India v Australia 5 ODIs

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't worry, the cameras will find him. We can't go for more than 2 balls without a shot of the "grate man". Comes home, all victorious, the only person to captain India to a Series win in Australia, and then I would think the only captain to lose a 2 match T20 series 0-2 at home, and then follow up with a 5 match ODI series loss after bring 2-0 up. Life is good.

Doubt he gives a s**t about losing this series after winning the test series in Australia lol. This is one of those countless ODI series that India and Australia seem to play every other month with different sponsors. Personally, I wouldn't mind losing to Australia in ODIs for four straight years if it meant that we could win a test series in Australia for the first time in our history.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't worry, the cameras will find him. We can't go for more than 2 balls without a shot of the "grate man". Comes home, all victorious, the only person to captain India to a Series win in Australia, and then I would think the only captain to lose a 2 match T20 series 0-2 at home, and then follow up with a 5 match ODI series loss after bring 2-0 up. Life is good.

Add in the huge questions over his own form after going two matches without a century and he’s probably ready to throw his hands up and give it all away following a first consecutive one day series defeat

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Doubt he gives a s**t about losing this series after winning the test series in Australia lol. This is one of those countless ODI series that India and Australia seem to play every other month with different sponsors. Personally, I wouldn't mind losing to Australia in ODIs for four straight years if it meant that we could win a test series in Australia for the first time in our history.

I get what you're saying, but he's so damn competitive I bet he does give a s**t

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He will start giving a s**t when for the rest of his life he gets reminded that Smith and Warner didn't play.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
He will start giving a s**t when for the rest of his life he gets reminded that Smith and Warner didn't play.

Yeah, not really.

Kohli didn't courier sandpaper rolls to Warner, Smith & co and asked them to cheat. What Australia did was none of his business and he could only play what's in front of him. Besides, I doubt Gilchrist, Langer, Ponting et al felt sad about their first series victory in India after decades because key players missed matches for India.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, not really.

Kohli didn't courier sandpaper rolls to Warner, Smith & co and asked them to cheat. What Australia did was none of his business and he could only play what's in front of him. Besides, I doubt Gilchrist, Langer, Ponting et al felt sad about their first series victory in India after decades because key players missed matches for India.
They should have learnt from Kohli and just used lollies and deny right?

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
They should have learnt from Kohli and just used lollies and deny right?

You are really clutching at straws if you believe using chewing gums equals cheating. Chewing gums have been used by players since the time I knew cricket existed and it's daft to say that no player with a chewing gum in his mouth should be allowed to do the ball shining duties.

Your own captain said as much when the mint gate scandal was in the headlines.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...t/news-story/b26f87bc06d4763523ff38cd037ab68a

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Indeed, though it is doubtful Ponting given his record at that point in the country would have had the impact he may have liked.

The last day of the Chennai test was also washed out when India were chasing just over 200 to win. Sehwag was in prime form that match with the pitch getting better to bat on after the first innings, and all of a sudden, rain which usually is never regular in our god damned city, suddenly decided that it will play spoilsport when we needed 200 to square the series lol.

Point is, one can put an asterisk on any series victory if he searches hard enough.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
You are really clutching at straws if you believe using chewing gums equals cheating. Chewing gums have been used by players since the time I knew cricket existed and it's daft to say that no player with a chewing gum in his mouth should be allowed to do the ball shining duties.

Your own captain said as much when the mint gate scandal was in the headlines.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...t/news-story/b26f87bc06d4763523ff38cd037ab68a
You are clutching at straws trying to defend a cheat

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Indeed, though it is doubtful Ponting given his record at that point in the country would have had the impact he may have liked.
If Ponting plays in the first 3 Tests, Australia loses the series.
The last day of the Chennai test was also washed out when India were chasing just over 200 to win. Sehwag was in prime form that match with the pitch getting better to bat on after the first innings, and all of a sudden, rain which usually is never regular in our god damned city, suddenly decided that it will play spoilsport when we needed 200 to square the series lol.

Point is, one can put an asterisk on any series victory if he searches hard enough.
Agreed that India would have won the second Test. Maybe that changes the pathetic last innings run chase by Australia in the 4th and final Test though. Who knows?

Back