Universal Love In the pantheon of Richmond greats, where does Dusty now stand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Never saw Hart or Dyer play so its too hard to say. The old man thought Royce was the bees knees. I saw the tail end of KB and even towards the end of his career he still had the crowds buzzing. I loved watching M Rioli snr not just at Richmond but also at South Freo, but i would place Dusty in our top 3 IMO

Hart
KB
Dusty
Dyer
Rioli

Last edited:

3 premierships where he won the norm smith. Which ones might we have lost without him? If he had not been carrying that severe corky in 2018 ... who knows.

He has gotta be up there.
I don't think we win 2020 without him, I'm not sure we make the GF in 2019 without him.

I was young when Hart was around, but remember my grandmother (the mad Richmond fan who required me to support the club... thanks Nan :) ) raving about him.

I'd have Dusty first, but think that if Hart had had access to modern medical technology/techniques to deal with his knee, Hart would have been better (and Richmond may well have another cup or two).

Think Dusty level on field dominance, but with Cotch's leadership and inspiration. If he hadn't done his knee, he'd probably be considered the greatest AFL player ever.

Delicious when u have to start seperating Dusty,Hungry & Royce...i never thought anyone from Richmond would ever get to the level of
KB and Royce,not in my lifetime,but here we are and its well deserved,Dustys got 4 more seasons in him,who knows ? he could become
our greatest ever...special shout out to Richo,not too far behind this group imo,was a freak of a player...Trent along with Royce our greatest
captain :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back