Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Footy Junkie just doesn't get it

FootyJunkie said:
oh, if only the NFL would adopt an AFL style 32 team ladder and rid itself of this NFC-AFC outdated rubbish

Not as simple as you claim it. Remember the USA have thier own structure, big country with many teams scattered throughout, the whole schooling process also and to put it into context, the travel & organisation would be too much >> you know Manhatten has more ppl than Australia alone?? think about that.
On the flipside, the draft picks work the same way only the AFL are so much 'outdated' and play the spoon feed the weak with the garbage 'priority picks' system :p . Got ya there.

The NFL divisions were re-aligned properly only 6 years ago and it's a system that fits well with the whole country structure.

Actually there was a time only 10 years ago when the AFL seriously thought about dividing the AFL into divisions.

Btw, if you aren't a fan of the NFL game, footyjunkie, what is your problem anyway?

Re: Can the Saints put points up vs Pats ?

JeffDunne said:
Doubt it Woodson.

If the O-Line improve dramatically then maybe . . . but I still think the Pat's will move the ball easily and put this one away early. The Saints offense can be a threat if the O-Line can provide at least some protection, but of late that hasn't looked likely.

Considering the Saints got 17 points against the stingy Bears, there is hope.

On the flipside,
Gotta love Tedy Bruschi, the way he applies himself and stands up as a one player D especially after his 'stroke' has me admiring him even more. This guy is something else.

Re: Who can beat the colts

danielz_23 said:
I GUARANTEE that Cincinatti wont beat them.

As much as I tend to agree with you I think you just can't undersell any home team above .500 that has an explosive offense like Cinci. The Colts have had a soft draw and playing outdoors can also be a factor. Danger game for INDY and I'll still pick INDY but not as a strong pick. On the flipside, I trust you'll have INDY as your top pick this week ??

Woodson said:
20 Miami Dolphins 20
The Dolphins continue to play a scrappy brand of football, but they're still a year or two away from a talent standpoint. The funny thing is they were 5 yards away from possibly being in first place.
***Five yards ???? can someone explain that comment?***

[

they had 1st and goal from the 5 against the patriots and frerotte missed all 4 passes. if we won, we would've had a share of first place in the afc east

Re: Can the Saints put points up vs Pats ?

Woodson said:
Considering the Saints got 17 points against the stingy Bears, there is hope.
And the impotent offense of the Bears put up 20pts against our defense.

If Dillon doesn't play this week then we have a chance, but the Pats will beat us purely from a coaching perspective. AB has trouble reading defenses at the best of times and I shudder to think of him having to throw too much this week. Our ground game is still solid without Deuce, but we're ususally behind on the scoreboard and Haslett loses all faith in it.

On the flipside,
Gotta love Tedy Bruschi, the way he applies himself and stands up as a one player D especially after his 'stroke' has me admiring him even more. This guy is something else.
Agree. He's the sort of defensive leader the Saints lack.

Lenny Briscoe said:
they had 1st and goal from the 5 against the patriots and frerotte missed all 4 passes. if we won, we would've had a share of first place in the afc east
Thanx LB

I saw that snap to the QB shin, worked wonders !!! Miami just have to get sloppy abit to make plays happen. Too predicable otherwise.

Did anyone see El Randle's 51 yd pass from the end around play to Hines Ward who bolted into the endzone ?? :D That's the type of plays that I'm hoping will break the Colts D up. El Randle is SLASH mk2.

Woodson said:
Thanx LB

I saw that snap to the QB shin, worked wonders !!! Miami just have to get sloppy abit to make plays happen. Too predicable otherwise.

Did anyone see El Randle's 51 yd pass from the end around play to Hines Ward who bolted into the endzone ?? :D That's the type of plays that I'm hoping will break the Colts D up. El Randle is SLASH mk2.

i saw it, it was a great way to open it up a bit, but it was only cleveland remember

by the way, his name is randle el, not el randle

Woodson said:
As much as I tend to agree with you I think you just can't undersell any home team above .500 that has an explosive offense like Cinci. The Colts have had a soft draw and playing outdoors can also be a factor. Danger game for INDY and I'll still pick INDY but not as a strong pick. On the flipside, I trust you'll have INDY as your top pick this week ??

Yeah I understand that.

My perspective is that the Bengals wins have come against Cleveland, Minnesota, Chicago, Houston, Tennessee, Green Bay and Baltimore. Beaten by Jacksonville & Pittsburgh. Looking at it none of these teams have any offensive power this year (I say this because this Colts is 2nd to none).

Looking at it Indianapolis has beaten the same teams but also jacksonville and st louis and new england. by no means powerhouses this year but still... the colts are undefeated and i'd have every confidence that it would stay this way.

The Bengals havent met a challenge and succeded yet. We all know the Colts have, can, and will.

danielz_23 said:
Yeah I understand that.

My perspective is that the Bengals wins have come against Cleveland, Minnesota, Chicago, Houston, Tennessee, Green Bay and Baltimore. Beaten by Jacksonville & Pittsburgh. Looking at it none of these teams have any offensive power this year (I say this because this Colts is 2nd to none).

Looking at it Indianapolis has beaten the same teams but also jacksonville and st louis and new england. by no means powerhouses this year but still... the colts are undefeated and i'd have every confidence that it would stay this way.

The Bengals havent met a challenge and succeded yet. We all know the Colts have, can, and will.

Is this the same Indianapolis Colts team that is yet to play in a Superbowl, let alone win one??

The Colts wouldn't want to lose....then they would be only one loss away from potentially playing another AFC Championship game on the road in a cold, hostile environment.

Re: Footy Junkie just doesn't get it

Woodson said:
Not as simple as you claim it. Remember the USA have thier own structure, big country with many teams scattered throughout, the whole schooling process also and to put it into context, the travel & organisation would be too much >> you know Manhatten has more ppl than Australia alone?? think about that.
On the flipside, the draft picks work the same way only the AFL are so much 'outdated' and play the spoon feed the weak with the garbage 'priority picks' system :p . Got ya there.

The NFL divisions were re-aligned properly only 6 years ago and it's a system that fits well with the whole country structure.

Actually there was a time only 10 years ago when the AFL seriously thought about dividing the AFL into divisions.

Btw, if you aren't a fan of the NFL game, footyjunkie, what is your problem anyway?

i don't mind NFL, i followed it when i lived in the States, but it does bother me that under the current conference system, we will never get to see a Bears v Packers Super Bowl when on a given year that may actually be the match-up that should happen to decide to championship

divisions are good for the established rivalries and to organize so many teams, but why the conferences? the NFL-AFL merger in 1970 was so long ago, now, Super Bowl teams don't really care about being a conference champion, representing their "league" in the big one, they just want to win it against whoever the opposition is

Re: Bottom Line

FootyJunkie said:
i don't mind NFL, i followed it when i lived in the States, but it does bother me that under the current conference system, we will never get to see a Bears v Packers Super Bowl when on a given year that may actually be the match-up that should happen to decide to championship

divisions are good for the established rivalries and to organize so many teams, but why the conferences? the NFL-AFL merger in 1970 was so long ago, now, Super Bowl teams don't really care about being a conference champion, representing their "league" in the big one, they just want to win it against whoever the opposition is

That's always been a bone of contention that gets bought up for discussion every few seasons when two teams from the same conference DOMINATE the league and only one can represent the conference even though that maybe the third or fourth best team have beaten the opposition conference SB team representative. Part & parcel of the the system. Call it a flaw but only one team can win the championship and that's the bottom line.

flamethrower said:
The Colts wouldn't want to lose....then they would be only one loss away from potentially playing another AFC Championship game on the road in a cold, hostile environment.

I think it goes deeper than that. The Colts may well be playing @ home during the play-offs BUT the calibre of the opposition will be more tougher than thier soft opposition has been this season. Thier SB season really starts this week as Cinci has ALOT to PROVE to the doubters and I can't see a blow out happening, considering the Colts haven't been overly convincing as much as last season. Playing safe is great but they just play in a weak division that doesn't help them much. Wouldn't surprise if Cinci pull the bunny outta the hat and stun the Colts with thier defensive strength >>> INT take aways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel's Brag Thread for when Indianapolis win

Well here it is guys... thank you very much. I dont want to hear excuses and other rubbish, I said they would win and they won. Sure things were said such as the no interceptions along the way but the underlying fact was I was convinced they would win and they did.

Well that makes me 5-0.

Just had a feeling about the Colts, and never was convinced about the Baltimore offense.

Apologies accepted in writing gents....:D

Where were you when I needed you all week!!

I 'd be surprised if Manning doesn't get his rattled early as the Ravens are ultra aggressive in pass rush. Sure, Manning will find holes but one poorly directed pass = TAKING BACK TO THE HOUSE ! :)

Nothing went to the house!!

Something to consider is that Manning is one guy, while the Ravens D is numerous guys. Sure, there's the impenetrable OL. But I mean, they just have to put Manning off his game, as at some point a pass has to ensure. Some pressure, tight coverage, great confusing defensive schemes, etc. If the Ravens cover the receivers well enough and Manning is forced to hurry, especially the heat of the battle, 3rd and long situations, then he will push passes or go for that little extra, which may result in INTs or just a shtload of incompletions on crucial downs.

Indianapolis is a team - Manning is a significant contributor... dont forget the other guys though!

Danielz is pushing the ticket to 'get on the Manning bandwagon' early so he can lead the charge. Somebody has to cover that base. I agree g.g., don't
think Danielz has taken into account how ruthless & aggressive the Ravens D will be when it comes down to the CRUNCH. If Danielz wants to keep harping on last weeks game...well, do we need to remind him that 3 INT were thrown and the RAVENS will also PUT PHYSICAL PRESSURE on Manning which is something the Chiefs were NOT expected to do and really didn't. 9-0 up at HT vs the Chiefs. A BIG WORRY !! McNair >> Trent Green.

The Colts won't win with same offense strategy as last week (imo). The Ravens D isn't the Chiefs D and they won't be playing a smiliar type of game. The Chiefs didn't dare allow Manning to throw to his receivers in man coverage. The Ravens D will. If Manning is at his best then he will if he's not then the Ravens D will score. This game is on him, not the defense.

I would say they just did.

this game is gonna be big, and it is gonna be even bigger if we win after having to put up with danielz_23's man crush on manning and the colts all week, i am a ravens fan and havent talked up my team anywhere near as much as he has talked up a tema he doesnt even support

I love manning ;)

I'm sure I could have found better quotes but just wanted to call out to my fans this week.

Enjoy game two guys - unsure but I think it will be low scoring... under 40... thats what I bet on anyway

Go the Patriots.... = Colts Home Field

Re: Daniel's Brag Thread for when Indianapolis win

Indianapolis is a team - Manning is a significant contributor... dont forget the other guys though!

The SMART side of INDY most refused to believe exsisted including me. :eek:

No different to the Steelers of last year, Big Ben was a significant contributor in the SB and the low 22% rating just shows how statistics can be grossly OVERATED...and make a schmuck of anyone on any given day. Well done Colts. You deserved it.

I knew Danielz wasn't making this cover story up, he was building a grand bandwagon for all to enjoy....is it too late to hop onboard. ;)

The SMART side of INDY most refused to believe exsisted including me. :eek:

No different to the Steelers of last year, Big Ben was a significant contributor in the SB and the low 22% rating just shows how statistics can be grossly OVERATED...and make a schmuck of anyone on any given day. Well done Colts. You deserved it.

I knew Danielz wasn't making this cover story up, he was building a grand bandwagon for all to enjoy....is it too late to hop onboard. ;)

Dont worry. The wins are happening in the weirdest ways but I didnt think Baltimore had much offensive power to much anything Indy could generate and I thought that would be at least 20-27

Next step... watch the odds tighten up now, they could have a championship game at home - surely the offence will wake up?. Should have got on it!! I went the match but multied it with phil-new orl under 48.... just for fun

I've got to say that while I was impressed with the Colts Defense the Ravens O straight out choked. The Indy O did pretty much what I expected them too, despite Manning being too chicken **** to step up into the pocket. I don't understand why they persist with Addai against hard hitting linebackers. Between him and Manning I'm not sure who'd have the worst pee stains in their jocks. Rhodes should have been invloved early. They did enough to win so congrat's to them, but Manning has done nothing to change my perception of him in big games. He got pretty good protection at times but made bad passes off the back foot rather than stepping up into the pocket and drilling the pass. He was very, very lucky on a few plays.

Manning better hope the Chargers choke tomorrow because Merriman will kill him if he does it against them.

Manning better hope the Chargers choke tomorrow because Merriman will kill him if he does it against them.

Careful what you wish for, JD. ;)

but I can't get over...

The dissapointment of seeing the 'pretender Ravens' lift thier ante for my Steelers like it was ALL or nothing and then when it comes to 'THIS is The play-offs - where it all matters' and the same Ravens were gun shy...oh well, dspeed has to live with the almighty shame...the unrelenting D of his 'two steps + better Raven D' :rolleyes: but tthe real shame is the H U M I L I A T I O N at home by a 32nd STONE COLD MOTHERLESS LAST RANKED run D :D that stopped Jamal Lewis in his tracks...well, the actual O coz thier qb 'donkeyboy' McNair stunk up the place with an inept performance.... (yes, I was warned but thought Jamal could do the job) :eek:

Danielz has the mystical power this week. :)

been at work all day, just watched the game and needless to say very disappointed, well done to the colts, you may have got the team right danielz_23, but in my opinion not much else, the game didn't go how you said at all, manning still didn't show much in the pressure of playoffs, so until he proves otherwise to me he won't be able to overcome either the chargers or pats next week

Next week will be as far as the Colt's will go. They will have to face either Tomlinson & Merriman or Brady & Bellicheck in the Playoffs. If the Pats win, I wouldn't be suprised if they go into next week with a 4-3 defence given the Colt's have had a hard time against it in this years playoffs. Also, when was the last time the Colt's defence put up 3 straight games in a row where they played exceptionally well.

Well here it is guys... thank you very much. I dont want to hear excuses and other rubbish, I said they would win and they won. Sure things were said such as the no interceptions along the way but the underlying fact was I was convinced they would win and they did.

dare you to tell us without hestitation INDY are going ALL THE WAY... c'mon danielz, finish what ya started...don't forget, I initally cranked you up for INDY... ;)

btw ....one of those Peyton picks surely has to GO BACK TO THE HOUSE... just to keep it real :) :p

been at work all day, just watched the game and needless to say very disappointed, well done to the colts, you may have got the team right danielz_23, but in my opinion not much else, the game didn't go how you said at all, manning still didn't show much in the pressure of playoffs, so until he proves otherwise to me he won't be able to overcome either the chargers or pats next week

Lets not be a sore loser now!

I've already pointed out that I didnt think the Baltimore offense had anything... that McNair was overrated... that the Ravens wouldnt be able to match the Colts points... and yes that they could get away with the same game plan as last week. cmon man. You cant play this game... haha

Lets not be a sore loser now!

I've already pointed out that I didnt think the Baltimore offense had anything... that McNair was overrated... that the Ravens wouldnt be able to match the Colts points... and yes that they could get away with the same game plan as last week. cmon man. You cant play this game... haha
i ain't a sore loser mate, just saying that the colts O didn't pick apart our D like you said it would, manning struggled again and i'll bet a lot of money that the D won't put up 3 good efforts in a row

i ain't a sore loser mate, just saying that the colts O didn't pick apart our D like you said it would, manning struggled again and i'll bet a lot of money that the D won't put up 3 good efforts in a row

(a) I didnt say he would pick it apart at any stage. The Ravens D is awesome, and played awesome on the weekend.
(b) Wheres your lot of money?... anyway thats another discussion, haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back