India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

And we really should have at least gotten alot closer than we did.
Such an abysmal run chase in that 4th innings.

Showed a real lack of application, and it starts from Warner. Where was his application? Or is he immune to criticism?

It was a poor shot for sure.
However, other days that could have been given not out.

It was just a poor shot and it's been the same way the whole series from Warner. Ridiculously dumb batting from him. Typical of a batsman who is so overrated it isn't funny. Get the ball to move or spin and he's as good as Mitch Marsh half the time!

No way would I play 2 left arm orthodox spinners against their line up with so many right handers.

Orthodox spinners prefer right handers...their arm ball is lethal to them. It means their regular off spinner doesn't need to turn much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orthodox spinners prefer right handers...their arm ball is lethal to them. It means their regular off spinner doesn't need to turn much.
Yeah but footmarks don't come into play against right handers, we saw how ineffective O'Keefe was in the last test, if it's a pitch that suits a left arm orthodox bowler O'Keefe will get the job done, but if it isn't we'll be stuck with 2 (if we play Agar).

Yeah but footmarks don't come into play, we saw how ineffective O'Keefe was in the last test, if it's a pitch that suits a left arm orthodox bowler O'Keefe will get the job done, but if it isn't we'll be stuck with 2 (if we play Agar).

I'd rather play 3 spinners and one quick with Starc injured, with the number 6 being whatever type of AR you want. I love Cummins but I don't see him doing more than Agar, and Agar adds to our batting depth, not saying Cummins can't bat but Agar is better.

I'd rather play 3 spinners and one quick with Starc injured, with the number 6 being whatever type of AR you want. I love Cummins but I don't see him doing more than Agar, and Agar adds to our batting depth, not saying Cummins can't bat but Agar is better.
This is where we'd kill for a player like Watson, a top order batsman who can bowl decent seam.

If we played 3 spinners Stoinis would have to play.

Bit then again, without Stark there probably won't be any footmarks for the off spinners to work with.

Yep which is why I was a fraction surprised why Behrendorff wasn't the nominated replacement. That said I understand they wanted pace.

This is where we'd kill for a player like Watson, a top order batsman who can bowl decent seam.

If we played 3 spinners Stoinis would have to play.

I wouldn't be against Stoinis playing. It is a gamble but he has shown an ability to graft an innings more than Maxwell has.

I agree on watson. jeez we'd kill for a player like him right now. to think we tried to replace him with Mitch Marsh..

Toss will be crucial, lose it and we have to be batting by the end of today, if not it's game over, I'd play Bird ahead of Cummins, just don't trust Cummins to get through the game, get him right for game 4, as for the other replacement, a lot will depend on net sessions.

giphy.gif

Toss will be crucial, lose it and we have to be batting by the end of today, if not it's game over, I'd play Bird ahead of Cummins, just don't trust Cummins to get through the game, get him right for game 4, as for the other replacement, a lot will depend on net sessions.

Exactly how is Cummins going to "get right' by the 4th test by not playing? If you were doing that he'd be playing for NSW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back