Toast Incredibly Proud

Remove this Banner Ad

BELIEF!!

Winning two massive away games against sides with red hot form. Beating Hawthorn. Dominating on the big stage on Friday night with everyone watching. Last year we beat mediocre Richmond and Port away. This year we beat two of the flag fancies, and while there was still so much on the line for them.

Players standing up against the odds. Giles - **** me - tonight's game from him will be SO VALUABLE for the entire side for 2017. Lycett, the midfield, the broader playing group, the coaches. Suddenly they realise that Naitanui is not the Eagles. They can beat ANYONE ANYWHERE without Nic.

Barrass - future superstar, and the team knows they can cover Mackenzie without having to rely on the web. The team knows they have two blokes who will hoover up anything that isn't a tracer bullet coming inside defensive 50. The level of confidence he will give the team is massive.

The side DOES have the cattle, they just haven't been anywhere near consistent enough to prove it. The past three weeks shows each and every player what they are capable of if they play with intensity and play for one another.

Except for one extremely unfortunate injury, this season really couldn't have ended any better.

Beating Collingwood would have been nice, but the past 3 weeks have been unbelievable, so you're spot on.

Beating Collingwood would have been nice, but the past 3 weeks have been unbelievable, so you're spot on.
Don't have to tell me twice - i was at the G and it was a pathetic emBARRASSing experience. I was feeling very salty about our side after that.

I'm talkin the last 3 weeks.

Just hope we have the leadership to carry this momentum into 2017

BELIEF!!

Winning two massive away games against sides with red hot form. Beating Hawthorn. Dominating on the big stage on Friday night with everyone watching. Last year we beat mediocre Richmond and Port away. This year we beat two of the flag fancies, and while there was still so much on the line for them.

Players standing up against the odds. Giles - **** me - tonight's game from him will be SO VALUABLE for the entire side for 2017. Lycett, the midfield, the broader playing group, the coaches. Suddenly they realise that Naitanui is not the Eagles. They can beat ANYONE ANYWHERE without Nic.

Barrass - future superstar, and the team knows they can cover Mackenzie without having to rely on the web. The team knows they have two blokes who will hoover up anything that isn't a tracer bullet coming inside defensive 50. The level of confidence he will give the team is massive.

The side DOES have the cattle, they just haven't been anywhere near consistent enough to prove it. The past three weeks shows each and every player what they are capable of if they play with intensity and play for one another.

Except for one extremely unfortunate injury, this season really couldn't have ended any better.
I've been secretly hoping (due to the players flat form earlier in the year) that Simmo was priming the team to peak at the right end of the year. Thought it was just wishful thinking but just maybe I was on the money!!

Can't really remember enjoying footy more than I have in the last month and that's really saying something. Playing such a good, honest brand too, we look like a different side from just a few months ago. Seems to be a great example of when things just 'click'

Dominating on the big stage on Friday night with everyone watching.

This shouldn't be under estimated

We've just dismantled two quality sides on the big stage and by margins that flattered both of the vanquished

One of the things that I hung on to throughout the year was that whilst we weren't playing well we were still in touch with the leaders and of all the sides in the 8 had the most room for improvement. The Naitanui injury appeared to close the door on that but we've seen over the last 3 weeks that potential improvement come to some sort of fruition and we've done it in front of a national audience

The flat track was officially buried tonight

We've just dismantled two quality sides on the big stage and by margins that flattered both of the vanquished

One of the things that I hung on to throughout the year was that whilst we weren't playing well we were still in touch with the leaders and of all the sides in the 8 had the most room for improvement. The Naitanui injury appeared to close the door on that but we've seen over the last 3 weeks that potential improvement come to some sort of fruition and we've done it in front of a national audience

i agree with this completely and my stance hasn't changed since i wrote this 3 months ago..........
Now i'm not bragging of course (maybe), just happy for them and sometimes faith in the boys pays off.
Mission is not yet complete but now they believe as well!!!!

I'm in this camp and I'm actually quite bullish of where we are at. Yes I wish we were playing better and had knocked off someone away from home but I love how negative the press and the East Coast are about us. Expectations have lowered significantly by most now and we are not considered a danger for the flag. We have been playing for about a 10 minute burst here and there and smashing the s**t teams. We are still reasonably placed with a decent run now to gather form and hit top speed for the last third of the season.
What I love most is that when we switch on, our ball movement is that fast and crisp that we can score so heavily so quickly. Best and most dangerous in the comp I reckon.
If that clicks into gear at the right time of the season and we are there abouts then bang, bang, bang and we take out GWS, Hawks and the Crows and go into the finals as the form team and do the deed to become 2016 Premiers.

Look where we are placed, the draw of some of the teams above us, who we can smash for %% and then how we can influence our own position (by beating North, GWS, Hawks and Crows). I'm happy with all that considering our form and knowing (and hoping!) what we can do if things click.

Now to sit back and enjoy as it all unfolds and the Victorians begin to realise their worst fears are happening again when they are least expecting in.

(insert evil laugh here.....)

Now i'm not bragging of course (maybe), just happy for them and sometimes faith in the boys pays off.
Mission is not yet complete but now they believe as well!!!!

If that clicks into gear at the right time of the season and we are there abouts then bang, bang, bang and we take out GWS, Hawks and the Crows and go into the finals as the form team and do the deed to become 2016 Premiers.

Impressive if you wrote that back a few months ago. I'll put my hand up as one who would've suggested you call the psychiatric emergency team spouting lunacy like that. The boys have turned it around largely through effort and addressing their weaknesses, and I applaud that.

Think about the players going into the last 3 games with all the expectations that they'd roll over - nek minnit, well, as you put it: bang, bang, bang!

As another poster mentioned, belief is powerful. Everything we achieve in the finals this year will occur in the shadow of Naitanui's chest-thumping, siren-beating, now beleaguered left leg.

The ultimate goal is the flag, but only one team can win it every year. Does that mean that every season is an abject failure for 17 sides? I get both arguments.

However, barring a premiership, there's a few things every footy fan wants to see from their club. Heart. Direction. Purpose. An observable game plan. Players playing with intensity and passion.
The Eagles had an interesting season
HB35, I sincerely love your work on the podcast & posts. Our season is still alive.
Hoping you can do a different song this week that doesn't focus on a midfield rebuild. Maybe 'Darling, if you went straight and kicked true, I will always love you"....very bad, but hey, I don't have the talent.
All in jest mate.:thumbsu:

I am in Amsterdam, watched the game at a pub and there was a St kilda, Pies and Essendon supporter watching the game with me.. they couldnt believe it and were barracking for Adelaide haha they took off at three quarter time and i gave them a good laughing at. Not that any of their teams will have any influence this season anyways but i think a few teams and their supporters are now worried.

We may not finish top 4, We may not even make the Grandfinal. But lets * every team we come across on the way there. Lets be the fear that leaves them uneasy at night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back