Bannockburn
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys,Notre Dame
Re: P Manning

crazy_big_al said:
This guy is nuts, he is going to kill marino record. 6TD's today

He starts behind the best offensive line in the NFL IMO. Add to that the amount of weapons he has to use Harrison and Wayne are quality. Stokely is the threat in the slot and Pollard and Clark are two very good Tight ends. When you throw in an in form Edgerrin James they are scary.

Give Peyton enough time in the pocket and he will tear you apart. He will ******** in 50+ touchdowns this year.

Re: P Manning

The entire Indy offense is firing. Don't get me wrong, Manning is a very good quaterback and probably the best team leader in the NFL, but his receivers are making him look good. They are all hungry for the ball and are running routes hard. When their not receiving, they're blocking. But most improtantly they aren't dropping catches or fumbling the ball, and more often than not are gaining yards after the catch. A couple of the TD's scored today, were due more to the skill of the receivers than anything Manning did.

The offense line has to take a lot of the credit as both the running game and the passing game are working a treat. I tend to agree with marcuz that they're probably the best going around at the moment. All in all, Indy seem to have a near perfect offense atm.

The defense is always the question mark, and until they contain a team that can control possession of the ball better than some they have played of late the doubts will linger. When your offense is putting points up as quickly as Indy do, it causes the opposition to push for big plays and consequently easier to defend.

Remember that Indy is 4-3 against AFC opponents and are 4-0 against NFC teams. Says a lot about NFC offenses. But with 5 games remaining against AFC opponents, including divisional rivals Houston (A) and Tennessee, and a tough three games leading into the payoffs against Baltimore, San Deigo and Denver (A), it is still possible they might not even win their division.

Re: Are the Colts mud Larks ??

JeffDunne said:
The entire Indy offense is firing. Don't get me wrong, Manning is a very good quaterback and probably the best team leader in the NFL, but his receivers are making him look good.
JeffDunne said:
Very true... but add to the fact that Peyton is the first QB in NFL history to throw at least 4K yards in five consecutive seasons. Currently leads with 3196 yards from Culpepper and Green. What is missing from Peyton's resume is a Championship ring to rate a mention with the greats. Simple as that.
Interesting that Edgar James is leading the rushing also.

Remember that Indy is 4-3 against AFC opponents and are 4-0 against NFC teams. Says a lot about NFC offenses. But with 5 games remaining against AFC opponents, including divisional rivals Houston (A) and Tennessee, and a tough three games leading into the payoffs against Baltimore, San Deigo and Denver (A), it is still possible they might not even win their division.

My word...those last three games for the Colts will test them every inch and consider how much is riding on determining a play-off race with three divisions to be decided. Gotta love these situations...virtual play-offs !! Last season the Broncos beat the Colts@RCA Dome 17-31 in the Colt's heaviest margin loss (Week 16) but trounced the Broncos 41-10 two weeks later in the WildCard Play-off @ home. The Broncos won't forget that loss in a hurry considering the Broncos beat the Colts in OT when they last played at Mile High in 2002. (Late Nov) but this game in Week 17 will be in a climate that the Colts may not have experienced for some time.

Re: Consider this thought....

crazy_big_al said:
I think that the packers have the best line
Best STRAIGHT line of fans to file out of a stadium before half time..... ;)

Interesting if Indy will be looking at resting Manning and a few other stars come Week 17 if they have clinched thier division. The Broncos may just sneak in.

LoneStar

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2004
30.02° N x 95.15° W
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Broncos

Woodson said:
Best STRAIGHT line of fans to file out of a stadium before half time..... ;)

Interesting if Indy will be looking at resting Manning and a few other stars come Week 17 if they have clinched thier division. The Broncos may just sneak in.
I don't think Dungee will rest Manning or his receivers unless one of them is a little dinged up. James...Maybe. Saw the Indianapolis-Houston game on television last week and the Colts need to find a way to stop the run up the middle. Pittsburgh could be a huge roadblock if they don't.

LoneStar said:
I don't think Dungee will rest Manning or his receivers unless one of them is a little dinged up. James...Maybe. Saw the Indianapolis-Houston game on television last week and the Colts need to find a way to stop the run up the middle. Pittsburgh could be a huge roadblock if they don't.
The Colts will be under the pump vs Baltimore against the run in that case.

It's quite interesting that Peyton & Harrison are going to create history in being the best passer & reciever combo. All these records would mean NUFIN' if the Colts can't make it to a SB let alone win one in the next few seasons including this season. Hard to believe considering that Dungy is known as a defensive Guru and thier D is vunerable.

Finally the Colts play a quality opponent since Jax and I'll be watching this game with alot of interest. Sunday Night Football will be a cracker.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Peyton Manning = Nathan Buckley

He has the same look when a teammate doesn't perform to FIGJAM standards.

Dasher39

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2003
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Arsenal
Re: Peyton Manning = Nathan Buckley

Half Time and still no TD passes for Peyton. Would this be the first time he hasnt thrown a TD in a half this season??

I can see him equalling the 48 TD passes this game, as for passing it....thats up in the air at the moment!

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens

It is the first time, yeah.

Sorry, but the titans held payton without a score back in week 2 if you care to check it out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dasher39

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2003
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Arsenal

He finished with just the one TD for the game. After such a big build up, it was a huge anti-climax!!

Next week he should be able to achieve it, cant see him being held like this for 2 weeks in a row!

ZimZum

All Australian
Dec 3, 2003
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, North Adelaide

Porthos said:
He has the same look when a teammate doesn't perform to FIGJAM standards.

A couple of times I think he was more dissappointed with himself. As for comparing him to FIGJAM, if FIGJAM had the ball on the 3 yard line he would of thrown a pass. Peyton did the team thing and handed off to James for the easiest of TDs.

Portia

#DrewBlood
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens

Yeah, but the real FIGJAM moment came when he was on 4th & 1 and wanted to make the play, but was advised to go with the field goal attempt as the overly safe option...that failed.

The face he made afterwards would've made Bucks proud.

Porthos said:
Yeah, but the real FIGJAM moment came when he was on 4th & 1 and wanted to make the play, but was advised to go with the field goal attempt as the overly safe option...that failed.

I think Bucks is far more animated than the cool headed Peyton who was abit annoyed. So what. Peyton has competent teamates whereas Bucks wishes he has/had. :D

ZimZum

All Australian
Dec 3, 2003
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, North Adelaide

Porthos said:

There have been studies conducted showing that it is a better option to go for 4th and short than to punt or kick a field goal. Everyone but the coaches want to go for 4th and short. I was dissappointed that they didn't go for it. You can get one yard witha QB sneak for christs sake.

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies

Peyton Manning will have the greatest ever season by a QB by the end of the year. He will quite possibly end up the greatest NFL player of all time. Nathan Buckley should be embarrassed to be compared to the 100 million dollar man.

coasting said:
Peyton Manning will have the greatest ever season by a QB by the end of the year. He will quite possibly end up the greatest NFL player of all time. Nathan Buckley should be embarrassed to be compared to the 100 million dollar man.

Well said Coasting. Nathan who ?? pffft :p

Portia

#DrewBlood
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens

Hey, at least Bucks performs in the big games.

kristin5

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2001
VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos

I think it's a great comparison - they are both players who excel at their chosen sports (though Peyton's no where near as good looking as Nath ;) )

As for the FIGJAM comparison though, I watched Peyton's game and didn't notice any such behaviour and I think you'll find Nath doesn't do it anymore either (if in fact he ever did - it's just sour grapes from a Port supporter, cos he didn't want to play for Port Power)! :)

balmainforever said:
Sorry, but the titans held payton without a score back in week 2 if you care to check it out

PLAYER STATISTICS
Colts ( 1-1-0 )
PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
P. Manning 24/33 254 2 0

Uh no, sorry.

LoneStar

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2004
30.02° N x 95.15° W
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Broncos

PM father was a good NFL QB and PM grew up around NFL and was touted as the best high school QB in country. He came out of college at Tennesee with a bit of a FIGJAM rep, but soon put that to bed at Indianapolis.
He has consistently shown he is willing to do the little things to win...watches hours and hours of video, spends a lot of time in off-season working with his receivers and runningbacks that are willing to put in the extra time with him.
PMs high standards/goals he has set for himself and his desire to win will result in some emotion displayed on the field, but he has not shared any blame for Colt failures with any of his teammates. If he has a FIGJAM attitude, he hides it extremely well!

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies
Indi sign Corey Simon

I don't know how they could afford to sign him with all their mega multi-million dollar contracts but I think they just moved themselves into superbowl favourites. While Peyton Manning has been unstoppable their D has been a weak link, but it just got alot better. Personally I think they have been very unlucky the last few years not to get to the big dance but they now my new tip to go all the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back