India have the most graceless fans in test cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing else to say really.

They just blow up every discussion about cricket into mindless hero worship.

Makes having intelligent cricket discussion impossible.

Disgraceful.

Am hoping England pump them in the series coming up.

Have you not ever read the comments of Australian fans after a win or whatever? Even after a loss yesterday a good portion of them in here have been very graceful, an equal amount here and particularly on social media have been virtually ignorant completely of what India did and it's just a foot-stamping exercise about Australia.

India have THE MOST fans in cricket, by a mile. Their proportion of w***er fans would be no higher than any other nation, there is just a hell of a lot more of them.

The fact that you've finished by saying 'you hope England pump them' would suggest you're unfamiliar with many English fans whenever they achieve something in cricket.

Nothing else to say really.

They just blow up every discussion about cricket into mindless hero worship.

Makes having intelligent cricket discussion impossible.

Disgraceful.

Am hoping England pump them in the series coming up.
I’d say that title belongs to us, fans and players.

I agree with PhatBoy, they have the most so their hooligan contingent will be bigger than our entire supporter base. Their knowledgeable and insightful contingent is also probably bigger than our entire supporter base, and their contingent of contrarians who support Australia to piss people off is probably going to become as big as our supporter base.

I will say there is often an ugly nationalistic and elitist bent to Indian support of the cricket team which I think only the USA really rivals and I don't personally see much from others in cricket (maybe Bangladesh a bit). People sort of write it off as a reaction to colonialism, bit the grandstanding and moralising takes on a more sinister tone in this context and it's why they can't play Pakistan.

Even this morning, the first thing that pops up in my Facebook feed is a comment on an article having a sook about a grand conspiracy not to play the Gabba Test first and saying that's the only reason India won the series etc.

The idea that India would be actually scared of playing anywhere is pretty stupid because it flies in the face of any empirical evidence over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back