Indian Wells 2018 (5th-18th March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Chung isn't going to win any GS outside of the FO if he doesn't improve his serve. After a tight tussle in the first set, Fed just dominated him. Only Delpo can stop him from the remaining players.
Chung won't even win the French if he can't improve his serve significantly. It's actually pathetic for a player of his height and physical ability. Still, it can be done as Djokovic showed earlier in his career.

Chung won't even win the French if he can't improve his serve significantly. It's actually pathetic for a player of his height and physical ability. Still, it can be done as Djokovic showed earlier in his career.
The only reason I listed the FO was because very good servers are often negated there, and those with a mediocre serve can be relatively successful due to the surface. So if it's any GS he'll win, it's there.

Lost opportunity for Coric was up a break twice in the 3rd set including at 4-3. Missed a shot down the line wide when he had an open court for 5-3.

Delpo in control against Raonic - 6-2 3-1.

Lost opportunity indeed but he made a real contest of it and showed he is able for the big stage. Federer went into that semi at absolutely absurdly short odds but Coric easily outplayed his odds and showed he is a player who can hope and expect to arrive at Masters semis again. Unlike so many he wasn't beaten before he started.

Delpo is under a lot of pressure in this final. His record in really big finals is not at all good. He has lost several Masters finals and never won any. It really is noteworthy that a player of his status in the game has never actually made the breakthrough at Masters level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delpo is under a lot of pressure in this final. His record in really big finals is not at all good. He has lost several Masters finals and never won any. It really is noteworthy that a player of his status in the game has never actually made the breakthrough at Masters level.
I wouldn't say he is under any great deal of pressure externally. He's playing Federer who will go in as the favourite. Internally might be a different story. At the moment Del Potro looks like one of the very few players who can challenge Roger.

I think I heard earlier that in his 3 masters finals he took Murray, Rafa and Novak to 3 sets. No disgrace losing to those 3. If it wasn't for his injuries his record would be much better. By putting the matches together this year this is his 3rd final.

Fed has just levelled it 1-1. He is not at his best but pure clutch in that second set. Federer has ice in his veins.

Delpo should have this won already. Is he going to blow it? I am a fed fan but I'm kinda rooting for Delpo.

Delpo now with the Grand Slam, Davis Cup, YEC runner-up, Games Silver and Bronze, a M1000, heaps of 500s. Nice little resume there. And not to mention his increasingly mythic comeback cycles. A new career peak ranking and AO SF (slam SF set) would do nicely before his body plays up again. Cilic has the Wimbledon final and Zverev and Dimitrov have North American hardcourt Masters to defend, so No.3 could be up for grabs heading into the USO (if not earlier).

Last edited:
Naomi Osaka won as well and did the most hilariously awkward speech

Awkward girl is going places. After being a steady improver since turning pro, Osaka stalled somewhat last season after starting inside the top 50 and falling out by the year's end. She then went on to secure the services of Sascha Bajin who has worked with Serena, Vika and most recently Woz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back