India Tour of England 2021

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Cancelled now, not forfeited as in original ECB release.

Does this smell of BCCI negotiating a cancellation. The only reason it's not being delayed a few days is because they need to finish the IPL. Having your cake and eating it.

Indian physio also has covid, he's in quarantine. Don't think they'll be able to play within a week atleast. India also need medical staff for their players. It's unfortunate but correct decision has been made.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Just found out the news that the 5th test is cancelled.

Gutted, I was looking forward to watching this over the next 4 or 5 days, feel sorry for the people that bought tickets for it and travelled there for it.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Damn. This series was such a good distraction. I don't understand - isn't COVID everywhere in the UK? Just quarantine the physio, test the players and, if negative, get on with it.

Apparently there are no sports physios in the UK.

It’s been a good series, oh well, time to cancel Kayo.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
The BCCI and ECB are looking to reschedule the test according to the live blog on cricinfo. Plenty to unpack there. It won’t be the same of course, however that’s encouraging. This series deserves to have a proper finish.

Damn shame it’s not on at the moment. I haven’t been this enthralled by a test series in a very long time.

Apparently there are no sports physios in the UK.

It’s been a good series, oh well, time to cancel Kayo.
Surely they could continue with what they have until they get someone in.

Other sports have adapted to Covid within teams. They just get on with it and play without positive cases. Cricket needs to find a way to adapt.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
England's home summer for 2022. Good luck finding space in order for this series to be completed.

327021.3.png

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
England's home summer for 2022. Good luck finding space in order for this series to be completed.

327021.3.png
Well lucky you Pommies. Our baggygreens have only two home series but three away series, all in the sub continent. Not our favorite hunting ground. I smell a ICC/BCCI conspiracy.

konkani

Cancelled
Jan 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
What ever are the Mumbai Indians gonna do without king Rohit for the first few games back? Give youngsters a chance? Should be reschedule or forfeit.

Sounds to me like the Nita Ambani's of the world (billionaire MI owner) were probably kicking up a stink behind the scenes.

I don't imagine the ICC has much bargaining power to step in much (not sure but) as things in world cricket currently stand.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
This is a complete joke, you can't just cancel a series about 'covid concerns' when you have all tested negative. If it had to be delayed a week so be it, but it is a disgrace that a test series has been cancelled due to a domestic T20 league. I think I speak for everyone in saying that we're sick of India and their continual whinging, to try and get what they want like little babies. This is totally unrealistic and never going to happen but I wish all of these nations pulled out of letting their players play IPL, and have a new style T20 tournament that is shorter and not run by the corrupt BCCI, to make a stand against this crap.

I can't wait for a pure test series later this year between two nations that value and respect test cricket and don't try to weasel their way out of everything.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
can the ECB take legal action against the BCCI for compensation, or unwise to bite the hand that feeds?
Probably also wouldn't be smart on their part with all the talk of postponing from their players regarding this upcoming Ashes. Wouldn't want to get sued themselves next year.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Disgraceful from the moronic indians who attended the book launch, and shameful from the players who put the IPL money over everything.

test cricket as the pinnacle of our game is completely dead now, but at least we can watch some hit and giggle next week.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Geez the ramifications are huge depending whether this is classed as a cancellation or forfeit. An enormous amount of money available via insurance payout for the ECB if it’s classified as a forfeit.

Just an unfortunate situation all round. Didn’t realise that India had been in England since early June. From a selfish and cricket loving viewpoint, damn I really wanted to see this series finished properly. It was fantastic to watch.

Back