India vs West Indies (2 tests, 5 ODIs and 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kohli is special. I enjoy watching him do his thing. But let's remember he was dropped on ~40 last night. Not the easiest catch but should be regulation at the top level.

Kohli is special. I enjoy watching him do his thing. But let's remember he was dropped on ~40 last night. Not the easiest catch but should be regulation at the top level.

Why do we need to remember that?

Do we need to remember how many times Gilchrist was dropped when he made his fast tonnin Perth? Do we need to remember how many times Clarke was dropped in South Africa when he weathered a sustained fast bowling attack and made 161 in Cape Town. No we don’t so fairs fair hey.

Last edited:

Almost every player who makes a 100 gets some sort of luck, so what is different about Kohli? Why do we have to remember that he got dropped on 40?

61 x 100s at international level for Kohli, all before the age of 30!

When you consider that Mike Hussey carved out 22 x international 100s after the age of 30 and that Kohli is already in the top 5 in history for this category...

I don't think he'll reach Tendulkar's insane number but he'll almost certainly finish as #2 ahead of Ponting (only 10 behind now).

He'll need to reach 37 Test tons to make the top 5 of that category, yet 'only' has 24 now. Can he do it? I think so, but it's still a while away, and he had a slowish start to his Test career, but making up lost ground in a hurry!

Brilliant player.

61 x 100s at international level for Kohli, all before the age of 30!

When you consider that Mike Hussey carved out 22 x international 100s after the age of 30 and that Kohli is already in the top 5 in history for this category...

I don't think he'll reach Tendulkar's insane number but he'll almost certainly finish as #2 ahead of Ponting (only 10 behind now).

He'll need to reach 37 Test tons to make the top 5 of that category, yet 'only' has 24 now. Can he do it? I think so, but it's still a while away, and he had a slowish start to his Test career, but making up lost ground in a hurry!

Brilliant player.

Great post.

Kholi potentially has 11 innings in Australia this summer. I wonder how many 100s he will make. I’m guessing 4. Last test series he was here he made 4 test centuries from 8 innings and last ODI series he made 2 from 5 and a 90.

He already averages 62 in tests is Australia and 50 in ODI.... yes folks that IN Australia.
I remember mark Waugh on Fox inside cricket saying kholi still needs “prove him self in Australia and South Africa” FFS what else does he need to do.
I hope he can get some support from the others batsmen so we have a close and watchable exciting series. Their fast bowling line up, even though still not near ours in Australia, have really improved and they also have some depth now as well.

Last edited:
Great post.

Kholi potentially has 11 innings in Australia this summer. I wonder how many 100s he will make. I’m guessing 4. Last test series he was here he made 4 test centuries from 8 innings and last ODI series he made 2 from 5 and a 90.

He already averages 62 in tests is Australia and 50 in ODI.... yes folks that IN Australia.
I remember mark Waugh on Fox inside cricket saying kholi still needs “prove him self in Australia and South Africa” FFS what else does he need to do.

I hope he can get some support from the others batsmen so we have a close and watchable exciting series. Their fast bowling line up, even though still not near ours in Australia, they fast bowling ranks have really improved and they also have some depth now as well.

win the (Test) series.

win the (Test) series.

Pffft, he can’t do much more himself. But yes they need to win or at last draw the test series to be considered a worthy number 1 ranked test team. And this will be their best chance ever. The last series they were here we have lost 2 of the 4 blokes who averaged over 50, Rogers and Clarke and don’t have the other 2 Warner and Smith. Let’s hope we don’t have the same roads that the curators produced last series as well. And as I said earleir, he needs support from the other Indian batsman.

Last edited:
Shai Hope is pretty decent.

Once again we rely on Kohli for chase. Pathetic. Rayudu missed a golden opportunity to prove his worth.

Kohli injured his finger. Hope it's nothing to worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good loss for India. Can't go without an all rounder ! Hope they learn from this.

This is a good loss for India. Can't go without an all rounder ! Hope they learn from this.

I hope we learn. We tend not to. Feel like we are a fair way off from being any chance at the WC. We got beaten by England in the last 2 odis pretty easily once they had Kuldeep figured out. Need more wicket taking options/tactics in the middle. Dont think Dhoni has done anything of note for a while now and yeah too much reliance on Kohli.

As for an all rounder Pandya is our best bet. Not sure why Jadhav hasn’t been picked, he’s fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we learn. We tend not to. Feel like we are a fair way off from being any chance at the WC. We got beaten by England in the last 2 odis pretty easily once they had Kuldeep figured out. Need more wicket taking options/tactics in the middle. Dont think Dhoni has done anything of note for a while now and yeah too much reliance on Kohli.

As for an all rounder Pandya is our best bet. Not sure why Jadhav hasn’t been picked, he’s fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly.

Jadhav is coming back in the next match though. Expect him to replace Pant. And we can't go with two wrist spinners in all the matches. Chahal of late is not performing well. Adding jaddu will give extra batting option too. And Dhoni's time is up. I wont be surprised if he retires after this series. This should be the lineup for WC. Since Pandya is injured, we can go with Chahal till he is recovered.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rayudu
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bumrah

Exactly.

Jadhav is coming back in the next match though. Expect him to replace Pant. And we can't go with two wrist spinners in all the matches. Chahal of late is not performing well. Adding jaddu will give extra batting option too. And Dhoni's time is up. I wont be surprised if he retires after this series. This should be the lineup for WC. Since Pandya is injured, we can go with Chahal till he is recovered.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rayudu
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bumrah
I’m confused. Are you saying Dhoni is done or he isn’t?

Didn’t realise how good/promising Hope is - they can build around he and Holder (and a more disciplined Hetmyer).

Mate the raw ability is absolutely oozing. Channeling it is the next challenge. Aside from a match winning 90 in a test against Pakistan Hope hasn’t done anything across the formats to build on his headingley test from last year but that looks like it is changing.

F*** yeah boys!

West Indies XI for WC?

E. Lewis
K. Powell
D. Bravo
S. Hope
M. Samuels
S. Hetmyer
R. Powell
J. Holder
A. Nurse
K. Roach
M. Cummins/S. Gabriel/K. Williams

Would Gayle, Russell, Pollard etc play?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

West Indies XI for WC?

E. Lewis
K. Powell
D. Bravo
S. Hope
M. Samuels
S. Hetmyer
R. Powell
J. Holder
A. Nurse
K. Roach
M. Cummins/S. Gabriel/K. Williams

Would Gayle, Russell, Pollard etc play?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gayle has indicated he wants to play. Russell is by all accounts still not fully fit, not sure on Pollard’s status.

I actually really like the look of Chandrapaul Hemraj, he’s got the shots of a class batsman. Obviously there’s a lot more to it than just hitting boundaries but he’s certainly got a tough of talent about him. Lewis’ technique needs a huge amount of work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back