Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

So when is the draft?

And I think I only have 2 eligible rookies - so I only get to keep 10?
Draft is next saturday morning aus time or friday night/evening depending on where you are in europe/north america.

Correct. You can only keep 10 of you have only 2 eligible rookies. The 11th spot will be filled by a placeholder.

Keepers have been assigned.

There was 1 team who didn't pick their keepers so I picked them based on the top 8 players ranked by Yahoo pre season. Likewise for top 3 rookie eligible.
I don’t have time this week to chase up individuals who don’t make a selection as I will be travelling to China and UK from Tuesday and will be offline for a little bit.

Good luck to everyone at the draft.

Reminder if you don't want to play, please tell me asap so I can replace you.

Statement from BF KHL Commissioner
With the NHL suspending its season and consequently the current Fantasy Hockey playoffs also suspended, I have locked the current rosters while the league is in suspension.
In the event that the NHL Season is cancelled and consequently the current Fantasy Hockey playoffs also cancelled, the following rules will apply to this league.
The team that finished 1st in the standings after the end of the regular season, doof, will be awarded the league championship for this season to recognize being the best performed team over 20 weeks.
The keeper draft order for next season will follow the reverse order of the regular season standings, i.e Hertl Power will draft 1st and doof will draft 12th. Snake draft rules still apply, so doof with draft 13th, Hertl Power will draft 24th.

Draft pick trades for next season will still remain as is - sucks for my team that gave up its first three rounds picks. However I, and the other teams will still be able to make trades in the off-season to recoup picks, improve their keeper players.

As always any feedback and suggestions welcome.

Sounds fair enough. No other way to deal with such an extraordinary situation.......
Statement from BF KHL Commissioner
With the NHL suspending its season and consequently the current Fantasy Hockey playoffs also suspended, I have locked the current rosters while the league is in suspension.
In the event that the NHL Season is cancelled and consequently the current Fantasy Hockey playoffs also cancelled, the following rules will apply to this league.
The team that finished 1st in the standings after the end of the regular season, doof, will be awarded the league championship for this season to recognize being the best performed team over 20 weeks.
The keeper draft order for next season will follow the reverse order of the regular season standings, i.e Hertl Power will draft 1st and doof will draft 12th. Snake draft rules still apply, so doof with draft 13th, Hertl Power will draft 24th.

Draft pick trades for next season will still remain as is - sucks for my team that gave up its first three rounds picks. However I, and the other teams will still be able to make trades in the off-season to recoup picks, improve their keeper players.

As always any feedback and suggestions welcome.

Season will always have an asterisk. Sounds reasonable though, obviously I'd be pretty happy with a trophy as I like my team a lot. Just a feels a little unfinished.

Thanks again for the work you put in PS

My current keepers (subject to change):
1. N. Kucherov
2. A. Panarin
3. S. Stamkos
4. T. Wilson
5. S. Couturier
6. R. O'Reilly
7. M. Marner
8. J. Binnington
R1. E. Pettersson
R2. I. Shesterkin
R3. I. Samsonov

Available for Trade:
C. Atkinson
T. Chabot
A. DeBrincat
D. Hamilton
R. Lehner
M. Rielly

Looking for 2nd round picks. Will do two players for a 1st round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when?
Almost 3 years ago. At start of 17-18 season.
Just a reminder of the new rookie keeper rule:
Rookie draft pick slots (rounds 9 to 11) can no longer be traded. It is expected that these are filled by rookie eligible player from your teams roster. If you dont have a rookie eligible players on your current roster, then hit the waiver wire and get players so you can fill the 3 slots.

If a team only has 1 rookie eligible player then they will forfeit the other 2 slots with placeholders that will have to be replaced until after the draft.

Congratulations Doof. Definitely the fairest outcome in this situation.

My current keepers (subject to change):
1. M.Zibanejad
2. K.Connor
3. B.Schenn
4. E.Kane
5. A.Kopitar
6. T.Krug
7. D.Kuemper
8. B.Rust

Rookies
1. A.Svechnikov
2. E.Merzlikins
3. P.Francouz

I'll probably reassess after the playoffs, but it does leave Trocheck, Domi, Ehlers, Zucker, Schmaltz, Hintz (R), Mrazek and Demko (R) potentially available for trade.

I see. Did we all agree on that? I don't remember voting for it.
I made the decision without going for a vote, because if you look at the first post of this thread, made by doof, the original rules stated, that all rookie keepers must be assigned.
Rookie Players
- 3 rookies can be kept on top of the original 8 keepers in a team
- a player is only considered as a rookie player if he played in two or
less seasons prior to the start of a new season
- a season is considered to be 22 games or more
- if you decided to keep only 8 veterans and no rookie players, those 3 rookie spots are treated as draft picks for you to fill up the missing spots AFTER the free agent draft

Last edited:
I made the decision without going for a vote, because if you look at the first post of this thread, made by doof, the original rules stated, that all rookie keepers must be assigned.
That's irrelevant, because we can still trade them.

With Lehner re-signing, i'm going to go all-in on goaltenders next season.

Updated keepers (subject to change):
1. N. Kucherov
2. A. Panarin
3. S. Stamkos
4. T. Wilson
5. M. Marner
6. R. O'Reilly
7. R. Lehner
8. J. Binnington
R1. E. Pettersson
R2. I. Shesterkin
R3. I. Samsonov

Available for Trade:
C. Atkinson
T. Chabot
A. DeBrincat
D. Hamilton
S. Couturier
M. Rielly

Looking for 2nd round picks. Will do two players for a 1st round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back