India tour of Ireland and England - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Rahul playing an absolute blinder! If India pull off a draw, it'll be worth a win to them.

Would be terrific to see the game go down to the final hour of what has been an excellent series.

Broad and Anderson are back. These two won't last much now, especially Pant.

Starts his career with a six, gets his first century with a six. Amazing knock by Pant but it's not over yet. Hope he marches forward without losing focus. Still a long way to go.

Starts his career with a six, gets his first century with a six. Amazing knock by Pant but it's not over yet. Hope he marches forward without losing focus. Still a long way to go.

Had no hope for a draw at the start of the day, and again when losing two quickly this morning.

It’ll be good to see these guys bat as long as possible ofcourse but they’ve been playing their natural game and that can come unstuck at any time, so I won’t begrudge them if they aren’t able to bat out the draw. They’ve done more than could have been expected given the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelieveable final day. Many would have thought India would struggle to see out the first session.

166 in a session is a pretty hard task, especially with the new ball coming soon.

However, it is certainly gettable. I checked the odds at lunch and India were paying $26 for the win. At tea, they are now $11.

Had no hope for a draw at the start of the day, and again when losing two quickly this morning.

It’ll be good to see these guys bat as long as possible ofcourse but they’ve been playing their natural game and that can come unstuck at any time, so I won’t begrudge them if they aren’t able to bat out the draw. They’ve done more than could have been expected given the situation.

Exactly. Thought we will be losing by 300 runs but now it's 170 runs and it's a good effort. Atleast we went to last session of the day.

Unbelieveable final day. Many would have thought India would struggle to see out the first session.

166 in a session is a pretty hard task, especially with the new ball coming soon.

However, it is certainly gettable. I checked the odds at lunch and India were paying $26 for the win. At tea, they are now $11.
New ball is they key now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been a great series and a terrific advertisement for test cricket.

The scoreline is about right - India competed well but were too reliant on one man for runs for the first 4 tests. Not sure England have solved all their problems (especially top order batting).

Special props watching Sky's coverage. I like the silence from the commentators as a bowler's running in followed by measured commentary on the actual shot. No favourite pizza toppings and no over the top screaming which suggests they've never seen Alan Partridge:

curran really ended up being the difference, it's one thing for a rookie tailender to make a few runs when they are already on top but his knocks changed the course of two test matches, take his knocks out and india go into this test 3-1 up.

Still dominant at home . Other than one freakish loss to Sri Lanka in a 2 game series in 2014 , we havent really been outplayed at home since 2012's South Africa tour .
Problem is , our away form is the exact opposite . Though our previous head selector picked some shocking squads the past few tours .

Rahul is good to watch when he gets going.

Interesting stage of his career, 26 years old with an average of 40.

Hopefully he goes on with it.

Still dominant at home . Other than one freakish loss to Sri Lanka in a 2 game series in 2014 , we havent really been outplayed at home since 2012's South Africa tour .
Problem is , our away form is the exact opposite . Though our previous head selector picked some shocking squads the past few tours .

Agreed. There's been some wonderful cricket played at home the last few years. There's been some absolutely abominable cricket played on tour too.

I don't know what the solution is. Thoughts?

Absolutely bizarre comment. It's been a very tight series right the way through. England have outplayed them in the decisive moments, but not comprehensively at all.
Theres only been 1 reason why it has been remotely close and that was because of Kohli, India are an absolute 1 man band. If England actually held their catches a lot of the tests would have been a lot more lop sided.

Theres only been 1 reason why it has been remotely close and that was because of Kohli, India are an absolute 1 man band. If England actually held their catches a lot of the tests would have been a lot more lop sided.

If statements are so pointless when used in relation to cricket...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back