In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

when do the full membership upgrades normally get rolled out? I’m hoping my time is almost here.

My offer to upgrade from Flexi to Season membership happened on Wednesday morning with the window open until Friday 13th March, about 24 days and the offer email warned that it was more or less a first in best dressed type system once your window opened as others would also have windows opening throughout that period so the longer you waited the more chance you would miss out on seats.

For reference I was ITW for 10 years and have been another two as Flexi (12 years total tenure) before my full membership upgrade came through. If you've been something similar then you must be getting close to seat offer if you're already Flexi or a Flexi if you haven't got that far yet.

My offer to upgrade from Flexi to Season membership happened on Wednesday morning with the window open until Friday 13th March, about 24 days and the offer email warned that it was more or less a first in best dressed type system once your window opened as others would also have windows opening throughout that period so the longer you waited the more chance you would miss out on seats.

For reference I was ITW for 10 years and have been another two as Flexi before my full membership upgrade came through. If you've been something similar then you must be getting close to either a Flexi offer or a seat offer.
I’m still probably a couple of seasons away. This is my second Flexi season and I’m pretty sure I was in the wings for 5 before that.

I’m still probably a couple of seasons away. This is my second Flexi season and I’m pretty sure I was in the wings for 5 before that.

Your Flexi membership card usually has your tenure in seasons printed on the back. I'd agree you're a long way off if only at 5 seasons unfortunately. :(

Your Flexi membership card usually has your tenure in seasons printed on the back. I'd agree you're a long way off if only at 5 seasons unfortunately. :(
Turns out I’m only 6 seasons. My first season was an interstate membership and was under a different membership number as well. Bugger.

ah well, by the time I move back to Perf I should be just about there.

Last year I had ITW Flexi 3 and rang the club in November last year to go for a Flexi 5 and all good for 2020.

I rang the club on Friday this week asking when bar codes get sent and when we can expect to book. Response was “Likely to be in next 3 weeks”.

I responded that we start playing for real in 3 weeks and that communication has been less than ideal.

I am still regretting holding on to the dream that the AFL were going to get some premium seats for its full AFL members. Alas, my AFL membership is no longer as it is useless outside of Melbourne

Last year I had ITW Flexi 3 and rang the club in November last year to go for a Flexi 5 and all good for 2020.

I rang the club on Friday this week asking when bar codes get sent and when we can expect to book. Response was “Likely to be in next 3 weeks”.

The last two seasons the Flexi barcodes have been emailed out in the first week of March so there will still be a couple of weeks before the season starts to get tickets for R1. I haven't missed out going either season.

Are the barcodes different from the ones used for the preseason games?
I've never received pre-season game barcodes, the pre-season games are usually played in regional areas or away from Optus anyway (Gero, Bunbury, Joondalup etc). ITW upgrade offers are still being processed at the moment so I doubt anyone has their Flexi barcodes yet.

"I responded that we start playing for real in 3 weeks and that communication has been less than ideal."

I've been a member for 16 years and communication from the club has always been very good.

It's just the high prices for my memberships (Club 87) and the merchandise that I think could improve.

Good luck to all ITW members - hope your seats come up soon. :)

:westcoast:

I am still regretting holding on to the dream that the AFL were going to get some premium seats for its full AFL members. Alas, my AFL membership is no longer as it is useless outside of Melbourne

You wouldnt want the AFL Members being allocated any seats at Optus.
THe AFL Members Club competes directly with the Melbourne clubs for members.

I responded that we start playing for real in 3 weeks and that communication has been less than ideal.

Not really useless when you’re pretty much guaranteed grand final tickets if West Coast feature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other Flexi members - has anyone received their barcode to book tickets yet? Tickets go on sale for the derby tomorrow and I don’t want to miss out

They are still processing Flexi to Seated memberships at the moment so I doubt anyone has received Flexi barcodes yet.

Mine usually arrived first week of March in previous years which still left enough time to book Round 1 seats. The Flexi blocks are a separate allocation to public GA anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are still processing Flexi to Seated memberships at the moment so I doubt anyone has received Flexi barcodes yet.

Mine usually arrived first week of March in previous years which still left enough time to book Round 1 seats. The Flexi blocks are a separate allocation to public GA anyway.

Mine was hidden in an email which I've shown above.

Derby tickets go on sale tomorrow which is what I'm needing it for.

Club just emailed me saying Flexi barcodes will be sent officially next week. I'll still try my luck with the one they sent in January tomorrow though.

I didn’t even see the Marsh Community series email until I searched my Junk mail.. apparently Google didn’t like the email. The barcodes do look like regular season ones so good luck!

I just spoke to Laurie in memberships and the bar codes will be emailed out tomorrow (Thursday 27th) and you will be given instructions on using it and be able to start making bookings for the flexi games you want hopefully next week or at worst Monday of the following week.

For reference I was ITW for 10 years and have been another two as Flexi (12 years total tenure) before my full membership upgrade came through. If you've been something similar then you must be getting close to seat offer if you're already Flexi or a Flexi if you haven't got that far yet.

I was ITW 2012-2017, 5 game Flexi 2018, full member from 2019.

I guess openings must have slowed down with the Premiership.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I assume Victorian members don't get any special preferences ahead of General Public for getting Optus tickets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back