Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts GM Chris Ballard confirmed Matt Eberflus will be the team's defensive coordinator despite Josh McDaniels backing out on his agreement as head coach.

McDaniels "hired" three assistants in preparation for the job, including Eberflus, DL coach Mike Phair, and OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo, before bailing on the gig Tuesday night. Eberflus and Ballard already have a prior connection, and Ballard said the team will do right by the three coaches, keeping them on the staff under the new head coach. Eberflus is going to run a 4-3 scheme.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Colts GM Chris Ballard confirmed Matt Eberflus will be the team's defensive coordinator despite Josh McDaniels backing out on his agreement as head coach.

McDaniels "hired" three assistants in preparation for the job, including Eberflus, DL coach Mike Phair, and OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo, before bailing on the gig Tuesday night. Eberflus and Ballard already have a prior connection, and Ballard said the team will do right by the three coaches, keeping them on the staff under the new head coach. Eberflus is going to run a 4-3 scheme.

Bit of an ask to pair a HC with 3 guys that he's had no say on working with...

I like ME but not sure this will work.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit of an ask to pair a HC with 3 guys that he's had no say on working with...

I like ME but not sure this will work.
It could end up working and there being a new relationship between these coaches moving forward, where they hire each other at other teams they work for. Like they started off McDabiels guys, and could end up being say Reich's guys too. Building new working relationships bound to happen around the NFL given the mass turnover of staff and mix and match that happens every year.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It could end up working and there being a new relationship between these coaches moving forward, where they hire each other at other teams they work for. Like they started off McDabiels guys, and could end up being say Reich's guys too. Building new working relationships bound to happen around the NFL given the mass turnover of staff and mix and match that happens every year.

I very much hope so because if the new HC can form a good relationship with these coordinators then we're not in as bad a place as people may think.

Pick 3 without the need (hopefully) for a QB and that could lead to a nice trade down to 5 or 6 and grabbing more picks and still landing the player we want. I hope it's Nelson... bit of man love there. We need a player like him.

We have cap space to blow too.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Im hoping and praying for frank reich honestly he gets me a lot more excited than mcsnake ever did great young offensive mind perfect for andrew.

I'm with you on Reich.

It sounds like it's down to Reich, Campbell and Frazier.

I want nothing to do with Frazier. I'll be fuming if we hire him, but I honestly don't think we will.

Campbell could be OK. I think he would certainly get the players in the best shape and there would be no bullshit on the team with him in charge. I just dunno if you can have a coach who can barely read plays.

Reich the one for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those unaware, Frank Reich holds an a monumental moment in sport / Buffalo Bills history. Enjoy Colts fans.. you have an unheralded saviour.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
For those unaware, Frank Reich holds an a monumental moment in sport / Buffalo Bills history. Enjoy Colts fans.. you have an unheralded saviour.

This came up in my subscriptions two weeks ago; Love a good choke story

edit; added in the video below is another Reich comeback from his college days, down 31-0 in the Orange Bowl vs Miami !! :eek:

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
New Colts coach Frank Reich has pledged to have a "strong element of no huddle" in his offense.

"We will be a multiple, attack, uptempo offense," Reich said. "We will be aggressive." It's fairly boilerplate — when was the last time a new coach pledged to be conservative on offense? — but the no-huddle element is intriguing. Many coaches still seem unduly wary of the no huddle, even when it works well for their offense. It's typically a boon for quarterbacks, and surely would be for Andrew Luck. Reich also insisted he was not concerned with Luck's slow recovery from shoulder surgery.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Colts coach Frank Reich has pledged to have a "strong element of no huddle" in his offense.

"We will be a multiple, attack, uptempo offense," Reich said. "We will be aggressive." It's fairly boilerplate — when was the last time a new coach pledged to be conservative on offense? — but the no-huddle element is intriguing. Many coaches still seem unduly wary of the no huddle, even when it works well for their offense. It's typically a boon for quarterbacks, and surely would be for Andrew Luck. Reich also insisted he was not concerned with Luck's slow recovery from shoulder surgery.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

I loved his press conference.

Character means alot to this guy so we can be rest assured that the Colts will be bringing the right people (players included) into the team.

We'll wait and see how he goes as a HC.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was literally just about to post this here, this is the only trade I've seen that I'd even consider for Luck.

Would be absolutely massive if it happened though, would set us up for an instant rebuild.
How many times does a Luck type franchise qb come around tho? What are you drafting? Chubb Barkley and Darnold/QB?? Or trading down one of those picks and sticking up on defensive players. Aiming for a top D and then rely on vet QB or Allen/ROOKIE QB to take you to the next level that Luck alone wasn't able to do?

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
How many times does a Luck type franchise qb come around tho? What are you drafting? Chubb Barkley and Darnold/QB?? Or trading down one of those picks and sticking up on defensive players. Aiming for a top D and then rely on vet QB or Allen/ROOKIE QB to take you to the next level that Luck alone wasn't able to do?

This is my view on it.

You trade Luck (close to a top 5 QB) for Chubb and Barkley and a significant downgrade at QB.

Unless we gave Jacoby a chance and drafted those two and Nelson or Edmunds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back