List Mgmt. In defense of doing bugger all...

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find being content with doing nothing, strange. Defending that even stranger.

Aware me of North's 'elite talent'? Or its 'depth'.
I couldn't see it, your welcome to point it out to me. Brown, Ziebs, surely I'm missing someone?

Yeah I know Rocky is a poor example especially given the rumours of Rockys bullying. But apart from Zieball who else do you have?
I would Rather play with Zieball and Rocky than Zieball and ??? who? Trent F###ing Dumont?

You have salary cap to burn so that's a start.
Trade Goldy to another team. Cover his wage for them and you get a pick. Trade Goldy for a first, give them back a third and cover his wage.
Surely Kennedy was a realistic get, only cost Carlton a 2nd. Chuck more money at him.
Trading picks is a big one. Sitting back with one first rounder and one second rounder isn't much when you're trying to rebuild. WC got a heap from GC. Yes you have to take a risk but no moreso than trying to rebuild with only 2 picks in the first round and hoping they both fire.
Throw more money at undervalued players. That's how Brisbane got Charlie Cameron, offered him double what he is already on, didn't matter he was contracted.

I'm sure you will be quick to point out the deficiencies of the ideas, but just try SOMETHING, I don't believe you didn't have ANY options.

Brisbane - Hipwood, Witherden, Mcluggage, Keays, Berry etc
Carlton - have Cripps, Wietering, Marchbank, Curnow and Doch only just turned 24.

Aware me on who is your 'light'?
You ignorant tool. Indeed, you're so ignorant that you played the "calling it as I see it" card in complete ignorance of the fact that the way you see it is based on ignorance.

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are a sensitive bunch. I wasn't trolling, OP called it as he saw it and so did I.
We can't even have civilized discussions around here?

Don't worry I will show myself out.

Mate to quote Bette Midler from a distance you seem to struggle to hold your players. Haven't won a premiership since 1998! So as far as I can see you shouldn't throw stones you may break your glass house.

And while we are at it we smacked you campaigners by 70 points and finished third last....... something aint right in Adelaide and it aint just the water.

Mate to quote Bette Midler from a distance you seem to struggle to hold your players. Haven't won a premiership since 1998! So as far as I can see you shouldn't throw stones you may break your glass house.

And while we are at it we smacked you campaigners by 70 points and finished third last....... something aint right in Adelaide and it aint just the water.
Did you just quote Bette Midler?

You think we need small forwards and flankers?

Jesus.
So who are our small forwards that are better than Smith? Aside from Turner, I don't see any.
And with Mullet gone and Wright being out for two years, you don't we have room for Saad?

Problem is, we will now be paying 95% of the salary cap on a list worthy of maybe 80%. One of my 4,354 mates reckons he heard that Jed Anderson will receive over $1mil in the final year of his contract, not including incentives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

by the same logic neither would fill any gaping holes.
No, but it will add quality to the list. If we only want to recruit absolute champions from other clubs, I am afraid we won't get anywhere.
We should be looking at every avenue to improve our list, and fast track the rebuild. It doesn't mean clogging the list with plodders, but I would say Saad and Smith would have been quality additions. As we speak, we have 5 or 6 spots on the list (I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment), but we only have two quality picks in the draft, which means we will either have to pick up a couple of delisted free agents, which won't be of the quality of Saad or Smith anyway, or use picks 60+ in the draft, which again is unlikely to get us quality.

No, but it will add quality to the list. If we only want to recruit absolute champions from other clubs, I am afraid we won't get anywhere.
We should be looking at every avenue to improve our list, and fast track the rebuild. It doesn't mean clogging the list with plodders, but I would say Saad and Smith would have been quality additions. As we speak, we have 5 or 6 spots on the list (I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment), but we only have two quality picks in the draft, which means we will either have to pick up a couple of delisted free agents, which won't be of the quality of Saad or Smith anyway, or use picks 60+ in the draft, which again is unlikely to get us quality.

A sample of players taken 60+ 2013-2016.

Seems a reasonable chance of getting a best 22 player to me.

Tom Langdon
Sam Lloyd
Charlie Cameron
Kayne Turner
Mav Weller
Anthony Miles
Jake Kelly
Sam Gray
Harris Andrews
Braydon Preuss
Adam Saad
Jason Castagna
Kane Lambert
Declan Mountford
Sam Menegola
Nathan Broad
Wylie Buzza
Josh Wagner
Tom Papley
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Cameron Zurhaar

So who are our small forwards that are better than Smith? Aside from Turner, I don't see any.
And with Mullet gone and Wright being out for two years, you don't we have room for Saad?
I'll put it another way.

You only have so many recruitment chips to spend - draft picks, tradeable players, cap space for FAs.

Small forwards and flankers, even very good ones, are not once in a lifetime trade opportunities. They're there every year if you want one bad enough. Right now, downgrading from pick 4 or giving up 23 would be madness for that kind of player. Turner, Simpkin (for now), Hrovat, possibly Williams, and on the slightly bigger side Zurhaar & Garner are fine. Let 'em play.

We've got plenty of kids to pump games into off HB as well. Sure, Saad would fit in nicely if we had an immediate need but he cost * a 2nd and his 2017 stats weren't that different from (and arguably not as good as) a guy we paid pick 105 for: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=13&type=A&pid1=4119&pid2=3736&fid1=S&fid2=S

Mate you come over here slagging off our players, saying basically that we have no talent, no direction and no hope. We're s**t and you can't see that changing. You offer nothing but "you should do something." What sort of response did you expect? You obviously have no knowledge of our list since you can't even name our main inside mid. You're either trolling or an idiot - either way it's hard to see your post generating any useful discussion. And therefore, as this isn't the Adelaide board, if you have nothing useful to contribute kindly **** off.
Did anyone remind skittlebrew we're the side that slammed 10 goals against his side in the 1st qtr and kept them scoreless as well whilst doing it this year ??

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2017/7/nmfc-v-adel :- there you go d1ckhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back