Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not really sure if the TBT's have made the final against the Mega Snakes. Several categories where we wait until the final results are posted including any stats changes.........

Well done TBT. Has anyone won from 6th before until now? Mighty effort.
Thanks. Ten plus years seeking this championship - very pleased with how things turned out! A bit of luck along the way, with Matthews and Ovi out of action for a number of games in the final series helping my cause. Mind you, Andersen - probably second in the Vezina voting and my premium goalie - was out for the entire series too, with late pickup up Mike Smith's purple patch helping me get over the line.

And yes, we have had a few low lying teams like mine come good when it counts. All part of the fun that this really great league brings.

Son Tim had an easy win in the battle for the top pick in next season's draft (reckon we might be seeking a new team owner with the seventh placed team owned by Andrew being largely neglected all year).

Draft order for next year

1. Teal Thunder
2. Andrew's Nice Team (new owner needed)
3. Joke Team
4. Doof
5. Mario's Memories
6. Walk With Elias
7. Glasgow Mega Snakes
8. TBT Bleu et Bleu

Cheers all. Look forward to another strong season in 2022_2023.

Hi all,

Looks like Yahoo has opened to renew the league once more.

As mentioned in a post above, I think we need a new owner to take over Andrew's team, given he was basically inactive all season (given we are a small league, having all 8 members active is vital).

Last year my son Tim took on Brades' old squad and enjoyed being part of it (despite finishing bottom two) (but winning the #1 pick!), so that's the type of new owner we are looking for.

If anyone has any suitable candidates, can you (or they) please PM me - I'll navigate as best I can with my new league commish L plates on to transfer ownership, then renew the league.

Sunday morning AEST draft my preferred option - the last Sun prior to the first game of the new NHL season (only 70-odd days to go to the new season puck drop!)

Thanks all.................

Our free spot in the league has been taken by "Citizen Erazed". Welcome to the league - hope you enjoy being a part of it.

Still to get our draft day sorted - will get a bit closer to season start and put up a few dates and times for everyone to consider.

Time to start thinking about those keepers............

Thanks.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Hey all. Just signed up now so will have a look through the team/league and rules. Not used to the Yahoo interface, that might take some getting used to.

Just checking on the rookie rules (not that it looks like i have anyone that qualifies):

- a player is only considered as a rookie player if he played in two or
less seasons prior to the start of a new season
- a season is considered to be 22 games or more

So players who have had less than a 22 game in a single season haven't started their 2 season rookie window - is that correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checking on the rookie rules (not that it looks like i have anyone that qualifies):

- a player is only considered as a rookie player if he played in two or
less seasons prior to the start of a new season
- a season is considered to be 22 games or more

So players who have had less than a 22 game in a single season haven't started their 2 season rookie window - is that correct?
Yes, a "season" is 22 games

So if they played
10 in year 1
20 in year 2
50 in year 3
21 in year 4
5 in year 5

Then they would still be a rookie for one more 22 game year, having exceeded 22 only once.

Any you are right, you have no rookie players - you'll get extra draft picks at the end of the snake draft.

Rookies a big part of this league - got to keep a close on things...........

40 odd days to go until the season starts.

Need to set a draft time.

My preferred time is Sunday morning AEST Oct 2nd at say 10.00 or 11.00am. Can be any start time though so as we can accommodate our world wide (and western states) members.

Can you let me know what suits.

Keeper deadline will be one week prior to the draft, giving me the Sunday to learn to navigate my way around the commish tools! (as well as a few praccy matches having been completed).

Mock drafts are open on Yahoo - always fun to have a go at a couple of these.

Should work for me. 11am I guess would be better as I think that is the start of Daylight savings over that side of the country.

We don't do that over here as it confuses the farm animals and fades your curtains, or something like that.

My keepers:
1. Kucherov
2. Marner
3. Stamkos
4. Panarin
5. Landeskog
6. Petterson
7. Marchand
8. Shesterkin
R1. Oettinger
R2. Zegras
R3. Stuetzle

Available for trade: Kadri, Letang, Toews, Hamilton, Beniers (if anyone needs a rookie), Lehner, Kakhonen

Last edited:
Keepers for the defending champs, TBT

1. Adam Fox
2. Timo Meier
3. Patrick Kane
4. Evander Kane
5. Matt Duchene
6. Frederick Andersen
7. Kevin Fiala
8. Vladimir Tarasenko
R1. Josh Norris
R2. Jeremy Swayman