Indian Premier League 2024 (22nd March-29th May)

Who will win 2024 IPL?

• Chennai Super Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mumbai Indians

• Gujarat Titans

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Rajasthan Royals

• Lucknow Super Giants

• Royal Challengers Bangalore

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Delhi Capitals

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Punjab Kings

• Kolkata Knight Riders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder how he'll perform on the pitches in the West Indies which won't be as batter friendly as we're seeing here or what we may see in the US.
People had question marks over his ability in India before the start of this tournament. Having watched a fair bit of the CPL, it might take a few games to get the gist ? But definitely the guys that have toured that part of the world before, have an advantage knowing the conditions etc.

I'd love to know how people outside of India feel about this. Two months of home run derbies isn't cricket as far as I'm concerned. I still enjoy watching people like Yuzi Chahal, Ravi Ashwin and Kuldeep Yadav bowl but I'm struggling to enjoy this year's IPL
The interesting thing will be to see is if this trend of 250+ scores continues into the Major League Cricket and Hundred later this year. If that's the case, we could be in for a new normal, and competitions will need to to give more to the bowlers to even it up.

Game 44:

Here are the Impact substitutes for both the teams:

Lucknow Super Giants Impact Subs:
Amit Mishra, Arshin Kulkarni, Krishnappa Gowtham, Yudhvir Singh Charak, Manimaran Siddharth

Rajasthan Royals Impact Subs: Riyan Parag, Shubham Dubey, Navdeep Saini, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Tanush Kotian

Teams:

Rajasthan Royals
(Playing XI): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson(w/c), Rovman Powell, Shimron Hetmyer, Dhruv Jurel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Yuzvendra Chahal

Lucknow Super Giants (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock, KL Rahul(w/c), Marcus Stoinis, Deepak Hooda, Nicholas Pooran, Ayush Badoni, Krunal Pandya, Matt Henry, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohsin Khan, Yash Thakur

Rajasthan Royals have won the toss and have opted to field

The interesting thing will be to see is if this trend of 250+ scores continues into the Major League Cricket and Hundred later this year. If that's the case, we could be in for a new normal, and competitions will need to to give more to the bowlers to even it up.
Do either of those comps have the impact player rule?

Surely something is broken if teams are getting 250+ in a T20 every game.

It just sounds like to me without watching the ball the IPL has turned into Stick Cricket/Cricket 07.

These players are in for a shock come the T20 World Cup, Windies will have some slow pitches where 140 will be a good score, batsmen are going to flop bad going from this to that LMAO.

Surely something is broken if teams are getting 250+ in a T20 every game.

It just sounds like to me without watching the ball the IPL has turned into Stick Cricket/Cricket 07.

Pitches are roads, must be what India want, I believe it makes a better tournament when 160-180 is a excellent score.

All they need to do is put some life into the pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting move paying 4.8million for a loose left arm quick if the pitches were going to be this flat LMAO.

6 wickets at 47.83 with economy rate of 11.48

What's gonna stop the Americans creating roads? The has heavy interest from the IPL, and all these Americans would love to see homeruns every ball
West Indies wickets are generally low and slow.

Unless the BCCI have sent there men over early or $$$$ to start doing the wickets like the IPL.

Back