Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Well our season has come to an end absolutely nothing to gain if we win another game.

Time to look for our franchise QB as much as we like Brissett can anybody ever see him leading a team to a Superbowl i cant.

2020 offseason will be pretty crucial for what happens to the Colts

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Speaking at his season-ending presser Thursday, Colts GM Chris Ballard said "the Jury is still out" on Jacoby Brissett.
Ballard added, "Right now, I'll say Jacoby is our starting quarterback ... Jacoby did some good things ... but our passing game has to improve, unequivocally." Drafting a QB with the No. 13 pick doesn't appear to be out of the question. Brissett flashed at times in 2019 and demonstrated an underrated ability to fend off rushers before creating off script. Still, his average of 6.78 adjusted yards per attempt ranked 23rd among 42 QBs to throw at least 100 passes in 2019. It's tough to call him anything but an average QB at best for the time being.
SOURCE: Kevin Bowen on Twitter
Jan 2, 2020, 10:23 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts GM Chris Ballard said, "We'll probably move on" when asked about impending free agent Eric Ebron.
The Colts appear willing to enter 2020 with Jack Doyle and Mo Alie-Cox as their top-two TEs. Ebron should have a decent market of teams that could use a big-bodied receiver that is capable of lining up all over the formation. Overall, Ebron spent as much time in the slot (152 snaps) and out wide (69) as he did as a true inline TE (102). Drops have always been a bit of a problem, but Ebron is just one season removed from scoring 13 touchdowns.
SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter
Jan 2, 2020, 10:38 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts GM Chris Ballard reiterated Thursday that Andrew Luck has no plans to come out of retirement.
The Colts are rumored to be looking for a new quarterback this off-season. Jacoby Brissett started the season off well but closed it with four touchdowns over his final nine games. Luck would be a sight for sore eyes but Ballard made it clear that Luck is done with football. "Andrew is retired," said Ballard during his 75-minute press conference. "I think we all need to accept that." Expect the Colts to do their due diligence on quarterbacks in free agency and the draft.
SOURCE: Indianapolis Star
Jan 2, 2020, 3:38 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
When asked of the Browns' interest in former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, owner Jimmy Haslam said, "Right now we're just focusing on people with NFL coaching experience."
That doesn't necessarily means that Cleveland is out on Meyer, though he's not a name the Browns are currently pursuing. Meyer has been attached to a few vacancies in the NFL but has not garnered an interview yet. The Browns have already reached out to Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, Bills OC Brian Daboll, 49ers passing-game coordinator Mike LaFleur, ex-Packers coach Mike McCarthy, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Ravens OC Greg Roman, 49ers DC Robert Saleh and Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski among others. Baylor coach Matt Rhule will not be a candidate to replace Freddie Kitchens after turning down an interview request.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 2, 2020, 2:14 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colts declined S Malik Hooker's fifth-year team option for 2021.
Hooker has yet to play a full season for the Colts, playing in 34 of a potential 48 games. Just last season, Hooker dealt with hand, knee and foot injuries. His name was also floated as a possible trade candidate by former NFL executive Michael Lombardi ahead of the draft. When on the field, Hooker lives up to his draft billing in a free safety role. The Colts have plenty of cap space available in 2021, so if Hooker produces a healthy and quality 2020 season, he could cost Indy a hefty price in the form of a long term contract. As Field Yates points out, among 2017 first-round picks: 17 were picked up, 13 were declined, one player was extended and one was outright released.
SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
May 4, 2020, 3:16 PM ET

Colts signed C Ryan Kelly to a four-year, $50 million extension through 2024.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal includes $34 million guaranteed, a gargantuan sum for a pivot. Kelly is now the highest-paid center in the league. It's surprising because Kelly isn't clearly ahead of the pack, while he has also dealt with injury issues, though he did appear in all 16 games last season. 2020 is his age-27 campaign. The Colts have made their offensive line one of the focal points of the team, and it will be the key factor in both a Philip Rivers bounce-back and Jonathan Taylor breakout.

What are your expectations this year colts fans? Anything lofty?

Roster is stacked, but I'm somewhat concerned about Rivers after what i saw last season.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
What are your expectations this year colts fans? Anything lofty?

Roster is stacked, but I'm somewhat concerned about Rivers after what i saw last season.
Very confident the team has the talent but really it comes down to what Rivers has left in the tank from all reports out of Training camp (yes i know everyone hypes up during TC) he's look as good as he possibly could.

DeFo is a big addition in the middle.

Id be happy with getting a playoff victory this season.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I guess we wait to see if other teams struggle at Jacksonville to know how bad a defeat it is.

Not good news if Mack is out for the season.

Vikings, Jets, Bears and Browns next.

The loss puts a bit more pressure on to win 3 of those games.

Absolute head scratcher given the Jags have spent the off-season tanking.. if I had to give you any words of encouragement it would be that it's a divisional opponent, strange s**t happens regularly in match ups.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ztup5mbh2zm51.jpg

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Colts 445 to Jags 241 total yards.
Rivers 363 passing yards, 2 INT!
Pretty much a typical Rivers game, welcome to how it feels to be a Charger fan. Rivers strength is his good defence reading, but he is slow moving and his arm is shot/no power. Hope things get better for the Colts, but Rivers always pushes to get yardage and his throws come out slow which gives defence a chance to intercept. He has got stop the give aways!

Back