Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts pegged as favorites to land Le’Veon Bell in 2019
Posted by Mike Florio on August 21, 2018, 5:51 AM EDT

ap_17260753793635-e1505731076787.jpg

AP

Colts G.M. Chris Ballard grew up a Steelers fan in Texas. He could be seven months away from luring a current Steeler to Indiana.

The folks at Bovada have pegged the Colts as the favorites to secure the services of running back Le'Veon Bell for the 2019 season.

For the Colts, it’s +375. The Jets are next at +400, along with the Steelers. (The number for a return to Pittsburgh should be much, much higher.)

The Browns have +500, followed by the Lions at +550, the Texans at +600, the Raiders at +1000, the Cardinals at +1200, and the Bills at +1500.

An intra-division move is intriguing; the Ravens should be on this list, too. Potential running back-needy teams also should be considered, like the Broncos and Packers.

A chance remains that Bell will be with another team by the start of the 2018 season. If the Steelers decide to go with James Conner, who’ll make less than $600,000 for the year over Bell and his salary in excess of $800,000 per week, the franchise tag could still be rescinded — and Bell could be a free agent before Week One.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts signed RB Jeremy McNichols to their practice squad.

McNichols was part of the 49ers' roster cuts over the weekend after managing a 23-73-3.2-2 rushing line this preseason. McNichols was an interesting draft prospect last year but failed to make the Bucs after being a fifth-rounder. The Colts, on paper, are a solid landing spot for McNichols.
Related: 49ers

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Colts signed RB Jeremy McNichols to their practice squad.

McNichols was part of the 49ers' roster cuts over the weekend after managing a 23-73-3.2-2 rushing line this preseason. McNichols was an interesting draft prospect last year but failed to make the Bucs after being a fifth-rounder. The Colts, on paper, are a solid landing spot for McNichols.
Related: 49ers

Ballard all over it as always.

I wish we'd kept Gore, seriously.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pat McAfee: Ryan Grigson fining me for an Instagram post led to my retirement
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 5, 2018, 4:55 AM EDT
gettyimages-496334764-e1536137705266.jpg

Getty Images

Former Colts punter Pat McAfee says former General Manager Ryan Grigson fining him for an Instagram post was the last straw that led him to retire from the NFL.

McAfee says that late in the 2016 season, Grigson hauled him into his office with a printout of an Instagram picture McAfee had posted of himself in the Colts’ facilities. McAfee sees nothing wrong with the picture, but Grigson was furious about it.

“He has the picture on a piece of paper, slams it on the desk, pushes it across the desk to me and I look at it,” McAfee said on his podcast, via the Indianapolis Star. “At this moment in my head, I’ve already said ‘[expletive] it’ to this guy. I look at the photo and look up at him. It’s like a moment of silence. . . . He pulls out my contract, opens it up, goes to a clause. ‘Since this isn’t your first offense, I can fine you a game check for this.’ You only get 17 game checks in your entire salary, so if you want to look up what that was, it was $100,000 almost. I said, ‘For what?’ He said, ‘Is that a football room?’ I said, ‘Well the title is an equipment room. There’s footballs in there I guess.’ He goes, ‘Why do you have to be such a smartass? I can fine you anything I want. This is why we’re losing.’ This is why we lost to the Steelers, he tells me.”

McAfee said he told Grigson that the Colts’ losses were Grigson’s fault for failing to build an offensive line that could protect Andrew Luck.

“He goes, ‘What did you just say to me?’ I go, ‘Oh yeah, I’m the best in the game at what I do. I wish you would do the same.’ This is a moment he did not expect. He goes, ‘You’re going to walk into my office and disrespect me?’ I go, ‘You called me in here.’ He said, ‘I’m going to fine you a whole game check.’ I said, ‘Cool bro,’ and literally walked out of his office. As I walk out, he gives me the, ‘Get out of my office.’ I go, ‘Already walking out,’” McAfee said.

With that, McAfee decided he no longer wanted to play for the Colts. Grigson was fired after that season as well.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pat McAfee: Ryan Grigson fining me for an Instagram post led to my retirement
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 5, 2018, 4:55 AM EDT
gettyimages-496334764-e1536137705266.jpg

Getty Images

Former Colts punter Pat McAfee says former General Manager Ryan Grigson fining him for an Instagram post was the last straw that led him to retire from the NFL.

McAfee says that late in the 2016 season, Grigson hauled him into his office with a printout of an Instagram picture McAfee had posted of himself in the Colts’ facilities. McAfee sees nothing wrong with the picture, but Grigson was furious about it.

“He has the picture on a piece of paper, slams it on the desk, pushes it across the desk to me and I look at it,” McAfee said on his podcast, via the Indianapolis Star. “At this moment in my head, I’ve already said ‘[expletive] it’ to this guy. I look at the photo and look up at him. It’s like a moment of silence. . . . He pulls out my contract, opens it up, goes to a clause. ‘Since this isn’t your first offense, I can fine you a game check for this.’ You only get 17 game checks in your entire salary, so if you want to look up what that was, it was $100,000 almost. I said, ‘For what?’ He said, ‘Is that a football room?’ I said, ‘Well the title is an equipment room. There’s footballs in there I guess.’ He goes, ‘Why do you have to be such a smartass? I can fine you anything I want. This is why we’re losing.’ This is why we lost to the Steelers, he tells me.”

McAfee said he told Grigson that the Colts’ losses were Grigson’s fault for failing to build an offensive line that could protect Andrew Luck.

“He goes, ‘What did you just say to me?’ I go, ‘Oh yeah, I’m the best in the game at what I do. I wish you would do the same.’ This is a moment he did not expect. He goes, ‘You’re going to walk into my office and disrespect me?’ I go, ‘You called me in here.’ He said, ‘I’m going to fine you a whole game check.’ I said, ‘Cool bro,’ and literally walked out of his office. As I walk out, he gives me the, ‘Get out of my office.’ I go, ‘Already walking out,’” McAfee said.

Ballard has his work cut out for him to fix the mess that Grigson made with our roster - I'm pretty sure that there are hardly any players left from his draft classes now. Luck, TY, AC and Kelly and maybe a couple more and that's a scary bad turnover.

Philly Dorsett, Trent Richardson, Bjorn Werner or whatever his name was... this guy was a total disaster.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ballard has his work cut out for him to fix the mess that Grigson made with our roster - I'm pretty sure that there are hardly any players left from his draft classes now. Luck, TY, AC and Kelly and maybe a couple more and that's a scary bad turnover.

Philly Dorsett, Trent Richardson, Bjorn Werner or whatever his name was... this guy was a total disaster.
Much of the damaged already repaired imo.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Much of the damaged already repaired imo.

True, but still a fair way to go.

I'm quite confident that Quincy Wilson, Darius Leonard and Marlon Mack will be very good players for us while Malik Hooker and Quenton Nelson will be top tier players in their positions.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
How amazing is this team playing right now? we would have to be one of the most exciting teams.

The o-line hasnt let a sack happen in four weeks which is an incredible turn around from last season.

The entire 2018 draft class looks amazing right now Ballard >>>>> Dog s**t >>>>>>>>> Grigson

Eric Ebron is an absolute machine we have the best mix of TE's in the NFL on our roster.

Just need to focus on our Defence in the off season and this team is going places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts assistant: Quenton Nelson’s attitude rubbing off on whole line
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 30, 2018, 6:31 AM EST
gettyimages-10521370822-e1543577444153.jpg

Getty Images

When most of the other top teams in the 2018 NFL Draft were looking to find quarterbacks to change their cultures, the Colts were willing to trade down and take a guard to change theirs.

So while the addition of Quenton Nelson might not have garnered the most headlines, perhaps no other rookie is making as big of an impact on his team’s record or the way they’re playing.

The Notre Dame guard is known for not only successfully blocking, but aggressively blocking his opponents, and Colts offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo said it’s rubbing off on his teammates. And it’s probably not a coincidence that the Colts suddenly have one of the league’s best-protecting lines, allowing a league-low 11 sacks. For a team that’s averaged nearly 40 sacks allowed per year over the last six years and 56 last year, the difference is dramatic.

He’s changed the way the game is played with those guys, or at least, changed the accepted level of play beyond, ‘I’m blocking my guy,’” DeGuglielmo said, via Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star. “You see him knock people down, you see him go after linebackers. He plays with a nastiness and brings out the natural nastiness in other players.

“To put a guy down? That’s one thing. To put a guy down and lay on him, it’s another thing. You know what I’m saying? You put a guy down and don’t let him get up? That’s a third thing. There’s a degree of, ‘I’m going to make sure you understand what happened to you.’ And it’s natural to him. That’s a great thing. It’s not just how you finish a guy. It’s knocking him down and making sure he stays down.

“Let me put it this way: I have a Rottweiler. He’s the friendliest guy you know. But you come in the house in the middle of the night, I wouldn’t want to be there, you know? I wouldn’t want to be that guy. Now, he’s never messed with anybody while I’m standing there, but I wouldn’t want to walk in on him in the middle of the night. (Nelson) plays to the whistle, plays right to the whistle, and he goes down there and picks up his teammates every single play. Most unusual thing I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t matter where it is.”

DeGuglielmo said that when players return to the bench, they’re now comparing how many Nelson-like blocks they can come up with, and that the entire line is resembling “throwbacks to the 50s and 60s.”

The same could be said about the strategy of drafting a guard as an impact player, but Nelson’s influence on the Colts line has been clear, and immediate.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts pegged as favorites to land Le’Veon Bell in 2019
Posted by Mike Florio on August 21, 2018, 5:51 AM EDT

ap_17260753793635-e1505731076787.jpg

AP

Colts G.M. Chris Ballard grew up a Steelers fan in Texas. He could be seven months away from luring a current Steeler to Indiana.

The folks at Bovada have pegged the Colts as the favorites to secure the services of running back Le'Veon Bell for the 2019 season.

For the Colts, it’s +375. The Jets are next at +400, along with the Steelers. (The number for a return to Pittsburgh should be much, much higher.)

The Browns have +500, followed by the Lions at +550, the Texans at +600, the Raiders at +1000, the Cardinals at +1200, and the Bills at +1500.

An intra-division move is intriguing; the Ravens should be on this list, too. Potential running back-needy teams also should be considered, like the Broncos and Packers.

A chance remains that Bell will be with another team by the start of the 2018 season. If the Steelers decide to go with James Conner, who’ll make less than $600,000 for the year over Bell and his salary in excess of $800,000 per week, the franchise tag could still be rescinded — and Bell could be a free agent before Week One.

I can't see Ballard getting into a bidding war over Bell. He wants players who want to be Colts, not players who just want to go to whoever pays them the most.

The Jets or Eagles will get him.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
the heart of a lion.....

-------------------

Darius Leonard “heartbroken” he didn’t make Pro Bowl
Posted by Josh Alper on December 19, 2018, 6:08 PM EST

Two defensive rookies were named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday night, but Colts linebacker Darius Leonard didn’t get the nod despite a season that has put him at the top of the list of contenders for defensive rookie of the year.

Leonard leads the league with 146 tackles and has seven sacks and four forced fumbles on the year, but was left out of the AFC outside linebacker group in favor of Jadeveon Clowney, Dee Ford and Von Miller. Those players are all 3-4 outside linebackers while Leonard plays in a 4-3 base that often calls for him to take on different responsibilities.

Leonard said on Wednesday that he was “heartbroken” to miss the cut and told tight end Eric Ebron that he’s shooting for 40 tackles against the Giants this weekend to further his case.

“Impossible? There is nothing impossible,” Leonard said, via ESPN.com. “If you play a lot of snaps you’ve just got to get on every play possible.”

Leonard was named as an alternate and history says that he’ll be getting the call to come to Orlando as one of the others will pull out of the game between now and the final Sunday in January

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
the heart of a lion.....

-------------------

Darius Leonard “heartbroken” he didn’t make Pro Bowl
Posted by Josh Alper on December 19, 2018, 6:08 PM EST

Two defensive rookies were named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday night, but Colts linebacker Darius Leonard didn’t get the nod despite a season that has put him at the top of the list of contenders for defensive rookie of the year.

Leonard leads the league with 146 tackles and has seven sacks and four forced fumbles on the year, but was left out of the AFC outside linebacker group in favor of Jadeveon Clowney, Dee Ford and Von Miller. Those players are all 3-4 outside linebackers while Leonard plays in a 4-3 base that often calls for him to take on different responsibilities.

Leonard said on Wednesday that he was “heartbroken” to miss the cut and told tight end Eric Ebron that he’s shooting for 40 tackles against the Giants this weekend to further his case.

“Impossible? There is nothing impossible,” Leonard said, via ESPN.com. “If you play a lot of snaps you’ve just got to get on every play possible.”

Leonard was named as an alternate and history says that he’ll be getting the call to come to Orlando as one of the others will pull out of the game between now and the final Sunday in January

Darius Leonard 13 Games 146 Tackles 12 TFLs 7 Sacks 1 Interception 4 Forced Fumble 2 Fumble Recoveries 6 Passes Defended

Mosley + McKinney 27 Games 187 Tackles 10 TFLs 2 Sacks 0 Interceptions 1 Forced Fumble 0 Fumble Recoveries 7 Passes Defended

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
One thing that really impresses me is Denico Autry.

He was a bargain bin buy that hardly anybody even noticed and he's come in and played a great role for the Colts.

Really impressed with him earning an alternative spot.
Autry has been ******* fantastic.

another gem from Ballard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back