In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

How is this a thing? I've been on the wait list since 07' and I was still about 9000 prior to this year. Very unsure how this works tbh...

Not sure how that's possible unless you missed payment for a year and went to the back of the waitlist. I joined in 2010 and was 4,756 last season.

Yep just double checked my card. 12 year member and I was 9xxx at the start of this year. Now with the removal of the resale it's arguably not worth it anymore. Can't believe how little the list moved with a 20,000 seat increase.

Not sure how that's possible unless you missed payment for a year and went to the back of the waitlist. I joined in 2010 and was 4,756 last season.

Yep just double checked my card. 12 year member and I was 9xxx at the start of this year. Now with the removal of the resale it's arguably not worth it anymore. Can't believe how little the list moved with a 20,000 seat increase.

Hmm something isn' right here

Figured it out. So 2013 or there abouts I was offered an upgrade to In the Wings Plus. 1 single guaranteed seat for the season. Used it that year. Opted to go back to In the Wings for when a full membership became available. And was apparently thrown to the back of the list. Cheers West Coast.

Figured it out. So 2013 or there abouts I was offered an upgrade to In the Wings Plus. 1 single guaranteed seat for the season. Used it that year. Opted to go back to In the Wings for when a full membership became available. And was apparently thrown to the back of the list. Cheers West Coast.
Serious!? That's some serious bullshit

Oh wow that's disgraceful!

Yep that is definitely what has transpired. Disappointing to say the least. I'm grateful to be able to get pretty easy General Admission seats this year though. During the big ticket sale on Monday I managed to snare block 106 directly behind the goals for both R1 vs Sydney and R7 vs Port. $55 a ticket. I just want to watch and support my team is all.

Yep that is definitely what has transpired. Disappointing to say the least. I'm grateful to be able to get pretty easy General Admission seats this year though. During the big ticket sale on Monday I managed to snare block 106 directly behind the goals for both R1 vs Sydney and R7 vs Port. $55 a ticket. I just want to watch and support my team is all.
Of course I didn't realise GA tickets for the Sydney game had gone on sale yet, and now it looks like I've missed out on them too. Oh boy, I am absolutely filthy right now.

Of course I didn't realise GA tickets for the Sydney game had gone on sale yet, and now it looks like I've missed out on them too. Oh boy, I am absolutely filthy right now.

Monday morning 9am. Every round from 1-11 I think. Was a bloodbath tbh. I put in a search for 4 seats and got offered some decent seats, got a bit greedy and re-searched best available again (not super familiar with the cut-throat nature of it). Got reallocated to the high altitude section and then had to drop the search to 2 seats which got me Block 106 (absolutely stoked with that).

That’s so unfair . Definitely ring the club to sort it out . I was forced to switch from ITW Plus to ITW (since they scrapped ITW Plus) but kept my waitlist position . I also kept it when I originally switched from ITW to ITW Plus .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The resale hasn’t been removed
Apologies. The upcoming plans to remove the In the Wings membership resale system.

"Unlike previous seasons, where we have provided the opportunity for our In The Wings members to enjoy a priority presale period in relation to tickets for West Coast Eagles home matches, the State Government will no longer allow this to occur and requires us to strictly observe the requirement that 6,000 tickets be made available to the general public as a whole for each of our home matches. "
- Trevor Nisbett

Apologies. The upcoming plans to remove the In the Wings membership resale system.

"Unlike previous seasons, where we have provided the opportunity for our In The Wings members to enjoy a priority presale period in relation to tickets for West Coast Eagles home matches, the State Government will no longer allow this to occur and requires us to strictly observe the requirement that 6,000 tickets be made available to the general public as a whole for each of our home matches. "
- Trevor Nisbett
Yeah that is the pre-sale of general admission seats. Its different to the re-sale of members seats.

Your situation is kinda :( but you may have missed the boat on this one. Should have followed up with them a long time before this. Most people here would have told you a 12 year wait doesn't equal 9000 in the queue. Still probably worth a call anyway, might get lucky.

So I just got off the phone with the club - 2018 Reserved Seating memberships are now officially sold out. The next group of offers later this week are for Flexi 3 & 5 game memberships. Taking one of these options will not affect your waitlist spot for 2019 and beyond. I will be getting an offer in this next lot (I'm 4,756 in the waitlist from last year) so as I thought, I just missed out. Absolutely spewing!!

I'd ring the club about that, I did the same thing - ITW plus for one year and then dropped it - my waitlist number was not affected. If they've stuffed up you should lean on them big time to at least move you to the front of the queue now.

I'd ring the club about that, I did the same thing - ITW plus for one year and then dropped it - my waitlist number was not affected. If they've stuffed up you should lean on them big time to at least move you to the front of the queue now.

Thanks mate. Sent them a pretty lengthy email about it just now. Will wait a few days for a reply then begin the phone calls.

So I just got off the phone with the club - 2018 Reserved Seating memberships are now officially sold out. The next group of offers later this week are for Flexi 3 & 5 game memberships. Taking one of these options will not affect your waitlist spot for 2019 and beyond. I will be getting an offer in this next lot (I'm 4,756 in the waitlist from last year) so as I thought, I just missed out. Absolutely spewing!!

OK... for all my whinging and complaining in this thread, both myself and my partner managed to get two adult seats each this morning. We had another mate looking for one adult and one junior seat, so could have grabbed two junior seats allowing him to upgrade each game, but chose not to do this. My previous rants should explain why I chose not to do this. Very sorry for him, but I stand by my principles.

Looking at what was available at 10am, it doesn't surprise me that reserved seating is sold out. I thought we were extremely lucky to get four seats together, especially as one email was received at 10:02, and the other wasn't received until about 10:08.

We are in the very back row of section 536, so could well be next to Tricove

A fully painful process, but at least we will be there to see every game this season...

OK... for all my whinging and complaining in this thread, both myself and my partner managed to get two adult seats each this morning. We had another mate looking for one adult and one junior seat, so could have grabbed two junior seats allowing him to upgrade each game, but chose not to do this. My previous rants should explain why I chose not to do this. Very sorry for him, but I stand by my principles.

Looking at what was available at 10am, it doesn't surprise me that reserved seating is sold out. I thought we were extremely lucky to get four seats together, especially as one email was received at 10:02, and the other wasn't received until about 10:08.

We are in the very back row of section 536, so could well be next to Tricove

A fully painful process, but at least we will be there to see every game this season...

Balsam what was your wait list number?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back