India Tour of England 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how long Ollie Pope will be in the side for.

Bumrah spell with late inswingers was amazing. He was in full flight and the batsmen were helpless. It was a truly special spell from him. Still shocked at Englands collapse 100/0 to 210 all out, unbelievable.

Looks like it's gonna be series wins in Australia and England for this Indian team in the space of 9 months, seriously impressive stuff from them.

On the one hand it's good for cricket that India are winning tours outside of India and Kudos to them, on the other it's also partly a reflection of the steady decline of the both Australian and English test teams during recent times...

On the one hand it's good for cricket that India are winning tours outside of India and Kudos to them, on the other it's also partly a reflection of the steady decline of the both Australian and English test teams during recent times...

It is but being realistic it was very rare for visiting teams to win in India either and it probably took them to decline a bit at various stages for sides to go and beat them. The win in Australia was huge because Australia especially at home where their big fast quicks offer a lot even on flat pitches, have an exceptional attack

Am I the only won with enough Indian-cricket envy in me to point out that, while this was a great win, England are missing almost as many of their best players as India were in their famous 'Gabba climax' (yes i just used those two words together).
Stokes (> Kohli in terms of his worth to the team), Archer, Broad, Wood, Buttler, Stone, all in contention for their best 11 and out with injuries. I know that it's not the same and I'm just jealous but at least you are kind of thinking about it now.

It was clear that Anderson and Robinson were cooked as George Dobell wrote about in the 2nd innings, and Moeen Ali is quite the hack (which makes his domination of Kohli all the more perplexing and hilarious - and sad for me, as a big Kohli fan), 4.5 RPO LOL, and this was probably a key difference in the end i think - which probably was exaccerbated by their injuries in the end.

Also, what's up with you Jasprit Bumrah with your fast nearly unplayable reverse-swinging yorkers, think you are Shoaib Akhtar bhai?

Like this is what i am talking about, i pop onto cricinfo to see a headline with Harmison saying Inddia are as dominant as Aus in the 2000s.

Like save yourself the lubricant mate the series hasn't even been won yet and their batting has been abysmal at times in this series.

Like this is what i am talking about, i pop onto cricinfo to see a headline with Harmison saying Inddia are as dominant as Aus in the 2000s.

Like save yourself the lubricant mate the series hasn't even been won yet and their batting has been abysmal at times in this series.

I know which team I’d be selecting and it ain’t India.

I know which team I’d be selecting and it ain’t India.
It's a no bloody brainer for the timebeing.
I mean India got SMASHED in arguably their most important test of the year.
Has everyone suddenly forgotten about NZ down in their hobbit holes or something?

Wonder how long Ollie Pope will be in the side for.

He's a strange one. Watching him bat you can see he has plenty of talent and I feel like he should be successful at test level, but for whatever reason he hasn't kicked on. FC average of 50 suggests he's obviously no mug, but maybe I haven't watched him enough and there's some technical deficiency that's being exploited.

Steve Harmison isn't best known for his writing or judgement.

I think we all know what he's best known for:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you might be determining your destination before you've arrived...

Not entirely sure what you mean by that? If there is one thing I do love about the India team it is Virat. I love that he is Punjabi and Sikh and a fighter and he is the most beautiful batter to watch I can think of in this current era. I even make excuses for his poor behaviour more often than I should and have never thought of him as being Djokovic-like before -
just would have thought that an Indian captain would have better things to do than pick fights with the barmy army... just a take, is all, lol

It is but being realistic it was very rare for visiting teams to win in India either and it probably took them to decline a bit at various stages for sides to go and beat them. The win in Australia was huge because Australia especially at home where their big fast quicks offer a lot even on flat pitches, have an exceptional attack

Noted, but you're flipping my comment 360 degrees here, as I'm not talking about the historical challenge of any team rarely winning a test series in India, which pre neutral umpiring days was nigh on impossible...

Noted, but you're flipping my comment 360 degrees here, as I'm not talking about the historical challenge of any team rarely winning a test series in India, which pre neutral umpiring days was nigh on impossible...

I’m just saying that historically difficult places to win often take for the hosts to decline a bit for that to happen in general

even the West Indies when australia finally did win there, it was after Greenidge and Haynes, Richardson was on his last legs and the quartet had dwindled to Walsh and Ambrose with bishop a bit of an injury liability. It’s a historical trend essentially and it often coincides with a bit of baton passing. Same as SA winning here for the first time

Caught up via the mini match, fantastic bowling from India. Quite an even effort with all their bowlers getting amongst the wickets.

The standout though has to be Bumrah, that 6 over spell with the old ball was ridiculous. He made the ball sing. It was poetry in motion, so good to watch. Game changing.

I wonder if Ashwin comes in for the last test, maybe for Siraj even. Shardul surely retains his spot as the third seamer along with his batting ability.

It's a no bloody brainer for the timebeing.
I mean India got SMASHED in arguably their most important test of the year.
Has everyone suddenly forgotten about NZ down in their hobbit holes or something?

Shane Warne has been copping stick for tweeting that India are the best test team in the world when they lost to NZ in the Test Championship Final.

England vs India fourth Test score: Shane Warne Twitter, bizarre claim torn to shreds, Virat Kohli, cricket news 2021 | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Again noted, but it's a bit of stretch to claim India winning any test series away from their home dust-bowls is a trend, a recent phenomenon is more accurate...

A rare accurate call/decision from Steve 'Ray Charles' Bucknor...?

Certainly not saying it’s a trend for them by any means. Sorry if that’s how it came across

Shane Warne has been copping stick for tweeting that India are the best test team in the world when they lost to NZ in the Test Championship Final.

England vs India fourth Test score: Shane Warne Twitter, bizarre claim torn to shreds, Virat Kohli, cricket news 2021 | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
It's hardly a bizarre claim. Judging who is the best off a one-off test match, one which was also played somewhere which completely favored one side, is a horrible way to judge the best in a format like Test cricket.

That said the main reason Warne probably posted that was to kiss ass with Indian Cricket

Am I the only won with enough Indian-cricket envy in me to point out that, while this was a great win, England are missing almost as many of their best players as India were in their famous 'Gabba climax' (yes i just used those two words together).
Stokes (> Kohli in terms of his worth to the team), Archer, Broad, Wood, Buttler, Stone, all in contention for their best 11 and out with injuries. I know that it's not the same and I'm just jealous but at least you are kind of thinking about it now.

It was clear that Anderson and Robinson were cooked as George Dobell wrote about in the 2nd innings, and Moeen Ali is quite the hack (which makes his domination of Kohli all the more perplexing and hilarious - and sad for me, as a big Kohli fan), 4.5 RPO LOL, and this was probably a key difference in the end i think - which probably was exaccerbated by their injuries in the end.

Also, what's up with you Jasprit Bumrah with your fast nearly unplayable reverse-swinging yorkers, think you are Shoaib Akhtar bhai?

Yea Bumrah bowls legally while Akhtar was a suspected chucker and PED user.

There's a fair chance Shane doesn't even know what the World Test Championship is.

There is little to no chance he follows any cricket outside matches he is paid to commentate on.

It's hardly a bizarre claim. Judging who is the best off a one-off test match, one which was also played somewhere which completely favored one side, is a horrible way to judge the best in a format like Test cricket.

That said the main reason Warne probably posted that was to kiss ass with Indian Cricket

I'm pretty sure India just rocked up to that match while NZ already played a few games in England.

India haven't beaten NZ in a test match since October 2016, that's almost 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back