In today's news... (rants about the media)

Remove this Banner Ad

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
The media constantly say dumb stuff so we need a new thread to rant against the machine.

Post your "Barrett is a flog" and related items here!

I'll start...

Damien Barrett is a *** and he's not alone.

Seriously, if you look at our outs, we have (I think) four of the top five from last year's best and fairest out injured, and something like 8 of the top 15.

And what does Barrett contribute to this but this bit of "Sliding Doors" genius...

If
this season wasn't a worry before Thursday night against the Crows ...
then
it officially is now. Three losses in a row, and a now-obvious inability to beat the best without their big names.

Seriously, the somebody needs to explain to him the difference between teams which rely on the presence of one big name player, and a team which is full of young players filling roles for which they really aren't ready and with no experienced heads around to guide them.

Of course we can't beat the best without our "big names'" -- take ten of the "big names" out of any team and they'd struggle to be competitive.

What is it with the media and stating the stark-raving obvious (I'm looking at you Danny N.)

End rant.

It probably didn't need its own thread, but I didn't know where else to post it. :)

Last edited:

Its like Bigfooty. Full of either trolls or morons that can't see the significance of losing 3 of your best 4 players for extended periods, that includes your entire leadership group + half a dozen other best 22 players.

You just have to shut up and bide your time, we will bounce back and the depth we have uncovered moving forward is a long term blessing in disguise.

And he's not alone.

Seriously, if you look at our outs, we have (I think) four of the top five from last year's best and fairest out injured, and something like 8 of the top 15.

And what does Barrett contribute to this but this bit of "Sliding Doors" genius...

Seriously, the somebody needs to explain to him the difference between teams which rely on the presence of one big name player, and a team which is full of young players filling roles for which they really aren't ready and with no experienced heads around to guide them.

Of course we can't beat the best without our "big names'" -- take ten of the "big names" out of any team and they'd struggle to be competitive.

What is it with the media and stating the stark-raving obvious (I'm looking at you Danny N.)

End rant.

It probably didn't need its own thread, but I didn't know where else to post it. :)
This opens up the need for a thread dedicated to ranting about the crap the media dishes out....or is there already one of these? :think:

One explanation is that he is trolling us

Another is that he actually has no clue, no knowledge of which players are best 22 for us and what is happening at our club, and he just opted for a lazy check of the score and oh rance / riewoldt out so must be Richmond can’t win without big names. It’s quite possible that he is a total charlatan and knows nothing about the game. When was the last time sliding snores was actually insightful

Last edited:
I normally don’t care much about negative opinions on Richmond from media personnel, but this one did. The ‘inability to beat the best without big names’ title is one for a team that’s just missing a couple. We were missing Edwards, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Lambert, Astbury and Short from our starting side (minus Grigg now that he’s retired). Adelaide were missing Tom Lynch and Doedee.

Of course we’re going to struggle beating them considering this game was at AO. Not a good comment from him.

I normally don’t care much about negative opinions on Richmond from media personnel, but this one did. The ‘inability to beat the best without big names’ title is one for a team that’s just missing a couple. We were missing Edwards, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Lambert, Astbury and Short from our starting side (minus Grigg now that he’s retired). Adelaide were missing Tom Lynch and Doedee.

Of course we’re going to struggle beating them considering this game was at AO. Not a good comment from him.
Interesting thought...if the game had of been played at the G would their have been a different result?!?

You've stated much better the point I was trying to get at.

I'm honestly a bit dumbfounded at the love for Adelaide after last night -- you'd think they beat a full strength Richmond line-up in front of a 90,000 home crowd at the G the way some media pundits are raving about their performance.

This opens up the need for a thread dedicated to ranting about the crap the media dishes out....or is there already one of these? :think:

That's the thread I was looking for!

Maybe I'll change the title and this can be it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm honestly a bit dumbfounded at the love for Adelaide after last night -- you'd think they beat a full strength Richmond line-up in front of a 90,000 home crowd at the G the way some media pundits are raving about their performance.
The way Tex was carrying on last night with his celebrations he was thinking the same way!

Take out the equivalent from Geelong, GWS, Collingwood, Adelaide, lol Norf and The Doggies. Would be an interesting few lists

- Captain
- 2 x Best Key defenders
- Best key forward
- 2nd best small running defender
- No 1 ruckman
- Most creative midfielder
- Best 2 way running midfielder

Last edited:
A few might be off with descriptions

Geelong

Selwood - Captain
Blicavs & Taylor - 2 x Best Key defenders
Hawkins - Best key forward
Touhy - 2nd best small running defender
Stanley - No 1 ruckman
Kelly - Most creative midfielder
Duncan - Best 2 way running midfielder

Collingwood

Pendlebury - Captain
Moore & Trengove - 2 x Best Key defenders
De Goey - Best key forward
Maynard - 2nd best small running defender
Grundy - No 1 ruckman
Sidebottom - Most creative midfielder
Adams - Best 2 way running midfielder

GWS

Ward - Captain
Davis & Taylor- 2 x Best Key defenders
Cameron - Best key forward
Haynes - 2nd best small running defender
Mumford - No 1 ruckman
Coniglio - Most creative midfielder
Taranto - Best 2 way running midfielder

Adelaide

Sloane - Captain
Talia & Keath - 2 x Best Key defenders
Walker lol - Best key forward
Smith - 2nd best small running defender
Jacobs - No 1 ruckman
Crouch - Most creative midfielder
Crouch - Best 2 way running midfielder

Obviously the Crows cant play themselves but i challenge any of those other clubs to play as well minus those players as we did last night

The media constantly say dumb stuff so we need a new thread to rant against the machine.

Post your "Barrett is a flog" and related items here!

I'll start...

Damien Barrett is a *** and he's not alone.

End rant.

Mate he’s not a real journalist, just what he has written there anyone can see he hates Richmond because it’s absolute rubbish , he probably trolls the Richmond bf board and see that we call him a flog and a ******* etc and writing bs about us he thinks is somehow pay back . Bloke is a complete and utter ******* .

The way Tex was carrying on last night with his celebrations he was thinking the same way!

He’s still hurting from the GF loss , no matter how much he carries on now he will always be the captain that lost a gf , and played s**t to boot and went missing on the big stage . Plus he is soft as butter .

He’s still hurting from the GF loss , no matter how much he carries on now he will always be the captain that lost a gf , and played **** to boot and went missing on the big stage . Plus he is soft as butter .
And his pre GF game stance! Don't forget the stance! It's the red cherry on top of Tex's nose!!!

Performance was actually concerning for them. I don’t think they’ll get near teams like Collingwood and Geelong with that performance yesterday. We were 4 points behind them in the 4th quarter with similar scoring shots with a lot of outs to their near full-strength side, so I don’t see it as a great performance at all.

A few might be off with descriptions

Geelong

Selwood - Captain
Blicavs & Taylor - 2 x Best Key defenders
Hawkins - Best key forward
Touhy - 2nd best small running defender
Stanley - No 1 ruckman
Kelly - Most creative midfielder
Duncan - Best 2 way running midfielder

Collingwood

Pendlebury - Captain
Moore & Trengove - 2 x Best Key defenders
De Goey - Best key forward
Maynard - 2nd best small running defender
Grundy - No 1 ruckman
Sidebottom - Most creative midfielder
Adams - Best 2 way running midfielder

GWS

Ward - Captain
Davis & Taylor- 2 x Best Key defenders
Cameron - Best key forward
Haynes - 2nd best small running defender
Mumford - No 1 ruckman
Coniglio - Most creative midfielder
Taranto - Best 2 way running midfielder

Adelaide

Sloane - Captain
Talia & Keath - 2 x Best Key defenders
Walker lol - Best key forward
Smith - 2nd best small running defender
Jacobs - No 1 ruckman
Crouch - Most creative midfielder
Crouch - Best 2 way running midfielder

Obviously the Crows cant play themselves but i challenge any of those other clubs to play as well minus those players as we did last night
Never heard of half these blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back