Incorrect Decision against Worpel

Remove this Banner Ad

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL RULES STATE THIS AND I QUOTE:

WHEN THE BALL IS BOUNCED, A TEAM MAY ONLY HAVE ONE PLAYER INSIDE THE CENTRE CIRCLE.

The rule however does not state

AS THE UMPIRE MOVES TO BOUNCE THE BALL, A TEAM MAY ONLY HAVE ONE PLAYER INSIDE THE CENTRE CIRLCE.

The ball was never bounced, meaning the free kick was never able to be paid and a new free kick was made up.

Only a idiot would run straight through the circle. Players move around the circle all the time by not going through it. Everyone knows only the designated ruckman from each team can be in the circle.

Only a idiot would run straight through the circle. Players move around the circle all the time by not going through it. Everyone knows only the designated ruckman from each team can be in the circle.

Read the rules, nowhere in the entire AFL rulebook does it say you cannot have multiple players in the circle before the centre bounce. It states when the ball is bounced, only one can be inside. If the ball is not bounced, how can a free kick be paid???? explain.

WHEN THE BALL IS BOUNCED, A TEAM MAY ONLY HAVE ONE PLAYER INSIDE THE CENTRE CIRCLE.

AS THE UMPIRE MOVES TO BOUNCE THE BALL, A TEAM MAY ONLY HAVE ONE PLAYER INSIDE THE CENTRE CIRLCE.

The ball was never bounced, meaning the free kick was never able to be paid and a new free kick was made up.
Love the use of capitals, bolded letters and rage-induced spelling mistakes.

Hawthorn lost because they shat the bed now their fans are having a tantrum, excellent stuff.

Keep melting buddy!

**** yeah, another thread for an umpire decision that went against Hawthorn, ripper.
Is there others I can post Meh in as well, excellent point me to them!

Buckle up lil man, it’s story time.

11.3.4 Permitted Numbers at the Centre Bounce
When the football is bounced to start a quarter or recommence play after a Goal has been scored, the following shall apply:
(a) a maximum of 4 Players from each Team are permitted in the
Centre Square;
(b) Of the 4 Players, one player from each Team is permitted to be within the 10 meter circle;
(c) no Player (other than the 4 initial Players) or Team Official shall enter the Centre Square from the time the field Umpire commences their approach to the Centre Circle to bounce the football until the football touches the ground, in the act of bouncing, or leaves the field Umpire’s hand, in the act of being thrown up;
(d) where a Player or Team Official contravenes Law 11.3.4 (b), the field Umpire shall signal time on and award a Free Kick to the Player of the opposing Team who is nearest to the Centre Circle. The Free Kick to be taken in the centre of the Playing Surface behind the line through the Centre Circle;

Now, politely stop your melting & accept it was the right call.

Peace out

When the football is bounced to start a quarter or recommence play after a Goal has been scored, the following shall apply:
Centre Square;
(b) Of the 4 Players, one player from each Team is permitted to be within the 10 meter circle;
(c) no Player (other than the 4 initial Players) or Team Official shall enter the Centre Square from the time the field Umpire commences their approach to the Centre Circle to bounce the football until the football touches the ground, in the act of bouncing, or leaves the field Umpire’s hand, in the act of being thrown up;
(d) where a Player or Team Official contravenes Law 11.3.4 (b), the field Umpire shall signal time on and award a Free Kick to the Player of the opposing Team who is nearest to the Centre Circle. The Free Kick to be taken in the centre of the Playing Surface behind the line through the Centre Circle;

Peace out
thats literally what i said, you are completely wrong.

Refer to my intial post to see where you are wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centre Square;

Peace out
Nice try though lil man

thats literally what i said, you are completely wrong.

Refer to my intial post to see where you are wrong.

Your tears are delicious!! It doesn’t mean when the ball is physically bounced, the ruck set up is 4 in the square, one inside the circle.

Stop clinging & stressing yourself out over the right call being made

Your tears are delicious!! It doesn’t mean when the ball is physically bounced, the ruck set up is 4 in the square, one inside the circle.

Stop clinging & stressing yourself out over the right call being made

As far as basic english works, the wording "when the football is bounced" is referring directly to the football being bounced. It's not rocket science mate.
Pretty simple to see that there was a wrong decision made.

As far as basic english works, the wording "when the football is bounced" is referring directly to the football being bounced. It's not rocket science mate.
What happens when it's too wet to bounce? Can all eight players be in the circle?

The umpire was ready to restart play, Worpel went straight through the circle. It’s the same if there were more players in the square at the same time.

But keep melting sore loser :'(:'(:'(:'(

The umpire was ready to restart play, Worpel went straight through the circle. It’s the same if there were more players in the square at the same time.

But keep melting sore loser :'(:'(:'(:'(

Exactly, the umpire was ready to restart play but hadn't bounced the ball, the key piece of information that makes this a wrong call. Because the rule relates to the actual bouncing of the ball, no infringement on the rules occurred. Thanks for helping me explain chief.

Exactly, the umpire was ready to restart play but hadn't bounced the ball, the key piece of information that makes this a wrong call. Because the rule relates to the actual bouncing of the ball, no infringement on the rules occurred. Thanks for helping me explain chief.

You’re literally the only person clinging to that interpretation, it’s quite sad.

Sooking by yourself :sob::sob::sob:

For what it’s worth, the bouncing of the ball is a whole action - setup, walk in & deliver. Not when the football itself impacts the ground, sorry I had to explain that to you chief

For what it’s worth, the bouncing of the ball is a whole action - setup, walk in & deliver. Not when the football itself impacts the ground, sorry I had to explain that to you chief

Well it's not. The umpire bouncing the ball is one action lmao. You really are going far too deep into this. Thats like saying the action of eating a sandwich also involves the precursor steps of going to the store, buying bread, making a sandwich etc. You are missing the point.

Even if that is correct, the word is "bounced". Which means the action must be complete to judge it.
This is very similar to the NFL, where you are only offside when the ball is "snapped", you may be offside, but get back onside before the snap and be fine.

Lets be honest, we didnt lose the game over that. It was that, + sicily call + two hamstrings + dogs taking every chance + jaeger punching the guy + jaeger missing the goal on the run. It was literally a perfect storm for the dogs. We did everything wrong and they did everything right.

The OP is still right, that was a mistake in officiating.

Even if that is correct, the word is "bounced". Which means the action must be complete to judge it.
This is very similar to the NFL, where you are only offside when the ball is "snapped", you may be offside, but get back onside before the snap and be fine.

Lets be honest, we didnt lose the game over that. It was that, + sicily call + two hamstrings + dogs taking every chance + jaeger punching the guy + jaeger missing the goal on the run. It was literally a perfect storm for the dogs. We did everything wrong and they did everything right.

The OP is still right, that was a mistake in officiating.

I am in no way blaming this loss on the umpires. I am very much of the belief we were going to be run down regardless with 2 on the bench. However, this doesn't mean an incorrect decision like this can occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back