News Impact of COVID-19 on season 2020 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Bar a few asymptomatic cases. Then boom it kicks off again. Fact is we don't know if WA is clear until a confirmed break out occurs like it had a number of times in Victoria.

It would be funny watching 60000 people cram into a venue all wearing masks while not washing there hands with soap properly for 30 seconds and touching surfaces.

West Aussies shouldn't become complacent but don't need to be paranoid at the same time.
It's been nearly 6 cycles of 14 day incubation periods. If we had non symptomatic cases they would have been detected by now through their transferring to new people

It's been nearly 6 cycles of 14 day incubation periods. If we had non symptomatic cases they would have been detected by now through their transferring to new people

I was referring to arrivals. Not all test positive. It may only be a handful of people or none at all. We don't really know.

They all get put in quarantine for 14 days and they will soon also have to pay for it.

Locking down the population would be admitting that those measures aren't enough, those measures they are taking massive credit for protecting us over.

We are safe.

Victoria have admitted that there quarantine measures weren't enough by returning to lockdown for the next month. This is not over until the planet is clear.
Any way I,'ll continue the hand washing etc until the planet is clear of this one and we all go into blissful day dreaming until the next ugly virus pops up.

Will any body who has been in Victoria in the last 14 days banned from entering WA incl Vic footy players?
If so will the WA sides stay in their hub?
Don’t understand. Freo and WCE flew direct flight from Perth to Gold Coast and haven’t left Gold Coast. Freo are about to play a Victorian side is the point being made??

Both WA clubs have to quarantine for 14-days. They are allowed to do so from their homes because they are coming from QLD but are only allowed to leave their homes to train at Cockburn.

Collingwood and Geelong have to quarantine and train at their hotel and adjacent oval for 14 days and are only able to play each other in that 14-day timeframe.

In saying this I’m a little uncomfortable with 60,000 cramming into Optus. A half filled stadium the event managers can better manage social distancing measures. The fact that ticket sales were suspended and measures are being discussed regarding refunds etc. I expect phase 5 to be held back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stage 5 delayed, common sense really
I haven't applied for my derby tickets yet
does anyone know the protocols from here on?

thanks

stage 5 delayed, common sense really
I haven't applied for my derby tickets yet
does anyone know the protocols from here on?

thanks
I wasnt going to the derby but why is it common sense.

There is no evidence the virus exists in WA outside returning travellers, 30k vs 60k in a stadium is realistically not going to be any different.

We have to get back to normal life eventually, it seems like the opposite to common sense to me

There is no evidence the virus exists in WA outside returning travellers, 30k vs 60k in a stadium is realistically not going to be any different.

We have to get back to normal life eventually, it seems like the opposite to common sense to me

from this and the other tweets, seems like they’re s**t scared of any leakage from Victoria before they refused to take anyone from there and any hotel quarantine mismanagement

from this and the other tweets, seems like they’re sh*t scared of any leakage from Victoria before they refused to take anyone from there and any hotel quarantine mismanagement

My understanding is that federal police are now in charge of returning traveller quarantine - far cry from the cheap arse team Vic hired and that anyone entering the state enters this mandatory hotel quarantine,

If they have reviewed and tightened further the controls and only pushed it back 2 weeks then I can understand I suppose - better safe than sorry

I didn’t ask for an opinion I asked for a fact

If you wanna get your soapbox out go get on Twitter and squawk on with the rest of the experts

Those in positions of responsibility who have jobs in which you have to make decisions which impact the lives and jobs of others require a thick skin and a level of maturity and intelligence which, judging by your response far surpasses yours
I’m backing Mark in at this stage ,

You can always go donate to Clive Palmers fighting fund if you wish, Scomo would be stoked

Now about those derby tickets, anyone?

I didn’t ask for an opinion I asked for a fact

If you wanna get your soapbox out go get on Twitter and squawk on with the rest of the experts

Those in positions of responsibility who have jobs in which you have to make decisions which impact the lives and jobs of others require a thick skin and a level of maturity and intelligence which, judging by your response far surpasses yours
I’m backing Mark in at this stage ,

You can always go donate to Clive Palmers fighting fund if you wish, Scomo would be stoked

Now about those derby tickets, anyone?
Mate that reaction is completely over the top, see Van Dyke's reply to my post where I then acknowledge I can understand and can see the merits of being safe.

Chill out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back