Media Impeach the Mother******

Did Ant Bear abuse his power by subverting the ALL-SFA process for personal gain?

• Yes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Impeach the Motherf**ker

On the eve of the much anticipated grand final between the Dragons FFC and Mount Buller Demons, scandal has engulfed Sweet FA Administrator, Ant Bear. Amidst a flurry of unwanted attention and calls for greater transparency and accountability, Ant Bear has been forced to face questions relating to his selection in season 28's ALL-SFA side.

As first revealed by Noobz0r, Ant Bear has been accused of selecting himself in the league's team-of-the-season.

I was shocked and disappointed when I first received information relating to his selection. I was leaked certain information and was subsequently able to verify it with a number of different committee members.

Noobz0r outlined a multitude of players more befitting of team representation. In fact, more than 10 posters were outlined as having a greater overall performance under the guidelines for ALL-SFA selection. Not even a majority of captains voted for Ant Bear to be included in the team. Noobz0r also eluded to the motives of Ant Bear in wanting yet another selection in the All-SFA team.

So what would motivate AB to slide himself in? As I mentioned earlier, last season saw him become tied as the person with the second most ALL-SFA jerseys. He said at the time he didn't know (which I find hard to believe), but he certainly would have known this season. This takes him clear second. More broadly, it's a continuation of the glory hunting and reputation building that he has made a career of.

But it was the reasoning that Ant Bear himself gave for his inclusion that is at the heart of the issue.

"Ant Bear - started the season at full-forward, before the love of the sim forced a move into the midfield. Although down on match thread posting numbers from previous seasons, the Committee recognised the effort in different area (sic) and the commitment to the league, for my 8th guernsey."

A major gripe circulating among Sweet FA constituents is the contention that league administrator contributions should contribute to ALL-SFA selection. It is widely accepted that this is not the case.

Ant Bear has been criticised on a number of issues in his maiden season as league master. While he was put in difficult positions by the actions of lazy captains, and subsequently made more difficult by the rather indifferent approach to Sweet FA law, Ant Bear has revealed himself to be a weak leader and one whose lack of transparency has been of major concern.

As stated by BRAB:
This is base corruption at worst, and the case of an inflated sense of self at best.

jonathanswanfingers.jpg
Ant Bear responding to calls for him to be impeached.

Just hours after the ALL-SFA side was publicly revealed, Elton Johns Wig got in on the act. He was similarly critical of Ant Bear and sought tighter restrictions on the ALL-SFA selection process. Although Elton Johns Wig was more diplomatic.

The other area which needs attention is the way in which the team is selected. I believe, now more than ever, that the admin should not be involved in the actual selection of the side. Rather, act as a chair. A moderator if you will.

A notion that the previous administrator, Kennedy Parker, alluded to.

Just an irrelevant footnote.

The only 3 seasons since S20 where the Admin has not named themselves in the team: S25, S26, S27.

Even former administrator, boncer34, got in on the action.

You'll never get consensus but your selection appears to be only championed by yourself.

It is noted that five captains voted for Ant Bear to be included in the side, but it is yet to be revealed what inducements, if any, Ant Bear offered these five captains. Or whether the captains were high or drunk.

League nobody, DemonJim, has has called for Ant Bear to be impeached.

I feel that AB has abused his powers of being an administrator of this great league.

I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's Ant Bear's leadership.

Under the Sweet FA constitution, an administrator may be removed if two-thirds of league captains lose faith in his or her ability to lead. Contrary to popular belief, Ant Bear's attempts to tighten his grip on the leadership by changing the number of captains needed from two-thirds to three-quarters has never been ratified; it is therefore redundant. But a hidden and little known fact: before a captains' vote, 50% + 1 players must vote to impeach the administrator, before a final vote can be held by the Committee Room.

impeachthemofo.jpg
DemonJim speaking to a bunch of fans last night.

One article of impeachment has been drawn up by Noobz0r and seconded by Elton John's Wig. It has been submitted to members of the committee and it is now incumbent on all Sweet FA players to vote as to whether Ant Bear has violated his oath of office. Many are disappointed that further articles have not been drawn up which would include the aforementioned attempts to tighten his grip on power, his lack of transparency throughout the season, and failure to apply penalties uniformly.

Players are advised to vote yes or no in the above poll, and if the vote satisfies the impeachment threshold, a formal vote to remove Ant Bear will take place in the Committee Room at a date before Christmas.

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT
1. Abuse of power: subverting the ALL-SFA process for personal gain.

It is an unprecedented time in the Sweet FA. When mateship and piss-taking tend to take precedence over equity and justice; we have reached a fork in the road. This is a period where statespersons are needed to uphold the the very notions that underpin this esteemed competition. What will your legacy be?

It is noted that five captains voted for @Ant Bear to be included in the side, but it is yet to be revealed what inducements, if any, @Ant Bear offered these five captains. Or whether the captains were high or drunk.

I was having a think about this earlier today and IIRC the team I posted was a running consensus at that stage of the teams before it with some positional changes to suit. Because there was a few options I did have an extended bench of the also rans, which included Ant Bear around 5th in line on the interchange. It is very possible that Ned counted that as one of the 5 teams he placed in.

beez .....you are in fact throwing dispersions upon the good character of the Committee .....who have the power to impeach, but risk losing their own All-SFA positions, if they protestith too hard

court monkeys.JPG

Last edited:
I was having a think about this earlier today and IIRC the team I posted was a running consensus at that stage of the teams before it with some positional changes to suit. Because there was a few options I did have an extended bench of the also rans, which included Ant Bear around 5th in line on the interchange. It is very possible that Ned counted that as one of the 5 teams he placed in.
Wow. So even a smaller number of committee members had AB in his team? This gets even worse for him.

Ned_Flanders please confirm.

Wow. So even a smaller number of committee members had AB in his team? This gets even worse for him.

I can’t say for sure without taking the time to read through again. I can only guess it’s the case though. Would he have had a rethink if it was only 4 teams? Who can say. We know two people had a collective one vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impeach the Motherf**ker

On the eve of the much anticipated grand final between the Dragons FFC and Mount Buller Demons, scandal has engulfed Sweet FA Administrator, Ant Bear. Amidst a flurry of unwanted attention and calls for greater transparency and accountability, Ant Bear has been forced to face questions relating to his selection in season 28's ALL-SFA side.

As first revealed by Noobz0r, Ant Bear has been accused of selecting himself in the league's team-of-the-season.

Noobz0r outlined a multitude of players more befitting of team representation. In fact, more than 10 posters were outlined as having a greater overall performance under the guidelines for ALL-SFA selection. Not even a majority of captains voted for Ant Bear to be included in the team. Noobz0r also eluded to the motives of Ant Bear in wanting yet another selection in the All-SFA team.

But it was the reasoning that Ant Bear himself gave for his inclusion that is at the heart of the issue.

"Ant Bear - started the season at full-forward, before the love of the sim forced a move into the midfield. Although down on match thread posting numbers from previous seasons, the Committee recognised the effort in different area (sic) and the commitment to the league, for my 8th guernsey."

A major gripe circulating among Sweet FA constituents is the contention that league administrator contributions should contribute to ALL-SFA selection. It is widely accepted that this is not the case.

Ant Bear has been criticised on a number of issues in his maiden season as league master. While he was put in difficult positions by the actions of lazy captains, and subsequently made more difficult by the rather indifferent approach to Sweet FA law, Ant Bear has revealed himself to be a weak leader and one whose lack of transparency has been of major concern.

As stated by BRAB:

View attachment 791676

Just hours after the ALL-SFA side was publicly revealed, Elton Johns Wig got in on the act. He was similarly critical of Ant Bear and sought tighter restrictions on the ALL-SFA selection process. Although Elton Johns Wig was more diplomatic.

It is noted that five captains voted for Ant Bear to be included in the side, but it is yet to be revealed what inducements, if any, Ant Bear offered these five captains. Or whether the captains were high or drunk.

Under the Sweet FA constitution, an administrator may be removed if two-thirds of league captains lose faith in his or her ability to lead. Contrary to popular belief, Ant Bear's attempts to tighten his grip on the leadership by changing the number of captains needed from two-thirds to three-quarters has never been ratified; it is therefore redundant. But a hidden and little known fact: before a captains' vote, 50% + 1 players must vote to impeach the administrator, before a final vote can be held by the Committee Room.

View attachment 791675

One article of impeachment has been drawn up by Noobz0r and seconded by Elton John's Wig. It has been submitted to members of the committee and it is now incumbent on all Sweet FA players to vote as to whether Ant Bear has violated his oath of office. Many are disappointed that further articles have not been drawn up which would include the aforementioned attempts to tighten his grip on power, his lack of transparency throughout the season, and failure to apply penalties uniformly.

Players are advised to vote yes or no in the above poll, and if the vote satisfies the impeachment threshold, a formal vote to remove Ant Bear will take place in the Committee Room at a date before Christmas.

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT

It is an unprecedented time in the Sweet FA. When mateship and piss-taking tend to take precedence over equity and justice; we have reached a fork in the road. This is a period where statespersons are needed to uphold the the very notions that underpin this esteemed competition. What will your legacy be?
You just think that you don’t have a candidate that can beat him.

I can’t say for sure without taking the time to read through again. I can only guess it’s the case though. Would he have had a rethink if it was only 4 teams? Who can say. We know two people had a collective one vote.
After AB posted the ‘starter team’ with him in it, I’d also suggest a couple of follow up teams from committee members included him as a legacy (before more stats were posted).

After AB posted the ‘starter team’ with him in it, I’d also suggest a couple of follow up teams from committee members included him as a legacy (before more stats were posted).
I could probably guess the captains.

Impeach the Motherf**ker

As stated by BRAB:

View attachment 791676

View attachment 791675

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT

Great write up beez and I could not agree more. Absolutely baffling how Tony Lynn 15 did not make the team.

Back