Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is my view on it.

You trade Luck (close to a top 5 QB) for Chubb and Barkley and a significant downgrade at QB.

Unless we gave Jacoby a chance and drafted those two and Nelson or Edmunds.
RB class is deep. Just hold onto Luck. Draft Chubb. A RB later. More D and OL pieces. And Bob is your uncle.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Would I be crazy to say take Edmunds?

He’s my favourite

Chubb's a difference maker on defence, thats not to say Edmunds doesn't have the potential to be great, but pass rushers who can get to and put pressure on a QB constantly make everyone elses job on defence easier (see the Jags). Im a big believer in investing in the DLine first and working back from there.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Chubb's a difference maker on defence, thats not to say Edmunds doesn't have the potential to be great, but pass rushers who can get to and put pressure on a QB constantly make everyone elses job on defence easier. Im a big believer in investing in the DLine first and working back from there.

This is all true.

Hopefully I’ve made a call by the mock draft.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
4x picks in the 2nd round. All 4 were absolute reaches, while quality players at positions of need were left on the board.

Dismal day 2 for the Colts, kudos to Ballard for getting us in these positions with multiple valuable picks, but they've gotta strike gold and he's missed woefully today.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts HC Frank Reich said Andrew Luck still isn't throwing the football.

Reich said everything is going to plan and Luck is doing "exceptionally well." It's not a surprise he's coming along slowly — GM Chris Ballard said Luck wouldn't throw until training camp — but it remains startling that Luck hasn't thrown a live pass since Jan. 1, 2017, which was 496 days ago. He turns 29 in September.
Related: Colts

Source: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts HC Frank Reich said Andrew Luck still isn't throwing the football.

Reich said everything is going to plan and Luck is doing "exceptionally well." It's not a surprise he's coming along slowly — GM Chris Ballard said Luck wouldn't throw until training camp — but it remains startling that Luck hasn't thrown a live pass since Jan. 1, 2017, which was 496 days ago. He turns 29 in September.

Source: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Training Camp has been what I've been hearing for months now.

It's worrying, but I'm just going to let it ride until TC and if he's still not throwing, will be time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Andrew Luck has stated that he wants to be ready for a full training camp.

He's been throwing and yes, he's been throwing the NFL sized ball, he's said himself that he's throwing the "duke" not not in front of the media. Chester Rodgers posted a video of himself catching footballs at Stanford. It's very likely the thrower was Luck.

With Luck, the Colts can compete for playoffs, without him they win 3 to 4 games.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Ballin%2527%2BElbow.gif

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Andrew Luck went 19-of-22, including 12-of-14 in 11-on-11 situations, in the Colts' first full-padded practice Sunday.

It's not exactly a regular season game, but Colts beat raved throughout the evening as Luck returned to form. It was his first full-padded practice since the end of the 2016 season. Luck reportedly hit T.Y. Hilton in stride for two gains of 30-plus yards and had a touchdown pass dropped by Jack Doyle. If Luck continues to progress and takes the field in Indy's preseason opener, it will be his first game action in 19 months.

Source: Kevin Bowen on Twitter

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Herald Bulletin's George Bremer reports Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton are "definitely in sync" in the early days at Colts camp.

By all accounts, Luck has looked tremendous in the first week-plus of training camp. He went 16-of-19 passing in team drills on Wednesday with receivers dropping two of the incompletions. Hilton has enjoyed a fine offseason and looks to be a true bounce-back threat after a sluggish 2017 with Jacoby Brissett under center. Hilton can out-produce his rising middle-third-round ADP.

Source: George Bremer on Twitter

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
On a less positive note, Jack Mewhort announced his retirement today.

Poor guy. Jack was a good footballer, but the injuries have just taken their toll on him. I think he re-injured a knee or hurt himself again and that led to the retirement.

All the best, great guy and could have been a great player. * injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back