Society/Culture Imported White Trash

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking of white trash, probably not imported but anyway, look at the pissweak sentence she got. :thumbsdown:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/993031/image-shows-woman-robbing-injured-gran

And that's the point.
If she is english/kiwi/south african/ etc the story would not contain..

CCTV footage shows Tamey Murray, 22,(an immigrant from New Zealand, for example) appearing to rush to Ms Armstrong's aid, who had slammed her head into the pavement.

But if she was from Sudan you can bet your bottom dollar that her immigrant status and ethnicity would have been mentioned.

Two jobs which seem to be ignored in this thread: doctors and mineworkers.

WA is crying out for people to work in the mines, can't get enough. Doctors, well Australian doctors often go overseas, that's two jobs which display skill (not to mention servicing of market need see China). Engineers are always handy especially with so much projects going on with mine exports, so I agree with that.

Re bankers, I'm not sure if one can look purely at earnings. Robbie Fowler probably gets paid more than say a doctor, but would we say we need more aging footballers than say a doctor who can help clear the queues? Not sold, sorry med. Anyway, markets for jobs change, the market for medicine is very different from the market for finance, still doesn't mean Victor Chang isn't as helpful as say a city boy.

Re the op, I have friends who are brummies and they say the crime is often white street kids. Being a brummie comes with certain "benefits" no doubt, but one can't deny that in the home at least of the pom (can't speak about WA) white kids seem to cause their fair share of problems. That said, I have seen tabloid rags doing their "teenage hoons are a blight on society" in which white kids are included, you don't have Nick "stuffed owl" Griffin calling for their deportation though.

Re the op, I have friends who are brummies and they say the crime is often white street kids. Being a brummie comes with certain "benefits" no doubt, but one can't deny that in the home at least of the pom (can't speak about WA) white kids seem to cause their fair share of problems. That said, I have seen tabloid rags doing their "teenage hoons are a blight on society" in which white kids are included, you don't have Nick "stuffed owl" Griffin calling for their deportation though.

Exactly.

Really? I know hundreds of people who could solve their ridiculously simple differential equations but don't because it is a soulless life of utter uselessness that no amount of money could satisfy. Sure, the lonely vampire nerds who count their dollars are attracted to it, but for every one of them there are two geophysicists who use their amazing mathematical skills to find new energy deposits that go towards the long term good of mankind while getting paid a quarter the price of some bloke who bets on the Mexican peso.

Indeed.

A large chunk of an investment banker's wage is attributable not to the skills involved, but rather to the intellectual (and personal) sacrifice they undertake.

You just don't get it, do you.

There is nothing to get. Post a link to the articles relating to the crimes not being attibuted to the Poms. Otherwise stop making stuff up.

I am assuming that you have visited/lived in Perths northern suburbs or the Rockingham/Mandurah area to be so confident in your assumption.

No i've never lived in Perth. However I did live in Leeds for two years and believe me, when the pommy chav scum from Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds get here you will know about it.

Indeed.

A large chunk of an investment banker's wage is attributable not to the skills involved, but rather to the intellectual (and personal) sacrifice they undertake.

Or even the market value, med says wages are market driven yet they are one of many factors. Regardless, is it right that city boys get paid more than doctors? I can't say but I don't think Australia has to have their hands tied by salary numbers.

Re bankers, I'm not sure if one can look purely at earnings. Robbie Fowler probably gets paid more than say a doctor, but would we say we need more aging footballers than say a doctor who can help clear the queues? Not sold, sorry med. Anyway, markets for jobs change, the market for medicine is very different from the market for finance, still doesn't mean Victor Chang isn't as helpful as say a city boy.

Robbie Fowler wouldnt be granted permanent residency. Further not all skilled migrants are doctors.

Who decides what is and isnt "socially useful"?

The obvious point is the tax take from the banker will be vast. You could employ one or two nurses or teachers out of it.

And as before why even the need to give permanent residency?

There is nothing to get. Post a link to the articles relating to the crimes not being attibuted to the Poms. Otherwise stop making stuff up.

No, you still don't get it.
How in gods green garden am I supposed to post a link relating to crimes NOT being attributed to UK folk?:confused:
The point is if a black African, Pakistani, Sri Lankan etc is involved in a kerfuffle the press are all over it and willingly state that Mr. xxxx is an immigrant from xyz country who assaulted....and nufties on this board, and others, use it to justify their anti-immigration, burn the boats ..etc arguments.

Ever see that sort of coverage if the culprit is a pom/kiwi/white south african immigrant??

And just to clarify it further. the reason that it is difficult to come up with a page full of examples of UK youth related violence in this area, and others, is because the press DO NOT make the ethnic distinction when reporting on white surburban youth who are terrorising our streets.
Starting to see the light yet?
Your belief in my OP means little until you can come up with conclusive proof that it ISN'T happening.
A few people in this thread, who live in the same area have already confirmed it. Take our word or leave it.

No i've never lived in Perth. However I did live in Leeds for two years and believe me, when the pommy chav scum get here you will know about it.

So basically you are talking crap. You have no idea at all about this issue.

The obvious point is the tax take from the banker will be vast.

That's not obvious at all. What you need to look at is the net tax take.

An imported banker would fill an already existing position, in most cases. A position that would otherwise be filled by a local (whether or not he is as competent is besides the point here). So the net tax take realised would be roughly half the wage disparity between the import and the local.

Compare that to a baker or a hairdresser who often will (down the road) set up their own businesses, creating an entirely new position not only for themselves, but others too.

So basically you are talking crap. You have no idea at all about this issue.

Have you ever lived in the UK? Have you ever walked or driven through a northern English industrial city council estate and seen what goes on?

I've seen the real thing. When it arrives, you will know about it and it will be reported.

Until then, keep enjoying the Oxbridge or Eton boys bigging themselves up in northern Perth.

An imported banker would fill an already existing position, in most cases.

Not at the level I am talking of (the chap is a director). The same applies to an even greater extent in HK and Singapore, the expats are not taking the jobs of locals.

Compare that to a baker or a hairdresser who often will (down the road) set up their own businesses, creating an entirely new position not only for themselves, but others too.

The small business failure rate is extremely high.

Is this not a separate category in any event? Is there not a business migration scheme which is different to the highly skilled migrant scheme or has it changed now?

Not at the level I am talking of (the chap is a director). The same applies to an even greater extent in HK and Singapore, the expats are not taking the jobs of locals.

Whether they are replacing locals or expats is not really relevant...the position already exists in most cases, be it a teller or a CEO. Even if in the specific case you cited that certain bank really did say "Oh, he seems bloody talented, let's create an altogether new position for him", that would be the exception, not the rule.

The small business failure rate is extremely high.

Even at a 10% rate of success, they're still contributing more new tax dollars than the marginal wage increase an imported banker does.

But really, even that shouldn't be the criteria. If there's a shortage of bankers, let's import the bastards. Everything I hear from my friends who are working in the industry (specifically IB and insurance) indicates that is not the case.

Until then, keep enjoying the Oxbridge or Eton boys bigging themselves up in northern Perth.

Nope, sorry mate, these boys are pretty much the real thing, they are people from council estates in Manchester and Liverpool.

Do you live in Perth ?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever lived in the UK? Have you ever walked or driven through a northern English industrial city council estate and seen what goes on?

I've seen the real thing. When it arrives, you will know about it and it will be reported.

Yes I have for nearly 3 years, and I wasn't coddled up in some flash London pad either.
And it is for that very reason that I can understand and recognise the accents, see the behaviour as replicating itself from my time there and, consequently, worry about the future of the area.
How in the hell would you know where the UK immigrants in Perth are from when you haven't even been here?
Stop trolling.

Nope, sorry mate, these boys are pretty much the real thing, they are people from council estates in Manchester and Liverpool.

Do you live in Perth ?.
No he doesn't.

Robbie Fowler wouldnt be granted permanent residency. Further not all skilled migrants are doctors.

Who decides what is and isnt "socially useful"?

The obvious point is the tax take from the banker will be vast. You could employ one or two nurses or teachers out of it.

And as before why even the need to give permanent residency?

Good question, the government I'm guessing, but there has to be and is some marker of what is socially useful, as you have pointed out with unskilled and skilled migrants. The other option is to open the gates, but you wouldn't want that. So a targeted immigration policy is needed.

Reality is, there's more to a job's usefulness than how much tax that person pays. Lets say for instance Australia is short of doctors (which it is), should Australia not import people to provide health services, for more higher paid people, whatever their jobs are? Lets say this man works for an international bank, you don't even know if his efforts are going to help the country. That's not to say I'm nationalistic, but you're basing this on tax earnings and benefit, I doubt a banker working for a multinational corporation is going to benefit Australia that immensely. And if people aren't permanent residents, it's doubtful they are really putting money into our economy, it sounds like what they would do is live here and work for a foreign bank, and spend money in foreign markets, not much is flowing into Australia. The only thing left is the more tax earnings, but I'd suggest a well serviced health sector would bridge that gap. And like gravy and slf, I'm not convinced Australia is short of bankers.

Whether they are replacing locals or expats is not really relevant...the position already exists in most cases, be it a teller or a CEO. Even if in the specific case you cited that certain bank really did say "Oh, he seems bloody talented, let's create an altogether new position for him", that would be the exception, not the rule.

If the Australian finance industry is to grow ie IB then quite a few roles will be taken by expats. They will not be jobs locals had or could fill. This is the same in Singapore and HK and applies to London as well which has a far bigger population and has had a backround in the industry for a very long time.

A major reason for that is the use of a city as a hub for a time zone.

Sydney could be the dominant player in the Asia time zone for investment banking.

How did they manage to get in?

We are talking about youth here, with newly cashed up parents.
Not sure how juvenile criminal records impact on the parents application to come over.
But they are here and their numbers are growing rapidly..

So a targeted immigration policy is needed.

I agree. The issue is how do you determine the basis to be used.

I dont trust any govt to do the right thing.

What does the average GP get these days? Would they not get in under a salary based system ie a multiple of the median wage (which is being mooted in the UK)?

We are talking about youth here, with newly cashed up parents.
Not sure how juvenile criminal records impact on the parents application to come over.
But they are here and their numbers are growing rapidly..

How do parents from council estates in Liverpool get cashed up and qualify for entry in to Australia?

How do parents from council estates in Liverpool get cashed up and qualify for entry in to Australia?
I am not saying that ALL of these kids are from council estates at all, some of them are quite well off I imagine, and others parents have bought into the cheaper house and land packages. And some, no doubt, would be renting.
You have to understand that past these Perth suburbs is nothing but scrub. This is the northern frontier of Perth that we are talking about.
But it makes sense that kids from a common background area will flock together when placed in new surroundings.

I am surprised that there is such disbelief in regards to this issue.
Actually, on reflection, no I'm not.

Yes I have for nearly 3 years, and I wasn't coddled up in some flash London pad either.
And it is for that very reason that I can understand and recognise the accents, see the behaviour as replicating itself from my time there and, consequently, worry about the future of the area.
How in the hell would you know where the UK immigrants in Perth are from when you haven't even been here?
Stop trolling.

No he doesn't.

I never said i've never been to Perth. I said i've never lived there.

And until you can post some link to crimes that are being committed by Poms, but not reported as such, you are talking crap.

I never said i've never been to Perth. I said i've never lived there.

And until you can post some link to crimes that are being committed by Poms, but not reported as such, you are talking crap.
Oh good lord.
There have been two posted I think and some anecdotal evidence.
Is there some sort of internet rule in your world that demands media links to prove a point?
And isn't that the point of this half of the thread??:rolleyes:
Did you enjoy Kings Park?

I am not saying that ALL of these kids are from council estates at all, some of them are quite well off I imagine, and others parents have bought into the cheaper house and land packages. And some, no doubt, would be renting.
You have to understand that past these Perth suburbs is nothing but scrub. This is the northern frontier of Perth that we are talking about.
But it makes sense that kids from a common background area will flock together when placed in new surroundings.

I am surprised that there is such disbelief in regards to this issue.
Actually, on reflection, no I'm not.

My disbelief is that the media are ignoring it because they are poms/white.

You expect us to believe all the TV stations and newspapers turning up to a brawl in northern Perth, only to find out that the culprits are poms, and put the camera's away because they are white and not lebanese or islanders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back