India V Australia 3rd ODI 22 March 1830hrs @ Chennai

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

India from, Rohit Sharma (c), Yuzvendra Chahal, Ishan Kishan, Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Shami, Mohammad Siraj, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, KL Rahul, Shubman Gill, Shardul Thakur, Umran Malik, Jaydev Unadkat, Washington Sundar, Suryakumar Yadav.
Australia from,Steve Smith (c) Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

Stoinis played... so if you want the same side he will be there

One of the two is passable, thought he didn't play, although he didn't have to do anything so that's a positive. Enough teasing with Maxwell, in major events when does he actually turn up? He's old now too, Marsh is in way better form they are basically the same player albeit Marsh doesn't bowl much but neither was Maxwell. Green at 4/5. It's a nicely balanced side.

One of the two is passable, thought he didn't play, although he didn't have to do anything so that's a positive. Enough teasing with Maxwell, in major events when does he actually turn up? He's old now too, Marsh is in way better form they are basically the same player albeit Marsh doesn't bowl much but neither was Maxwell. Green at 4/5. It's a nicely balanced side.
A" fully fit "Maxwell would be one of the first selected for white ball cricket still.

A" fully fit "Maxwell would be one of the first selected for white ball cricket still.

Which is ridiculous it's been YEARS since he's don't anything in a big tournament. Marsh won a t20 WC off his own bat recently. Marsh at 4 seems a logical compromise when Warner unfortunately comes back. One of Stoinis/Maxwell, and on form Stoinis has been way better. The rest pick themselves.

Which is ridiculous it's been YEARS since he's don't anything in a big tournament. Marsh won a t20 WC off his own bat recently. Marsh at 4 seems a logical compromise when Warner unfortunately comes back. One of Stoinis/Maxwell, and on form Stoinis has been way better. The rest pick themselves.
It seems you have a short memory.Before he broke his leg was one of the best fieldsman in the world,a handy part time spin bowler and as a batsman one of the most attacking batsman in the world who was required to play the big shots later in the innings.Most likely would have gone to India with the test squad if this accident had not happened.Test days most likely over but when fully fit will still be considered for white ball cricket for Australia again.

It seems you have a short memory.Before he broke his leg was one of the best fieldsman in the world,a handy part time spin bowler and as a batsman one of the most attacking batsman in the world who was required to play the big shots later in the innings.Most likely would have gone to India with the test squad if this accident had not happened.Test days most likely over but when fully fit will still be considered for white ball cricket for Australia again.

He’s done nothing in major tournaments in fact I’ll say he’s been close to our biggest disappointment when major events happen. Stoinis is a better bet and I’m hardly sold on the bloke would rather have Hardie in but they won’t this close to a WC.

He’s done nothing in major tournaments in fact I’ll say he’s been close to our biggest disappointment when major events happen. Stoinis is a better bet and I’m hardly sold on the bloke would rather have Hardie in but they won’t this close to a WC.
Hardie done nothing of late and Stoinis is always out injured.

Hardie done nothing of late and Stoinis is always out injured.

Hardie has been in fantastic form. Would rather have neither Stoinis/Maxwell but they will pick one at least.

My team would be something like this.

Warner (or Matt Short for the WC)
Head
Marsh
Smith
Maxwell (or Turner for the WC)
Green
Carey
Agar
Starc
Abbott (Cummins for the WC)
Zampa

Squad members for WC
Labushagne
Stoinis
Hazelwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sh

Head
Marsh
Smith
Green
Carey
Agar
Starc
Zampa

Squad members for WC
Labushagne
Stoinis
Hazelwood
Short and Turner should be in the squad wc but don’t think they’re in the eleven.

Marsh should open if Davey isn’t playing and Green should bat 4 as he can play that anchor oel

Would love to know how Matt Short would go in a world cup. Strikers taught him everything he knows ;)

Doubt they are likely to gamble close to a World Cup too much.

Great calls here. The bloke averaged 38 with the bat at a T20-like strike rate of 138 against INDIA (not some minnow) across his entire ODI career, stupid call to say he doesn't show up. He'd be first picked if fit.

Not sure I am sold on the Matt Short hype yet, he has had a few good months but up until that has had 7 or 8 seasons of not much. Hopefully can kick on and continue as he is for a decent period of time.

Head
Marsh
Smith
Green
Carey
Agar
Starc
Zampa

Squad members for WC
Labushagne
Stoinis
Hazelwood
Would stick with Warner for the WC as much as I hate the campaigner he’s still probably in the best ODI opening combo, but then it’s goodbye. If he gets anymore test cricket I’ll spew, but I know they will pick him to go and embarrass himself in the Ashes and probably beyond. At least that might bring his average down to a level more reflective of his ability.

Interesting to see how they juggle the bowling attack for the WC. Starc and Zampa first picked. Abbott could be a wildcard with his as Mark Waugh says ‘clean hitting’. Would find it hard to leave a bowler the quality of Cummins out to pick Agar, these decks won’t be Indian test decks. Hoping Maxwell is fit to bowl, or Short out of left field. Definitely not as destructive a bat as Maxwell but better with the pill

I really want Green to bat at 4 today, something like:
Head
Marsh
Smith
Green
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Starc
Abbott
Ellis
Zampa