Opinion Increasing our goal scoring spread?

Remove this Banner Ad

The other possibility that no one on this board is canvassing is to dust off an old move from FFC's "pre-Ross" play book: When we get our defenders back later in the year we will actually have a dearth of key position defenders. We could throw McPharlin forward - he has proven himself very capable of taking a good grab playing forward in past eras at the club. I think it is worth RTB looking into this if he hasn't already.
Agree with you.That's is a suggestion i made in an earlier post.

Correct me if I am wrong...But from what i see , Alex Pearce is holding on to his spot to the best of his ability based on the few games he's played at senior level.In the meantime we have 3 Tall , Mature and experienced defender who will all be ready to go by round 20 hopefully.Obviously we can't fit them all in the back line.What are the possibility of shifting one to the forward line as a tall target to take the pressure off Pavlich and Co.
Would you entertain the idea of sending McPharlin there once Johnson , Dawson and Silvaghni are Back?At the end of the day,this is very likely Luke's last season and the back line need to adjust to life without him....Thoughts!!
I would have said definitely yes 2/3 years ago when he was doing that, but have you noticed that Luke doesn't seem to ever take a huge pack mark a trade of his in years gone bye , he used feature regularly in marks of the year contenders. Maybe if he went forward some of that aspect of his game would return, taking pack marks . Having said that , he does have the speed to lead for marks ,perhaps there is no harm in trying because at the moment ,it's a shambles down there.

The breakdown of goals kicked this season (min. 3 goals).

Player (goals/games) Rds 1-8 (8 games) Rds 9-15 (6 games)

Walters (27/14) 12 15

Pavlich (25/14) 19 6

Fyfe (15/14) 9 6

Mayne (14/13) 13 1 (5 games)

Neale (12/14) 8 4

Taberner (11/11) 10 (7 games - subbed 3x late) 1 (4 – subbed 3x early)

Ballas (10/12) 6 (6) 6

Barlow (10/14) 5 5

Hill (9/14) 7 2 (2 v Coll - only goals in last 8 games)

D. Pearce (9/14) 7 2 (2 v Bris - only goals in last 7 games)

Clarke (6/12) 5 1 (4)

Mundy (6/14) 4 2

Suban (5/14) 3 2

C. Pearce (4/14) 3 1

Crozier (3/4) 0 (1) 3 (3)

Sandi (3/14) 2 1

(Sutcliffe, Sheridan, De Boer and Hannath - 1 goal each)

Freo (173/14) 116 57

Pavlich, Hill and D Pearce are the alarming ones.

Pavlich, Hill and D Pearce are the alarming ones.

And Mayne - he's turned totally sour. 13/8 games is a reasonable return for a mid sized forward. Translates to 36 goals for the season if he kept up the average. Not great, but acceptable from a forward. But 1 goal for the next 5 weeks is putrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back