Game Day In the event of a draw...

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah mate would still love it (the replay over extra time) even if we lost like we did vs North in 77 by 27 points (not that I was alive but still as a club we have been on both ends).

There was a massive build up to 2nd GF in 2010 and imo having 2 teams recoup and come back for another crack is great rather then 2 exhausted teams playing extra time for 10 mins then golden point..
I love it too. No one would have complained it it was a one point margin in the replay, funnily enough I think that's how the saints beat the Pies in 1966. A one point Win in the Grand Final replay after the first match was drawn.

Edited - seems I was wrong on the drawn game. Point still stands though. Pardon the pun.

Even if nothing else changes, im genuinely mystified as to why you wouldn’t blow the siren and let everybody know what’s going on.

Why on earth would you risk confusion at one of the most epic and important moments in the history of the game? What’s the gain?
The siren could cause jusr as much confusion. For many years players have been accustomed to "siren blows, game over" (even the technicality of "umpire blows whistle after siren, game over" has been removed somewhat).
In the heat of the moment I can imagine a high proportion of players stopping on the siren, then a fraction of a second later realising play continues. That fraction of a second could be vital.

Just have second extra time, or as many as it takes to break the deadlock. Odds of it being tied again (or still) after an extra ten minutes are low enough to begin with; after 20 extra minutes, almost unthinkable.
This isn't like the world game where another hour could be played with no extra score. And even they go an extra half hour before the shootout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back