India vs Australia 1st Test: 23 to 27 Feb at Pune at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

He still hasn't recovered from that as a batsman.
That series made him as a bowler though. Stood up big time when no one else did.

Not sure how good he ever was as a batsman.

Got to be a few concerns about his century given 1. the field settings 2. the opposition Captain 3. the oppositions two best bowlers and 4. what happened that series.

Did anyone here happen to give Wade any credit for his stumping at all?
Hes not a 3 year old. We don't need to applaud every time he takes a s**t in the toilet.

We don't need people to tell him how good he is every time he does something any other keeper can do.

They are regulation chances just keep taking them & you can stay in the team.

Hes not a 3 year old. We don't need to applaud every time he takes a s**t in the toilet.

We don't need people to tell him how good he is every time he does something any other keeper can do.

They are regulation chances just keep taking them & you can stay in the team.

Thought that would be the reply. U blokes are unreal....line up to pot players all day long when they are going no good yet when they do something well there is nothing

They should have just prepared absolute roads. Australia wouldn't be able to take 20 wickets on them and the Australian bats would still lose wickets to Jadeja and Ashwin.

Said before the match this sort of pitch gave us at least that small chance of an upset win but the pitches england got it's either a draw or they win every time, the way we are seen in asia has a lot to do with it though, for india even drawing one test vs the aussies is seen as a disappointing series so they backed themselves on a result pitch, our previous comical ineptness in asia has become our secret weapon.

Thought that would be the reply. U blokes are unreal....line up to pot players all day long when they are going no good yet when they do something well there is nothing

Avoid twitter. Half of it was full of people pissed of Mitch Marsh survived until stumps.

Renshaw's first innings score has been the innings of the match, even Shastri said it in the telecast, given the circumstances, opening and his first tour of India facing Jadeja and Ashwin coming off about 70 wickets between them in the last 3 months. Smith has been good, but he's been dropped 3 times.

Still get the feeling renshaw is rated higher overseas than he is by many aussies, give it a few years and i think he will have influenced more tests overseas than dopey dave has in his entire career.

Avoid twitter. Half of it was full of people pissed of Mitch Marsh survived until stumps.

Never understood that sort of crap, im not a mitch marsh fan but i would love him to play the starring role in this series as we beat india, not sure how they can find joy in any aussie test cricketer failing.

So we bat for as long as possible until the pitch is a minefield and then put them in for a day and a half?
If we can bat a day and a half from here before they bat again, we'll be leading by 650 and be doing off the charts well. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We bowled today probably why he didn't show :D

Packing for my trip, and I had some friends I hadn't seen in years over today. Still watched the day, just wasn't commenting much.

Its been a cracking game so far, really enjoying this pitch and the battle between good batting and good bowling
It's been a ball dominated game. I'm all for a closer game between bat and ball but this has gone too far the other way. The pitch was at least 3-4 days too old.

It's been a ball dominated game. I'm all for a closer game between bat and ball but this has gone too far the other way. The pitch was at least 3-4 days too old.
I've really enjoyed it. Batsmen who have applied themselves have still been able to get in. Nothing wrong with a 3 day test IMO... although I am a bowler so I might be a bit biased lol

Rather this than the roads we produce!

Still get the feeling renshaw is rated higher overseas than he is by many aussies, give it a few years and i think he will have influenced more tests overseas than dopey dave has in his entire career.

By the same token, I think "Dopey Dave" is rated higher and much more appreciated overseas than he is here.

Did anyone here happen to give Wade any credit for his stumping at all?

It went at a good height and he was well sighted. If he'd stuffed it up it would have been a very bad miss. It was pretty standard for old school wickies but modern ones are so awful I'm willing to say it was a ripper.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back