Rumour Impostor members

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
It's been drawn to my attention that some Swans members are buying our 3 game membership product to make sure they get a seat for Round 1 at Giants Stadium.

While it's nice they're that desperate to give us some money, the last thing we want to see is red-and-white where it should be a sea of orange.

Those 3 game memberships let you sit in the general admission area, which are shaded light blue on the map. Is there some way we can counter these red-and-white impostors by having the area saturated in our colours?

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/staticf...ps/Skoda-seating-map-Membership_2013 copy.pdf

But that's the annoying thing about having people who follow the Giants and another team. They're legit members; but sit in the members reserve in the opposition team colours one match a year.

Money's going to the Giants at the end of the day.

Just says to me they are worried about a sell out.

Will they even go to three games?

Part of me says it depends on where they live. If you live west, including the Hills, you might. Also depends how competitive we are. I've seen people at Giants games wearing Swans members' caps. Some just like going to the footy every week.

It's been drawn to my attention that some Swans members are buying our 3 game membership product to make sure they get a seat for Round 1 at Giants Stadium.

While it's nice they're that desperate to give us some money, the last thing we want to see is red-and-white where it should be a sea of orange.

Those 3 game memberships let you sit in the general admission area, which are shaded light blue on the map. Is there some way we can counter these red-and-white impostors by having the area saturated in our colours?

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/GWSGiants/Images/Seating Maps/Skoda-seating-map-Membership_2013 copy.pdf

It's something that happens every year with ANZAC day.

Don't stress, it's never noticeable.

But that's the annoying thing about having people who follow the Giants and another team. They're legit members; but sit in the members reserve in the opposition team colours one match a year.

It'd be nice if we'd ever play Brisbane down here, and then I'd have a chance to do so! :(

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/GWSGiants/Images/Seating Maps/Skoda-seating-map-Membership_2013 copy.pdf
Lets be serious. The club's development is nowhere near expecting games to be "a sea of orange" and we should be happy just seeing a full or near full home stadium at this stage, even if the majority will be in red and white.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

recruiting a local of Lebanese decent will improve crowd and membership figures immensely
also the next 3 years will be a big climbing exercise to the 8 and this will definately improve our gates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back