In the Community

Not so sure about that. Still waiting to see your evidence of any other afl club providing this "support" you feel some senior clubs are entitled to receive from the Giants

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There are senior clubs in western Sydney who have barely heard from the Giants in 4 years.

The only reason you are "not so sure" is that you don't want to hear it.

I am simply saying that the Giants need to lift their game when it comes to interaction with the senior clubs in the GWS area.

I don't see why you (or anyone else here) would have an issue with that.

Other clubs didn't set themselves up as offering support for clubs in their area. Apples and oranges.

Man up, accept the feedback, and ask the Giants why they aren't doing better.

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
GWS Giants Team Board Tipping A Star Wars Fan
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
I think you are starting to troll now. the majority on this board will not agree with you. No other club would meet the citeria you are trying to judge the giants on. Please stop.

I think you are starting to troll now. the majority on this board will not agree with you. No other club would meet the citeria you are trying to judge the giants on. Please stop.
I am just trying to tell you a way that the Giants could improve. Ie, by interacting with senior football in its area in a positive and even handed fashion.

Apparently everyone here thinks the club is run perfectly and is beyond criticism. That is la-la land stuff, sorry.

There is no-one here mature enough to take on what I have said objectively. The response is all defensive, subjective and personal.

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
Objectively, I disagree with what you say and that is my personal view of your personal view. I have said that at a junior level is where the Giants support is most valuable not the seniors. I do not have a problem with the club in this respect. Sorry if that is not mature enough for you.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
There are senior clubs in western Sydney who have barely heard from the Giants in 4 years.

The only reason you are "not so sure" is that you don't want to hear it.

I am simply saying that the Giants need to lift their game when it comes to interaction with the senior clubs in the GWS area.

I don't see why you (or anyone else here) would have an issue with that.

Other clubs didn't set themselves up as offering support for clubs in their area. Apples and oranges.

Man up, accept the feedback, and ask the Giants why they aren't doing better.

You seem to have a very misplaced sense of entitlement.

You aren't very clear with what you expect the Giants to be doing apart from that you seem to hold the to a higher standard than every other club in the AFL.

"Man up"? What does that even mean? Patronising attempt to try and force your opinion others is how it appears. Taking cheap unsubstantiated shots would make it seem that you are the one that needs to "man up".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
I am just trying to tell you a way that the Giants could improve. Ie, by interacting with senior football in its area in a positive and even handed fashion.

Apparently everyone here thinks the club is run perfectly and is beyond criticism. That is la-la land stuff, sorry.

There is no-one here mature enough to take on what I have said objectively. The response is all defensive, subjective and personal.
Your posts are the quite immatue actually. Full of gross generalisations, over the top claims and full of hypocracy. If someone disagrees, then you attempt to shout them down. Take a read of your posts in this thead and try to see that you are a long way from rational discourse.

With regard to the Giants support to senior clubs, yes more could be done to provide public acknowledgement and support to our senior players in the region. I am sure the Giants would love to do more. This is a big ask though of a club that is still finding its own feet and building a staff etc. The Giants have to prioritise their efforts, and supporting Junior footy is where the effort is right now.

Let's not forget the monumental challenge facing the club and AFL in its attempt to feild a competitive team. As a fellow Foundation Member, I am proud of what this club has schieved thus far.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Your posts are the quite immatue actually. Full of gross generalisations, over the top claims and full of hypocracy. If someone disagrees, then you attempt to shout them down. Take a read of your posts in this thead and try to see that you are a long way from rational discourse.

With regard to the Giants support to senior clubs, yes more could be done to provide public acknowledgement and support to our senior players in the region. I am sure the Giants would love to do more. This is a big ask though of a club that is still finding its own feet and building a staff etc. The Giants have to prioritise their efforts, and supporting Junior footy is where the effort is right now.

Let's not forget the monumental challenge facing the club and AFL in its attempt to feild a competitive team. As a fellow Foundation Member, I am proud of what this club has schieved thus far.
Thought I'd bring in my two cents after having a day long chuckle at the arguments placed here.

There's only so many Giants players and representatives. Of all the players have a junior club assigned to them, it'd be hard to visit every senior club too. I'm sure the seniors don't mind *that* much if they can't be visited by someone younger/a similar age to them

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
The reason that the Giants exist is to open up our great game to the new market in Western Sydney.

In this year alone:
- Cal Ward, Lobb, Tommo & Ahern came to the first week of my son's school Auskick and he got to kick with Cal for 10 mins or so. He took the photos to school to show his other mates which resulted in three of them wanting to join, two of them came to the next Giants game with us with their dads and will be members next year. All three kids are going to do club Auskick with us next year.

- I took my boys to the Giants kids in the park day and had the boy across the road (a leagie) as a tag-along. The kids got all their gear signed by the players and plenty of photos. The Kid across the road is now kicking a sherrin instead of a steeden, and he and his dad will be getting at least a three game membership next year.

- jezza and Devon came out to our junior club to take part in the parents vs kids game. My wife had her two nephews there to watch. They met the players and loved it and are both keen to play junior footy and come to Giants games next year.

So just with with my exposure with the Giants community work this year, we'll have 6 new junior players next year and 8-10 new Giants members. That's just me - I'm sure there are plenty of similar stories out there. I think that's pretty good community engagement with tangible outcomes in line with the clubs goal of growing the game in western Sydney.

A serious question for you Sherb ... What would you like to see the Giants do for your senior club, and what outcome do you think it would achieve (in the way of growing the game in western Sydney)?

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
My boys still talk about having dinner with Tom Downie and Matt Buntine (My oldest fav player as a result) and that was 2013 when they came out here in the bye week, there have been clinics since then and both are keen to keep playing

Back