Strategy Improvements for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on most of that.
Not sure why people are so readily buying into Melbourne.
I thought they had a soft underbelly and beat up on a hapless Geelong and underwhelming hawthorn.
Eagles exposed them.
We beat them too.

I'd think on balance we were a worthy 3rd side.
Because of our brutal team ethic we gained a GF spot then held on for grim life almost..... but not quite.

I think the group coming through, now playing the needed 50 + games is the future.
That group, the emergence of Sier, Stephenson, we certainly have something.

As always we do need some extra A grade talent.
Hopefully the one I've earmarked, Murphy, shows us some real high level play.

This year Stephenson changed the whole dynamic. Those things a club turns towards the good.

Just need to build on our best talent: Grundy, Pendlebury, De Goey, Sidebottom, Treloar,
Then get fully fit Elliott and Moore.
Build with the rest of them....

We're certainly getting there.
We are well and truly in the conversation, I honestly believe we have the cattle on board now with a few minor tweaks we are in the mix and will be a very competent football side for the foreseeable future. We need most of this team to stay and build on.

We are well and truly in the conversation, I honestly believe we have the cattle on board now with a few minor tweaks we are in the mix and will be a very competent football side for the foreseeable future. We need most of this team to stay and build on.
Overall agree.
Our results this year should be a good foundation for a big assault now.

What will tip us over the line to premiership worthy will be the continuation of excellence from our A grade. A few less key injuries.
The ongoing development of Sier, Stephenson and Cox.
And vitally the emergence of players to take spots off our ageing warriors like Goldsack.

If we can add a little more A grade in, we will be set to make a real dash at the big prize.

He is still slight in build, suggesting he also will fill out naturally and may not have stopped developing physically.
I mentioned this a few months ago but seems like a good time to reiterate.
If you have a look at his build he actually has quite wide shoulders, similar to JT.
I reckon he definitely has a frame that can bulk up.
I doubt he will be one of those guys that have real difficulty putting on size.

I mentioned this a few months ago but seems like a good time to reiterate.
If you have a look at his build he actually has quite wide shoulders, similar to JT.
I reckon he definitely has a frame that can bulk up.
I doubt he will be one of those guys that have real difficulty putting on size.
Let's hope they get the build right and don't overstress his body. He will be a massive asset when his time comes.

Overall agree.
Our results this year should be a good foundation for a big assault now.

What will tip us over the line to premiership worthy will be the continuation of excellence from our A grade. A few less key injuries.
The ongoing development of Sier, Stephenson and Cox.
And vitally the emergence of players to take spots off our ageing warriors like Goldsack.

If we can add a little more A grade in, we will be set to make a real dash at the big prize.
Agree on the three mentioned totally but my view is that Moore will be elite and if we can keep him on the park will be one of the Competition's greats. Apart from the kids hamstrings, he's got it all.

That's if he stays and I honestly believe he will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back