India vs Australia 1st Test: 23 to 27 Feb at Pune at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand all these talks about the pitch. Both teams have to bat on it so what's the problem?
Because both teams don't bat on it at the same time. A pitch that deteriorates too quickly (and/or too badly) gives too much advantage to the team batting first.

Because both teams don't bat on it at the same time. A pitch that deteriorates too quickly (and/or too badly) gives too much advantage to the team batting first.
So what? Unless the coin is rigged this makes no difference.

If winning the toss becomes critical to winning the match, the game is diminished as a contest of skill.

Some might point out at this juncture that our second innings was larger than than both their innings combined and India scored "more" in their second dig too.

I actually agree with your premise but in this instance India played poorly and we played well - as well as I can remember in India.

It should be an exciting test at Bangalore to see how India respond and if we can hold our momentum and discipline.

I was speaking generally. But the first innings lead made a big difference, and I am not entirely sure that Australia would have scored as well batting second.

And, I hear on SEN this morning they want a pitch that DOESN'T TURN next test.
I'm still laughing.
Noone can tell me that its anyone other than Virat Kohli who runs the BCCI.
But, Virat, if you leave a straight one on a non turner, to a bloke who's played 2-3 tests, guess what. You'll still get bowled again, and look like the fool that you are. LOL.

Lolololz

Indiaaaa pity ya indiaaaa pity ya

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, every time there's some extra green on a wicket here for a visiting Asian team I really hope there's a similar tear-fest.
Our pitches are true,the ball doesn't do right angles when it hits the pitch here.
Australian pitches are very neutral for both teams.
Indian curators thought they would get away with one by replacing the nrmal seaming pitch at Punes with a spinner lol.

Again, every time there's some extra green on a wicket here for a visiting Asian team I really hope there's a similar tear-fest.

Struggling to think of the last time we made a proper greentop for a touring asian side, the jan 2012 waca pitch had a bit of juice but if warner is making 180 off 160 balls then you have to say it certainly wasn't that bowler friendly, only team we have given proper green pitches for lately is SA of all teams.

The last tour by india had some of the flattest tracks i have seen and even recently vs pakistan the pitches had no life at all even the pink ball test nearly had 490 being chased down.

Last edited:
View attachment 340411

Here is a photo of Australia's greatest batsman since Bradman, being bowled without offering a shot, by South African perpetual pain in the arse Pat Symcox, a bowler who averaged 1 wicket per innings at first class level, 43 with the ball in test cricket, and who's biggest claim to fame in the sport was achieved with the bat, when he scored a century batting at 10.

So it's obvious from all the available evidence that like Kohli, Ponting had to be fixing games.
Would've been after he scored his second test 100

Struggling to think of the last time we made a proper greentop for a touring asian side, the jan 2012 waca pitch had a bit of juice but if warner is making 180 off 160 balls then you have to say it certainly wasn't that bowler friendly, only team we have given proper green pitches for lately is SA of all teams.

The last tour by india had some of the flattest tracks i have seen and even recently vs pakistan the pitches had no life at all even the pink ball test nearly had 490 being chased down.

WACA 2008 when India won. That was fairly green and like Pune, the hosts were defeated.

Our pitches are true,the ball doesn't do right angles when it hits the pitch here.
Australian pitches are very neutral for both teams.
Indian curators thought they would get away with one by replacing the nrmal seaming pitch at Punes with a spinner lol.

How are they neutral? Do the teams that thrive on bowling spin do well here and I just didn't hear about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back