India vs Australia 1st Test: 23 to 27 Feb at Pune at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

The selectors and coaches came into the series with a plan. Winning the first test by 333 runs isn't going to get them running to try out plan B.

I'm not sure if dropping one player for another is exactly effecting 'Plan-B'. However I think you're right, they're not dropping anyone unless someone drops the bucket in the second test.

For those like me who were playing yesterday and missed all the days play. 17 mins of cricket pr0n

Thank you. Was on a plane all day and missed it. Have taped it so I will watch it again but thank you so much.

Appreciate it.

I'd say his first ton in India in a momentous victory would have to be in the top 2-3 tons of his career. Especially given 40 wickets fell for 757 runs (ave of 18.9). Marvellous century.
Watching the highlight on Fox Sports, and I just realised that India's second innings lasted 203 deliveries - 1 more than Smith faced on his own. That tells me it was a bloody good knock!!!

Has anyone thought about investigating India's efforts both in the field and batting.
no.1 . Our bowling wasn't exactly unplayable.
no.2 . My mother-in-law could have caught better using her arse cheeks.
no.3 . Some of those shots were not the strokes of so called elite cricketers.
no. 4 .Something's not quite right,but we'll take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how Steve O'Keefe sucks because he bowls an accurate, repeatable line and length rather than putting massive turn on the ball yet we laud guys like McGrath, Stuart Clark, Hazlewood who largely do/did the same thing and got wickets with subtle seam movement.
Mid 130's a touch more formiddable pace for nibbling it around.

If SOK backs it up next test, on what will undoubtedly be a less helpful surface, I am sure he will get a lot of kudos. Lyon could have easily had a bunch more wickets and SOK's performance would simply have been excellent rather than record breaking.

Mid 130's a touch more formiddable pace for nibbling it around.

If SOK backs it up next test, on what will undoubtedly be a less helpful surface, I am sure he will get a lot of kudos. Lyon could have easily had a bunch more wickets and SOK's performance would simply have been excellent rather than record breaking.

The bloke took 6/35. Twice. And has 200+ wickets @ 24 in "less helpful" Australian conditions. He's hardly a one innings wonder.

Has anyone thought about investigating India's efforts both in the field and batting.
no.1 . Our bowling wasn't exactly unplayable.
no.2 . My mother-in-law could have caught better using her arse cheeks.
no.3 . Some of those shots were not the strokes of so called elite cricketers.
no. 4 .Something's not quite right,but we'll take it.

They lost to the second ranked team in the world.

6 months ago Australia got destroyed by a team with 3 test class players, 3-0. How is one more suspicious than the other?

The bloke took 6/35. Twice. And has 200+ wickets @ 24 in "less helpful" Australian conditions. He's hardly a one innings wonder.
Well for the masses that barely follow test cricket outside outside of the home summer and the ashes, let alone shield cricket, he is exactly that, a one match wonder.

I hope he smashes it at test level but its hardly surprising he has struggled for profile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back