Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft time has been tentatively set for Friday 29 September at 8pm AEST. As always, if you don't like that time, please suggest an alternative and if we get a consensus, I'll change it. But I thinking the next day (AFL Grand Final) is definitely out. On sunday, early afternoon could be fine. I rather not schedule at night with the NRL Grand Final on.

Keeper deadline is a week before draft as per usual.

Also, what are everyone thoughts on adding hits and blocks as additional scoring categories this season?
I would rather either both of them in or none of them in. I actually think blocks could an important addition as this league needs more defenseman on everyone's rosters.

Draft time has been tentatively set for Friday 29 September at 8pm AEST. As always, if you don't like that time, please suggest an alternative and if we get a consensus, I'll change it. But I thinking the next day (AFL Grand Final) is definitely out. On sunday, early afternoon could be fine. I rather not schedule at night with the NRL Grand Final on.

Keeper deadline is a week before draft as per usual.

Also, what are everyone thoughts on adding hits and blocks as additional scoring categories this season?
I would rather either both of them in or none of them in. I actually think blocks could an important addition as this league needs more defenseman on everyone's rosters.
Draft time Friday night good by me.

I agree with you regarding how defenseman are lacking relevance in the league - pity that the ESPN "Defense points" stat is not available in Yahoo.

Can we make it a weekend? I live in London now so Friday afternoon is work for me.
Yeah, living in Barcelona makes it a work day for me as well. Saturday or Sunday works best for us.

Yeah, if we can bump that draft time to the Sunday morning/arvo (AEST), that'd be much appreciated. As it currently stands (Friday night AEST), that'd be my Friday 6am, and with the GF starting after 1am later that night, I'd end up being awake for a solid 24 hrs. If the Dees are going all the way this year, boys, I'm gonna need all the energy I can muster!

I think it was around 12pm-1pm AEST Sunday last year and that seemed to work okay. Any chance we could just revert back to that?

Last edited:
Gonna have to disagree with PalaceGun about the defensive stats. I'm in another league that includes hits and blocks, and it just adds another interesting dimension to the game. I'd be in favour.

Yeah, if we can bump that draft time to the Sunday morning/arvo (AEST), that'd be much appreciated. As it currently stands (Friday night AEST), that'd be my Friday 6am, and with the GF starting after 1am later that night, I'd end up being awake for a solid 24 hrs. If the Dees are going all the way this year, boys, I'm gonna need all the energy I can muster!

I think last year's was around 12pm-1pm AEST Sunday last year and that seemed to work okay. Any chance we could just revert back to that?
I lold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I like the time, it'd be about 4am here. But then again I have no idea what Saturday is going to be like as I'm going to be drinking from 5am after waking up at 4:30 to get to the GF venue and if the Crows are in it then my friend I am going with will be drinking heavy so I will match that.

Anytime you pick is going to be early in the morning, but yes 3pm is better than 1pm for all of us on the other side of the world.
How many of us are in North America compared to Europe? Earlier is better for us in NA, but I'm okay with doing it at midnight my time if it means you guys in Europe don't have to get up at 4am or anything crazy.

My keepers (updated Sun Sep 24)

Pavelski
Kessel
Radulov
Galchenyuk
Johansen
Rask
Andersen
OEL (acquired in trade with Peter S.)

Rookies
Ehlers
Hartman
Other rookie pick traded to PG's Glasgow MegaSnakes squad.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back