In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

no effect if your in the wings member ... its total consecutive years,
so 10 years ITW beats 6 years ITW 3 years flexi
Thanks, it's just the way the email I got in regards to upgrading my in the wings to a flexi was worded gave the impression it'd be easier to go to a full next year if I signed up.

Does anyone know what Row they are up to for the Flexi Members for the Eagles v Richmond game?
Anything left of 502-509 going to Joe Public?

I just got my updated waitlist number. I moved from just under 11,000 to about 6150. The club said 4500 ITW members were offered an upgrade to seated membership for 11 matches. Based on that I anticipate it will take around 12 to 15 years to get full membership.

I just got my updated waitlist number. I moved from just under 11,000 to about 6150. The club said 4500 ITW members were offered an upgrade to seated membership for 11 matches. Based on that I anticipate it will take around 12 to 15 years to get full membership.
Pretty much exact same for me lmao. How'd you do the math?

Pretty much exact same for me lmao. How'd you do the math?

The 4500 was what they said in the email. The 12 to 15 years is just my guesstimate. Previous years before the new stadium used to see well under 500 drop off the ITW list each year so I was actually being slightly conservative. I may be wrong on that.

If only Freo could draw consistently decent sized crowds we might've been able to have a 70k stadium instead.

Agreed but that would only have got me to around 1600 on the waiting list with around a 3 or 4 year wait.

It would have been good if the club could have used the relocation to verify membership holders. If memberships held by people other than the person named on the membership were closed then possibly the ITW list could have been cleared.

Club thought it was too hard.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the waitlist members start to drop off when people realise it's 10 years to get a seat. It's also pretty easy to buy seats in the public reserve each game, minimising the incentive to be on the list. This will move you along quicker.

Well i was totally wrong, I thought they moved 4500 ITW members.
What they really mean is they sent out offers to 4500 people. Not all of them took the offer, most likely because they wanted more than 2 seats.

I moved 2816 spots from 4789 to 1973... I probably have another 3-4 year wait.

Agreed but that would only have got me to around 1600 on the waiting list with around a 3 or 4 year wait.

It would have been good if the club could have used the relocation to verify membership holders. If memberships held by people other than the person named on the membership were closed then possibly the ITW list could have been cleared.

I have no issue with transferring memberships to family you actually have to prove it.

I also have no issue to people who say move interstate for three years but don’t want to lose their tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep 20+ years.

Why if people in my family decided not to go anymore should I sit alone? We’ve given plenty of money to the club, not just in memberships but also merchandise. Members deserve to be treated accordingly

I am not saying what you should do. I asked because it would obviously influence whether you had an issue with the status quo.

ITW members are likely to have more of an issue with it than seated members. I know of a couple of situations: The fist is where people moved interstate several years ago and have no intention of returning. They let some friends (not ITW) to pay the membership going forward and jump the queue. In another situation an old couple decided they were too old to go any more and their family just treat them as community memberships to be shared among them. Once again jumping the queue. I think there are probably thousands of situations like these and that is why most years the change to the wait list is a few hundred.

I am not saying what you should do. I asked because it would obviously influence whether you had an issue with the status quo.

ITW members are likely to have more of an issue with it than seated members. I know of a couple of situations: The fist is where people moved interstate several years ago and have no intention of returning. They let some friends (not ITW) to pay the membership going forward and jump the queue. In another situation an old couple decided they were too old to go any more and their family just treat them as community memberships to be shared among them. Once again jumping the queue. I think there are probably thousands of situations like these and that is why most years the change to the wait list is a few hundred.

The ones to friends I have no issue of withdrawing their membership if it happens a long period as opposed to the 1-4 years.

The communal amongst family I’m fine with. So they change their name to two of their children who then share it amongst them.

Yep 20+ years.

Why if people in my family decided not to go anymore should I sit alone? We’ve given plenty of money to the club, not just in memberships but also merchandise. Members deserve to be treated accordingly

I have no issue with it, once i get mine i'll have them for life. You pay the fee they're yours to do as you please.

One thing I think they should do is a check-in system 12hrs before, that way if you dont show your seat can be re-sold for that match. Some people barely show up, waste of a seat.

We've just signed up for ITW again (after receiving 4 tickets from the original in ITW membership).

Need another 1 or 2 tickets, my wife has really enjoyed coming to the games so far. Will be interested to see what the number is but I'm hoping sub 1,000 (might be dreaming).
There's always seats free next to us so I'm hoping we might be able to land something nearby in the next 3-4years.

What waitlist number did you end up with?

Any truth to the rumour that you can walk into the stadium with a kids ticket? Haven't been to the stadium yet, but a mate of mine told me about some guys he knew who bought a junior pass, scanned them, and walked right through!

With flexi's, the membership cards are different colours. But thing is you don't scan your card to get in.

For flexi's you pre book your seat online, for which you are given a printable ticket. That ticket has no indication what type of ticket it is (Full, concession or junior).

For flexi's at least, its very much an honour system.

That all said, one of my mates mums got a concession fully seated membership off a friend to use for one game. She actually did the righty and asked at the gate how to pay for the difference.

They looked at her funny and just told her to scan through.

No idea - but they are different sections. 3 to 5 flexi's have a set area to sit in.

Joe Public seats are allocated seats, not GA in the true sense of the term.

Just on this, every west coast game now is allocated seats for Flexi tickets now

I was sitting at 10 346 in the queue and moved up to 5 681. Was given a Flexi offer and didn’t take it (ran out of time). I was under the impression you would give up your ITW spot if you took that offer though?

Based off this from the email I got.

This is your official waitlist position for 2018, and accounts for members who did not renew for 2018 (and subsequently dropped out of the waitlist), in addition to those In The Wings members who upgraded into one of the membership options available at Optus Stadium (and have been removed from the waitlist).

Stuff that - my dads a noteholder and one of the first members - i intend on taking over his seats one of which i come down to perth and use 5-6 times a year and have done since he got them.

Just wish they would make it more efficient if the seats cant be used so they can be resold.

I get an email every fortnight telling me to put my tickets in the resale program if I'm not going to the game, I assume every seated member gets one.

Not sure what more they can do, short of calling everyone to ask if they're going.

I get an email every fortnight telling me to put my tickets in the resale program if I'm not going to the game, I assume every seated member gets one.

Not sure what more they can do, short of calling everyone to ask if they're going.
If you havnt signed in by halfway through the first quarter - and havnt notified by the app that you arent coming your ticket gets sold at a reduced price.

Fill the stadium ffs

The app isnt user friendly for older people - fix it.

Jesus you wouldn't want to be running a bit late. Rock up at quarter time and find some campaigner in your seat.

And that's assuming there's people hanging around the ticket office after the bounce hoping to get in to see the last few quarters.

One of the stranger ideas I've heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back