List Mgmt. In the spirit of Draft Week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
...I thought I'd go back and have a look at some of the on day reactions from 2009.

*I quote these hot takes from a position of love, not mockery*

7. BRADLEY SHEPPARD

Damn

Ooft - up there with my "I can't believe we lost out on Swift!" the previous year. (We took Ballas with the next pick).

Bit devastated that Brad Shep went to the eagles... his family are BIG Freo fans :(

Still shattered and somewhat emotional about it.

oh my... Black may slip to us.

Sheet, there's a lot of talent still there for us.
Bastinac, Stevens etc

Sorry Lach.

Wow, we might get Black!

Oh dear.

Black at 20, Vardy even awesome

Sorry again Lach.

We passed on Black for Fyfe!

Pick 20! Your Kidding

Still laughing about it to this day, thankfully.

Why the HELL didnt we take Black???

Very salient question.

I was hoping Tapscott

I really am sorry about this Lach.

Colyer gone

There goes Colyer

Fyfe's vid wasn't that impressive TBH.

Agreed, the cinematography was awful.

You guys fcked up not taking Aaron Black.

He fell right into your hands, Richmond even took Ben Griffths.

+1.

Fyfe over Black?

193cm vs 186?

I'm going to give Dormammu the benefit of the doubt here and assume he got a bit turned about on the stats sheet.

Nice Hair on Chricton :D

Lach did get something right.

We picked up some ugly blokes!! haha Big ears... bad teeth... big hair!!

Kghertron's draft day perm mullet was glorious and I'll not hear a word spoken against it.

I reckon Houghton will become a real vintage for Freo when he matures with age.

Right family, wrong sibling.

Fyfe is an interesting selection. Has anyone here seen him play live? His utube video suggests he has really good hands but short guys need a few more strings to their bow to make it

Well I'm glad that turned out the way it did.

Let's all do our best to keep the nuclear draft day reactions under control this year. :tearsofjoy:

...I thought I'd go back and have a look at some of the on day reactions from 2009.

Ooft - up there with my "I can't believe we lost out on Swift!" the previous year. (We took Ballas with the next pick).

Sorry Lach.

Oh dear.

Sorry again Lach.

Very salient question.

I'm going to give Dormammu the benefit of the doubt here and assume he got a bit turned about on the stats sheet.

Kghertron's draft day perm mullet was glorious and I'll not hear a word spoken against it.

Let's all do our best to keep the nuclear draft day reactions under control this year. :tearsofjoy:

i prefer my 2008 thoughts on Hill and Walters

A more recent one is some people losing their s**t cause Freo drafted Sean Darcy instead of Josh Battle.

A more recent one is some people losing their sh*t cause Freo drafted Sean Darcy instead of Josh Battle.

I remember wanting Brennan Cox at that pick… Fair to say I was happy enough and still am.

Darcy was a bit out of the blue tbh - very few had him in the National Draft at all from memory.

Sorry Lach.

Oh dear.

Sorry again Lach.

Very salient question.

Very good. To be fair, I was much younger then. I hope both my judgements and grammar have improved :drunk:

Don't mean to blow my own trumpet (of course I do):
I too feel that this draft could run quite deep and if we can keep some of th guys you mentioned in our state - obviously prefer that to be Freo it would be great. Would absolutely love a Darling and Cripps combo.

Darcy Fogarty == Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back