India v South Africa Sep 28-Oct 11 2022 (3 T20 Internationals & 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

After it looked early in their innings like India were gunna get smashed, it ended up being an entertaining chase
India were a real shot of winning it with 2-3 overs left. Samson probably needed to bit a bit greedier and take more of the strike.

Teams for the final ODI :

India (Playing XI): Shikhar Dhawan(c), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson(w), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Avesh Khan

South Africa (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Janneman Malan, Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller(c), Marco Jansen, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to have a little whinge about how sh** the experience at Metricon was.

It really felt like they didn't want anyone at the game. There was next to no advertising locally, or anywhere else that I saw, so clearly they weren't trying for decent attendance to begin with. I spoke with several people during the day that didn't even know a game was on, let alone just down the road. Despite this, significantly more people showed up than they clearly planned for - which wasn't much as it was, as I'm sure was easily visible on TV. They had to end up opening up another section of the stands as there was too many people for what they'd allocated.

On top of this and adding to the feeling of being more of an inconvenience than a proper event, there was only 1 bar/food stall open to cater for everyone. The lines ended up being 40 people deep all night at these and you missed a significant amount of the game queuing for a $10 mid strength beer. Fantastic.

Piss poor effort by CA and by Metricon. I blame CA moreso as they are the ones that didn't advertise and would've organised with Metricon on what they wanted to cater for. Metricon would've only supplied what CA indicated they would've liked.

The whole thing felt half arsed and not even close to up to scratch for an international sporting match. It genuinely felt, and I mentioned as did several people I walked past/overheard, that they didn't actually want anyone at the game and we were an inconvenience to the whole thing. Shocking effort all-round and an embarrassment for the game.
Just thought I would provide an update to this, I actually contacted Metricon and left some feedback about the whole experience.

The General Manager of Metricon Stadium replied and confirmed that they set up based on advice provided by CA, obviously that turned out to be rubbish advice and they were left completely unprepared for the event.

He apologised and agreed it wasn't a good enough effort for an international sporting event, but alas they could only really act based on the advice given, which was woefully underestimated.

Great work CA, as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back