In the wings members

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I was offered a full membership in 2020 after being ITW for 7 years ...yikes!!!
Still haven't sat in my seat.
I waited for 10 years and only got my membership when the new stadium opened. Shows how loyal our member are, considering I was on the waitlist for 2009 when we finished bottom four and 2010 when we finished last, yet still waited another 7 years!

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
:thumbsu: ... whats the go with membership dollars? Are you paid in advance? How far?
Pledged some of my membership, but all paid up this year so fingers crossed we can get to a few games this year.
Got to sit in Premiership terrace last year for 2 games, was very nice and found my seat and sat in it for a minute to test it out.
Looks top notch up there.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I waited for 10 years and only got my membership when the new stadium opened. Shows how loyal our member are, considering I was on the waitlist for 2009 when we finished bottom four and 2010 when we finished last, yet still waited another 7 years!

I remember reading ages ago, that even after 2010 we still had the highest membership retainment rate in the league.

Richmond fans are bandwagoners :)

Was in the Wings until the new stadium was finished, accepted a 5 game membership in 2018, then offered full membership in 2019.
I was offered a full membership in 2020 after being ITW for 7 years ...yikes!!!
Still haven't sat in my seat.

Lucky campaigners.

FLEXI isn't the worst to be fair. Considering there's 11 games a year at home, some are on rainy s**t days and some of them are snore fest games against crap teams anyway.

5 blockbusters that i select on good nights, plus the away Derby for the year is actually close to fine for me.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Lucky campaigners.

FLEXI isn't the worst to be fair. Considering there's 11 games a year at home, some are on rainy sh*t days and some of them are snore fest games against crap teams anyway.

5 blockbusters that i select on good nights, plus the away Derby for the year is actually close to fine for me.
I would of stayed on flexi if I knew what was coming.

Flexis a great option, you can always switch back.

I was thinking last year I be witness to a premiership, how wrong was I.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Whilst I do agree flexi is a good option, I couldn't resist:

Milhouse Dad.jpg
Homer.jpg

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
with this whole covid capacity thing. are we going to have a cap and all members choose games first come first served?

i know it is still six weeks away but i doubt mcgowan is going to change stadium capacity by then

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Congrats! Just get that foot in the door, nominate for a seat change next year and see what's on offer.

My first seats in 2018 were on the 5th level, River/Camfield pocket/flank, about 5 rows from the top. Next year I managed to move a whole 2 sections towards the wing and another 5 or 6 rows closer to the front. Could've done even better but I wanted aisle seats.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm in the top tier. But out of the sun all year long so I haven't bothered to request a change. Quite like my seats actually, on the 50m arc and can see everything, but still feel close because Optus is awesome.

I don't think I'll change seats unless I win lotto or catch the next Reddit stockmarket wave and get in the rich bastards club. The sealed off area where they only start to fill their seats partway through the first quarter because they're too busy berating Jeeves for serving warm chardonnay in the restaurant there.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Does anyone know how the seating upgrade window works?

I've got access to it currently. There's probably a handful of diff realistic options.

But is this a live thing? Should i be rushing to grab a pair of good one's or can i take my time?

Thinking the 545 one's might be the go, bang on the wing and a few from the back. But i could also go the 537 to stay out of the sun.

View attachment 1064876
I'm pretty sure it's live and seats open/close as time goes on - i.e. your allocatd seats are locked until you change.

Doubt you'll see much sun that far up in 545 but I'm not 100% sure.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm in the top tier. But out of the sun all year long so I haven't bothered to request a change. Quite like my seats actually, on the 50m arc and can see everything, but still feel close because Optus is awesome.

I don't think I'll change seats unless I win lotto or catch the next Reddit stockmarket wave and get in the rich bastards club. The sealed off area where they only start to fill their seats partway through the first quarter because they're too busy berating Jeeves for serving warm chardonnay in the restaurant there.
Me too, I'm one row from the back in the second cheapest category. It's completely weather proof (rain and sun) and we've come to know the members around us, so don't really want to move. Being high we can see the tactical setups really easily which I've come to appreciate.

I have considered moving into the middle section (blocks starting with 3) but I don't think my mate wants to spend the money and we're attached to the group around us now.

Coaster90

Debutant
Jul 15, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been ITW for 7 years now and I'm still at something like 2000?
Not sure how that works as it seems people after 6 are getting theres?

I've never missed a payment either... Sigh, getting there!

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari

Next year mate.

Could also depend on how many tickets you’ve asked for. How many full memberships did you request?

I might’ve got mine before you because I only asked for a single seat, whereas if you’re after 2/3/4 seats (just as an example), they’re obviously harder to come by.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Pfft, I waited 10 years for my seated membership. Got to the 2000s after 5 and only went up a couple hundred each year (this was at subi). Got seats in 2018 when new stadium opened.

You're likely to get offered flexi membership soon, so almost there.

Back