Society/Culture Imported White Trash

Remove this Banner Ad

GeorgeGrljusich

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2009
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you take a trip around the far northern suburbs of Perth, as an example, you are likely to hear a multitude of accents. Not many of them carrying that good old aussie twang.
You will hear Scousers, (Liverpool), Mancs, (Manchester), Geordies, (Newcastle) and very broad Scottish brogues.
All good mother country types selling up their 3 up, 2 down and enjoying the sunshine of the lucky country.
Funnily enough this area SEEMS to have a disproportionate amount of youths roaming the streets terrorising, bashing, tagging and generally behaving in a disgraceful manner. Alcohol and drug abuse is rampant and you take your life into your own hands if you want a moonlit stroll on one of the local beaches.
Yet we hear no morally outraged and indignant tirades from our media services. Not a peep.
But if an African, Indian, Sri Lankan, Aboriginal etc breaks the law we are inundated with headlines about "refugees/immigrants/drunken abo's" ruining our society and way of life.
Send them back home..bloody illegals ad nauseum.
This board reflects that perfectly.
So why don't we generalise some of the pommy/scot scum who have invaded our fair shores?

If you take a trip around the far northern suburbs of Perth, as an example, you are likely to hear a multitude of accents. Not many of them carrying that good old aussie twang.
You will hear Scousers, (Liverpool), Mancs, (Manchester), Geordies, (Newcastle) and very broad Scottish brogues.
All good mother country types selling up their 3 up, 2 down and enjoying the sunshine of the lucky country.
Funnily enough this area SEEMS to have a disproportionate amount of youths roaming the streets terrorising, bashing, tagging and generally behaving in a disgraceful manner. Alcohol and drug abuse is rampant and you take your life into your own hands if you want a moonlit stroll on one of the local beaches.
Yet we hear no morally outraged and indignant tirades from our media services. Not a peep.
But if an African, Indian, Sri Lankan, Aboriginal etc breaks the law we are inundated with headlines about "refugees/immigrants/drunken abo's" ruining our society and way of life.
So why don't we generalise some of the pommy/scot scum who have invaded our fair shores?

Is this just your opinion or do you have some evidence to back these claims up????

I live in the Northern Suburbs and my partner is a primary school teacher in one of these heavily English populated areas and neither of us have experienced any of this antisocial behaviour that you are highlighting.

Maybe we have just been lucky to date and have avoided this danger to society, does anyone else have any experiences that they can discuss.

• Banned
The vicious assault on a copper at The Old bailey in Joondalup and
the recent rock attacks on two men at Mindarie Marina. A copper I know said that they were a Scouse crew of youths. Just to name two.
My point is that just because they have surnames like Smith, Brown and Jones instead of Singh, Mboko, Jayawardne or Ugle lets them slip through the net, so to speak.
Or is it because we are insular and inherently racist?

the recent rock attacks on two men at Mindarie Marina. A copper I know said that they were a Scouse crew of youths. Just to name two.
My point is that just because they have surnames like Smith, Brown and Jones instead of Singh, Mboko, Jayawardne or Ugle lets them slip through the net, so to speak.

I don't quite understand what the assualt at the Old Bailey has got to do with your point at all, is it just because they may have Scottish heritage means they were able to get off, and if they were of a darker persuasion they would have had the full force of law thrown at them???????

I also could not find anything about any rock attacks at Mindarie Marina, maybe you could provide a link???

Are there only 2 incidents?

• Banned
I don't quite understand what the assualt at the Old Bailey has got to do with your point at all, is it just because they may have Scottish heritage means they were able to get off, and if they were of a darker persuasion they would have had the full force of law thrown at them???????

There is that aspect of it yes.
My point is if they were of different colour and nationality, then not only would the outrage be delivered towards what was an extremely cowardly attack, but there would have been instant generalisations of this nationality and the problems they cause society.
Examples from the past would have beeen drawn out and the general "send them home" bandwagon would have hit top gear.
But it didn't.
I also could not find anything about any rock attacks at Mindarie Marina, maybe you could provide a link???

My apologies, it was a Mindarie beach and not the Marina.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...ends-in-hospital/story-e6frg143-1225791389031

My point is if they were of different colour and nationality, then not only would the outrage be delivered towards what was an extremely cowardly attack, but there would have been instant generalisations of this nationality and the problems they cause society.
Examples from the past would have beeen drawn out and the general "send them home" bandwagon would have hit top gear.
But it didn't.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...ends-in-hospital/story-e6frg143-1225791389031

I think you are drawing a very long bow with both of those examples, and is not really doing anything to back up your claims.

I am not saying that there are not bad elements from every part of society and agree that everyone should be treated the same regardless of their skin colour when they break the law. Maybe some people are too quick to judge in some cases as you have with the two examples you have provided.

So why don't we generalise some of the pommy/scot scum who have invaded our fair shores?[/quote]

Someone might comment if we'd heard about it over this side of the country.
All we usually get over here about the Wild West is gatecrashing and rioting at 16th birthday parties, people getting eaten by sharks and of course football.

I think you are drawing a very long bow with both of those examples, and is not really doing anything to back up your claims.

I am not saying that there are not bad elements from every part of society and agree that everyone should be treated the same regardless of their skin colour when they break the law. Maybe some people are too quick to judge in some cases as you have with the two examples you have provided.

I believe that you are missing the point.
I am merely trying to highlight the obvious discrepancy in the general lack of media/society outrage when someone, who is "obviously" from a different ethnic background, (or of course aboriginal), as opposed to someone who assimilates more comfortably in the eyes of average white australians eyes.
We seem extremely precious as a society when the accusation of racism is levelled against us, as per the KFC adverts, yet get readily get up in arms about immigrant/aboriginal crime.
But when it is a white immigrant/s from the UK we seem to not care less.
Double standards?
Or worse?

I believe that you are missing the point.
I am merely trying to highlight the obvious discrepancy in the general lack of media/society outrage when someone, who is "obviously" from a different ethnic background, (or of course aboriginal), as opposed to someone who assimilates more comfortably in the eyes of average white australians eyes.

Presumably this is a poor trolling attempt.

Look at crimes and unemployment stats per immigrant group.

There is no reason to import white trash, however, I think you will find it is reasonably difficult for Poms to emigrate to Australia.

Flying to Indo and then paying someone to ferry them to Oz wont work and family reunion isnt much of an option either.

If you reckon that area is bad in relation to the refugees from poverty rock, have a look around the Southern suburbs of Perth eg., Rockingham,Orelia, etc., and you'll find some real s**t. The crap that you mentioned is insignificant compared to what goes on down that way, run the subject past the coppers and they'll put you in the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presumably this is a poor trolling attempt.

Look at crimes and unemployment stats per immigrant group.

There is no reason to import white trash, however, I think you will find it is reasonably difficult for Poms to emigrate to Australia.

Flying to Indo and then paying someone to ferry them to Oz wont work and family reunion isnt much of an option either.

Piece of piss if you want to join most of the State Police services and they get permanent residency straight up.

Piece of piss if you want to join most of the State Police services and they get permanent residency straight up.

It is a bit odd which Poms they let in. A few years a go a mate of mine who is now quite high up in a bank wanted to move to Oz but couldnt get enough points. Yet if he were a nurse, hairdress or baker (and thus earning a fraction of the cash) he would have passed the points test.

The skilled in skilled migration has long been questionable.

But it didn't.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/mindarie-rock-attack-battered-friends-in-hospital/story-e6frg143-1225791389031

Where in the article does it say the culprits were scousers, mancs or anything else for that matter.

If your going to make an arguement at least have a source.

I guess that means that since India can assume Australia is white therefore racist, that I can suggest using the same reasoning that since that Indian was stabbed in Footscray it wasnt a white assailant?

I'd stop swallowing everything the media throws at you George.

Is there statistics on this?
If so, then present them.
I am also very sure that my point is lost on most of the respondents so far.

Your lack of a real point has been observed by most respondents so far. Pointing to a couple of incidents is not really a crime wave that the community should be up in arms about. And maybe that is why there is no hysterical reporting in the media. I am sure if it becomes a real issue, the media will make a big song and dance about it, then you will be happy.

Your lack of a real point has been observed by most respondents so far. Pointing to a couple of incidents is not really a crime wave that the community should be up in arms about. And maybe that is why there is no hysterical reporting in the media. I am sure if it becomes a real issue, the media will make a big song and dance about it, then you will be happy.

My point is here..

Where in the article does it say the culprits were scousers, mancs or anything else for that matter.

If your going to make an arguement at least have a source.

I have already stated that a copper friend of mine has alleged that they were a group of scouser thugs. He has no reason to lie.

Now if they were of Aboriginal descent, Sudanese or Muslim the media would have run with the headline of ,(XXXX gang runs amok), and most of you on this board, would have been baying for blood and justifying your calls for the halting of immigration and/or something to be done with the blacks.

Just to reiterate my point again. The names Smith and Brown et al just don't seem to have the same impact with the common punter as Singh, Yarran or Mbeke.

I live in the Northern suburbs of Perth and yes their are problems with gangs of English kids up this way, but their are also plenty of good english immigrants.

Most English people are just as concerned as Australians about crime and violence within the broader community.

But you are correct, their is some real low lifes here that somehow got through immigration and i am sure we would send them back if we could.

Manchester seems to be the place where a lot of the new poms and troublemakers come from.

Originally in the 1800s London was the place where most poms came from, our accent (aussie) is very much London/cockney like.

As far as incidents go, there was a huge fight on Australia day (last year ?? ) at Mullaloo beach between hundreds of Aussies and poms, sice then alcohol has been banned which is pathetic as there is nothing better than a BBQ, game of cricket and a few beers at Mullaloo park

It is a bit odd which Poms they let in. A few years a go a mate of mine who is now quite high up in a bank wanted to move to Oz but couldnt get enough points. Yet if he were a nurse, hairdress or baker (and thus earning a fraction of the cash) he would have passed the points test.

The skilled in skilled migration has long been questionable.
Some skills you have to actually get your hands dirty or God forbid even lift something.
How's a banker going to go shovelling out a septic tank?
We are short of people who are willing to do the jobs most of us would not dream of doing.
We certainly don't need a single banker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back