Impact of the Storm Incident on the Rebels

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they have to cut Waldron loose or else they be a laughing stock in this town (and most likely the rest of Australia) sporting wise. Danny C, can move into the CEO role and they can get a person with Rugby links for the Rugby Dept job.

We might gain a few extra supporters, but not a huge amount. There was always going to be a mix between the two, so I doubt today will have a huge impact.

Player wise, we weren't going for Storm players and I doubt we'll go for any now even if Waldron goes and some end up on the Open Market, because the ARU aren't that interest in League players and frankly I doubt many will want to switch codes, most will go to England if they leave the Storm.

Focus still has to getting a good team on the park and today doesn't change that fact.

Waldron is gone according the HUN. Money on Danny Corcoran to take over for now.

It'll all turn out alright we are lucky we still got about 10 months to fix it,
i have started a group Rebellion Rugby for all us Rebel Army wanna bees

Sponsors are already looking to jump on board with the Rebels.

Melbourne Rebels poised to steal Melbourne Storm sponsor
Iain Payten
April 24, 2010 12:00AM

THE Melbourne Rebels rugby side could emerge as the big winners out of the Storm's salary cap scandal, with at least one former sponsor of the NRL club already approaching the new Super 15 side to sign on for 2011.

The Daily Telegraph has been told one of the major sponsors who terminated their deals with the Melbourne Storm yesterday - ME Bank and super fund HostPlus - made contact with the Rebels yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ne-storm-sponsor/story-e6frfgbo-1225857622619

Still talk around about Slater $1000000 a season to join Rebels, also mention in Brisbane Courier Mail of izzy joining for same.
Izzy left the Storm to be closer to his family in Brisbane so go figure

Izzy was agood young talented player at the storm but he seems to have dropped of a bit over the last 2 years.

Imagine how much more the storm wouldv'e had to pay back if he was still there$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back