Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the most shocking retirements ever.

i had to check several different sources to make sure it wasnt a joke.

Gee this puts us in so to speak football hell now which is mediocrity.

Also Ryan Grigson should get life in prison he ruined andrew luck has to be one of the most incompetent GMs in NFL history

One of the most shocking retirements ever.

i had to check several different sources to make sure it wasnt a joke.

Gee this puts us in so to speak football hell now which is mediocrity.

Also Ryan Grigson should get life in prison he ruined andrew luck has to be one of the most incompetent GMs in NFL history

Grigson a f***ing disgrace. Got handed a slam dunk franchise QB and managed to have him completely out of the league by age 30. :thumbsdown:

Cautionary tale for others though.

Luck admitted in the presser he heard the boos and that it did hurt.

Sports fanatics, the fanatics, are boorish and give humanity a bad name.

He is copping it a lot on twitter.

Some guy said Brady is still playing at 40 with all his injuries.

Did Brady just miss the one season with the knee injury?

He is copping it a lot on twitter.

Some guy said Brady is still playing at 40 with all his injuries.

Did Brady just miss the one season with the knee injury?
Brady missed only one year yes.
But Brady has been dealing with tons of injuries thruout his career, just like any other player who plays football....an assortment of thumb, ankle, shoulder, etc.
I guess Luck didn't have the intestinal fortitude like many other greats had to deal with adversity.

Luck has been battered non stop since Day 1

The guy has brains, left with money in the bank to go onto bigger and better things

Good on him

The franchise failed him at the start so you cant blame him for bailing now
Yep we literally set him up for failure since day dot with that clown Grigson.

But geez the way the direction this franchise was heading in hurts, literally changes everything in the AFC South now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty poor form from your fans who boo a guy who literally put his body on the line for years behind that revolting offensive line

It was *in pathetic.

I've never been to Indiana or a Colts game so I got no idea what the fans are really like... alot of the stuff I've seen in Facebook groups has been the same.

Good to see from Irsay.

I hope the Colts have given Luck the "door is always open" option.

Go away for a year, get his body and mind in the right place and if the love for the game comes back, he's always welcome back.

If not, he's made the right call and will always be remembered as a Colts great.

Baltimore Ravens’ Robert Griffin III applauds Andrew Luck for showing ‘human element’ in retirement

Updated Aug 25, 12:54 PM;Posted Aug 25, 12:49 PM

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (12) and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III (3) speak following an NFL preseason football game in Indianapolis, Monday, Aug. 20, 2018. The Ravens defeated the Colts 20-19. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)

AP
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (12) and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III (3) speak following an NFL preseason football game in Indianapolis, Monday, Aug. 20, 2018. The Ravens defeated the Colts 20-19. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)

By Aaron Kasinitz | akasinitz@pennlive.com

OWINGS MILLS, Md. — After watching a movie on Netflix with his wife, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III clicked over to live television Saturday night and felt stunned. That’s when Griffin learned that Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, an NFL star who finished second to Griffin in 2011 Heisman Trophy voting, decided to retire at age 29.

Luck said at a press conference a long list of injuries and seemingly endless rehab left him worn down. After seven years in the NFL, he thought he’d enjoy life more if he gave up football.

Griffin, who’s also 29, said he felt like he’s been competing against Luck his entire career. They were two of the top recruits in the state of Texas as high schoolers. Griffin won the Heisman Trophy in 2011, but the next spring, Luck went No. 1 in the NFL draft to the Colts. With the second pick, Washington took Griffin.

And as he thought about his friend and competitor, Griffin said he felt proud Luck was able to make a difficult choice on his own and show the world that football players live for more than their sport.

“I know there’s a lot of guys in all the locker rooms around the league who have had to deal with a lot of pain, and some of them have contemplated retirement,” Griffin said. “The guys respect his decision to go out on his own terms, in his own way and to have the courage to do that, especially in today’s society with the way we’re looked at.

“We’re looked at as superheroes, as not human beings, and for him to have that human element, express it in the press conference after the game, go and talk to the media, answer questions — I thought that was really big.”
https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-...-the-fringe-with-cutdown-day-approaching.html
Griffin can relate to Luck’s struggle to remain healthy and find fulfillment in the NFL. After winning the Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2012, Griffin suffered knee injuries that derailed his ascent toward stardom. He endured an ungraceful fallout in Washington, struggled with more injuries and inconsistent play after signing with the Browns in 2016 and was out of the NFL in ‘17.

“I was at that point where you’re tired of being injured, tired of being hurt, tired of having to go through that process,” Griffin said.

Even so, Griffin said he always envisioned a return to the NFL, and he spent last season as the Ravens’ third-string quarterback. He’s in line to serve as Lamar Jackson’s backup this year.
Griffin’s NFL career has now outlasted Luck’s, even though the Colts QB threw for 4,593 yards and 39 touchdowns last year to earn his fourth Pro Bowl invite. Despite his accomplishments, some Indianapolis fans who attended the team’s preseason game Saturday night booed Luck after news broke that he had decided to retire.

Back in the Baltimore area, Griffin was saddened by that. Luck didn’t deserve to get booed, he said.

“If you get that feeling from [fans], it makes you feel like they don’t appreciate what you’ve done and what you’ve sacrificed to put that helmet on,” Griffin said. “After the game, I know he said it hurt. And I think any player would be hurt by that. I hope those fans have their moment where they can look back and say, ‘Man, I really shouldn’t have done that.’”

Hey guys, don’t know anything about your your new QB, but read he can put scores on the board. Should be a tight first game with a lot of points.
As a chargers guy, not sure what to expect, we have a few big outs but should cover them. Rivers never played a down in pre season, so who knows?
Shame about Luck but opens the door on a new beginning. All the best.

Be interesting if we make a move at the trade deadline.

Wilson has been inactive and useless.

Apparently we have put out feelers for Ryan Kerrigan which i could get behind.

Houston and Kerrigan on the edge makes me wet even if there past there prime.

Be interesting if we make a move at the trade deadline.

Wilson has been inactive and useless.

Apparently we have put out feelers for Ryan Kerrigan which i could get behind.

Houston and Kerrigan on the edge makes me wet even if there past there prime.

I dunno what to do about Quincy - I want him to succeed but it's not happening.

I'm not surprised we didn't make a move either... the Redskins were pretty unwilling to work with anybody at the deadline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back