Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State
Ok every week, the goalkeeper numbers against me are bordering on insane. Kindly stop it - my goalkeepers are not a threat haha
With five categories on the line, there's no doubting that goalies are very important in this league. Doesn't help that your two main starters are on IR.

You should put some feelers out for a trade. Might be someone out there who feels like wheeling and dealing. Not me at this stage though.....

Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
With five categories on the line, there's no doubting that goalies are very important in this league. Doesn't help that your two main starters are on IR.

You should put some feelers out for a trade. Might be someone out there who feels like wheeling and dealing. Not me at this stage though.....
To be fair, Demko can stay on IR the way he is going

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anyone got any objections to me upping the season acquisitions from 50 to 100?

PG has been giving the transactions a nudge, but to me that says he's having a real crack at winning the league...........

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone got any objections to me upping the season acquisitions from 50 to 100?

PG has been giving the transactions a nudge, but to me that says he's having a real crack at winning the league...........
If you want to implement for next season then fine. But not during the season. Everyone knew what the limit was prior to the season start.

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Trade to announce

TBT trades Carter Hart + Round 23 pick

to

Teal Thunder for Anders Lee + Round 14 pick

By the way, Trade Deadline is on Feb 22, so if you feel like wheeling and dealing then now is the time. With my TBT team looking at not making the playoffs, I'm happy to look at trades (as TT and I have done with the above, where he needs a goalie and I have excess). Draft picks the go. No stupid offers though. Something that makes sense for both teams please........

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Another trade to announce

TBT sends Necas, Gostisbehere, Chychrun and 13th round pick (ie. second round in our draft)

To Glasgow Mega Snakes,
who trades Ovechkin, Huberdeau, Dach and 23 round pick.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
2 rounds to go and only 4 points separate 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th. Walk with Elias the runaway leader, but remember that the TBT's won from 6th last year. Not over by a long long way. Great league.

Oh, and the Bedard stakes are well and truly alive too................

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Is Bedard a McDavid or a Lafreniere?
McDavid is surely the best player since Mario, so don’t think there’s too many of him around!

But this guy is the real deal - 123 pts in 48 games in WHL this season, 23 in 7 for Canada in the World Junior Championships……..

No possible way he won’t be pick 1 in the NHL draft (and our draft!!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
McDavid is surely the best player since Mario, so don’t think there’s too many of him around!

But this guy is the real deal - 123 pts in 48 games in WHL this season, 23 in 7 for Canada in the World Junior Championships……..

No possible way he won’t be pick 1 in the NHL draft (and our draft!!)

5dde0d8fb1a67acc12f7ec4fe3b141c3.jpg

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yep, two bottom teams duke it out, with the winner of that matchup picking first.

Mega Snakes v Teal

One that’s definitely worth winning!!

As for the main game, it pays to remember who it was that won from 6th last year - “just a case of history repeating”

Good luck all. Let the playoffs begin.

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Close semi finals - TBT's still alive!

Mario v TBT
Elias v Joke

Still waiting for the Bedard Cup, which will be played in same week as the title match. Teal v Mega Snakes

Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I do love the mobile app adding me a player for this week's game week instead of yesterday, despite adding the night before. No that it would have mattered.

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
I do love the mobile app adding me a player for this week's game week instead of yesterday, despite adding the night before. No that it would have mattered.

With regards to acquisitions, teams are set at 0000hrs ET in North America for that day’s games. Any acquisition made after midnight won’t be included in that day’s game. It’s ridiculous.

I always enjoy setting one’s team for the remaining week, make an acquisition on the Saturday and then find out the app has reset your squad for the Sunday games to have the only two players playing that day relocated to one’s bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back