get shafted from your seat to spread the crowd.

A 50% capacity seems a bit stupid to me anyway. Still lots of people. Make it either no restrictions, or let say a few thousand in to have some sort of atmosphere.

Frustrating. Everybody's point of view as validity..
Personally I have changed my thoughts a few times..
At first I would have been happy to have contracted it & become part of a herd immunity..Who knows how long immunity would last for. Influenza is about 5 years after infection.
Happy to have the state quarantined now.
Doing so well it would nice to live with some sort of normality..
Markymark needs to give us back our freedom.
Like in North Korea 🇰🇵

If you hadn't noticed all restrictions apart from the border closures have been lifted.
If you're not living normally you need to get out more

Salim Malik have been called all sorts of names but rusted on liberal supporter is one of the biggest insults I have ever received if I was capable I would even be offended.
No just think we dont need the nanny state treatment viewing in mind this covid could go on for many years just need to adapt as it evolves.

Calling McGowan Maclownan doesn't exactly paint you as a labour supporter. ;)

We are only going to get airplanes landing every three days, and they go into hotel quarantine.

That's the story in Victoria, slack control in quarantine hotels, we had a case here were a fool broke out of quarantine to visit his girlfriend. It only takes one idiot, one undiagnosed case and we could be Melbourne.
Dumb people do dumb things.
I,'ve got my tickets to the game and I would love to be part of a full house but I can see why McGowan is wary.

That's the story in Victoria, slack control in quarantine hotels, we had a case here were a fool broke out of quarantine to visit his girlfriend. It only takes one idiot, one undiagnosed case and we could be Melbourne.
Dumb people do dumb things.
I,'ve got my tickets to the game and I would love to be part of a full house but I can see why McGowan is wary.
After that guy broke out the ADF were put in charge of security, I haven't heard of anyone since.

We are fine here as long as we keep everyone out and anyone that does arrive is kept in hotels away from the community.

The only threat is the people given waivers to isolate at home for compassionate reasons. They could be an avenue for entry.

After that guy broke out the ADF were put in charge of security, I haven't heard of anyone since.

We are fine here as long as we keep everyone out and anyone that does arrive is kept in hotels away from the community.

The only threat is the people given waivers to isolate at home for compassionate reasons. They could be an avenue for entry.

I see you're wearing a mask, a nice fashionable pink one I might add.
Will you wear it to the Derby? :p

May not be a full house for the derby, govt are reconsidering stage 5
Good. Mark can put Sandi’s boots on and put it up Andrews backside- metaphorically speaking. with a smug smirk on his face.. he won’t say it but he should “oh you wanted me to open our borders did you?”.
Then he ll have complete dominance over Wa. Huge popularity. All due to his persistence to keep the border shut. A second wave was going to be inevitable, NSW and Victoria opened too soon. Experts could’ve predicted that.

I don't need to; Western Australians are clear of COVID-19.

Bar a few asymptomatic cases. Then boom it kicks off again. Fact is we don't know if WA is clear until a confirmed break out occurs like it had a number of times in Victoria.

It would be funny watching 60000 people cram into a venue all wearing masks while not washing there hands with soap properly for 30 seconds and touching surfaces.

West Aussies shouldn't become complacent but don't need to be paranoid at the same time.

Mate he is a Freo member, seen him and his kids at the games a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back